MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Missing Sample Images  (Read 7762 times)

« on: October 28, 2011, 05:01 »
I registered on this site on the 21st of October and immediately uploaded the 10 required sample images.  At the time of uploading these images, I notified the inspectors that I uploaded my images to 15 other microstock photography sites. 

Within two days, my 10 sample photos had disappeared.  I contacted support to notify them of this situation and 24 hours later I received an e-mail from the site requesting me to upload another 10 images.  I did this 24 hours ago and, once again, today, the 10 sample images have disappeared.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Phil

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 18:30 »
Hey Phillip, that sounds like an odd situation, do you mean you've uploaded images for the portfolio review? (i.e. to become a contributor) or is this uploading to sell? What is your username? I'll see if I can figure it out - though it is the weekend so it may take me a day or two!

Yes, to become a contributor.

Username: PhillipMinnis

As I stated, the 10 sample images that I uploaded on two occasions disappeared after about 24 hours.

Cheers

Phil

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 18:36 »
Thanks, Collis.  I look forward to an update.

Cheers

Phil

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 05:46 »
Hi Collis,
I want to try photodune for some months just to see if it's worth the effort.
i've uploaded also 10 images for the first review and they also vanished.
I have one week to send you my portfolio, after this time,i will not be in my country for 4 months.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08 »
No, i've sent a zip file.
I've sent also a ticket to the team, waiting for answer. I gave you a link to my SS portfolio, maybe it's easier to have a look of my work than sending 10 pictures and lost many time.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 15:29 »
OK, now I'm nearly over trying to upload my 10 sample images to this site. 

On two occasions, I uploaded the 10 sample images, and within 24 hours they'd disappeared.

After complaining about it, here, I have received e-mails from Collis, Pete and Brad, trying to sort out the problem.   It was soon ascertained that I had not uploaded the images correctly to the site.....I had not sent them through in a zip folder.....I had uploaded 10 separate images.  Due to the fact that I had never uploaded a zip folder before, I did not know how to do it.  Support sent me a link to a tutorial on how to do it.  I followed the instructions carefully, and I created a 'zip' folder containing the 10 sample images.  It was around 67mb in size.  I uploaded the zip folder to the web-site, and it all worked correctly.  However, I did not receive the 'Congratulations' message at the end of the upload process that each successful uploader is supposed to get.

This morning, I checked to make sure the folder is still in the upload area of the site........it has gone!

I'm about to upload the zip folder again, to give it one more chance.  I have never spent so much time trying to get 10 sample images on to a site!  It had better be worth it!!!

Before closing I must congratulate the team at the site......at least they reply to e-mails within 24 hours, and try to be helpful!

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59 »
You have many chances Phillip, i'm waiting my inquiry answer since almost 72 hours, never lost so many time for uploading to a site, why they don't answer to my ticket? I'm staying cool for some hours, after i give up.  >:(

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 13:08 »
5 days I'm waiting the answer from envato support!!! Always no news, sent a second asking and still nothing!!
Zip is a real ultra modern technic, I know...  ???

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 06:15 »
Ticket: #163689
Thanks for your answer, but i think it's now too late, i'm leaving my country in 2days and be back in some months, i'm afraid i have no time to upload my pictures to your agency.

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 16:18 »
Good!! I have finally an answer from photodune:

Hey Smithore,
Thanks for your email. Please take the PhotoDune quiz again:
http://photodune.net/upload/take_quiz
Regards,
Thinesh P

I already done your stupid test, i'm selling microstock for 5 years now. I've sent you 10 pictures in a zip, wait 5 days and now you send me this message!!!!!????? You take contributors for suckers? Really ??
I think these guys are simply the worsts i have never seen in microstock market, if you were near my place, i will send you my stupid president Sarkozy for the most boring diner of your life.
So bye bye photodune, and congrats for your inability to communicate.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 16:21 by Smithore »

CreatingDrew

• Hi, I'm Drew from the Envato Support Team! :-)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 18:02 »
Good!! I have finally an answer from photodune:

Hey Smithore,
Thanks for your email. Please take the PhotoDune quiz again:
http://photodune.net/upload/take_quiz
Regards,
Thinesh P

I already done your stupid test, i'm selling microstock for 5 years now. I've sent you 10 pictures in a zip, wait 5 days and now you send me this message!!!!!????? You take contributors for suckers? Really ??
I think these guys are simply the worsts i have never seen in microstock market, if you were near my place, i will send you my stupid president Sarkozy for the most boring diner of your life.
So bye bye photodune, and congrats for your inability to communicate.

Hi again Smithmore,

Thanks for getting back to me with the ticket ID, I do apologize if the message was less than helpful, it seems the staff member was under the impression your files may not be getting accepted due to the need to become an author. I am indeed showing your author status is currently set to "false". Regardless, I'll reply to your ticket with more information that may help shortly, and I'd also like to invite you to reach out to me anytime via drew{at}envato{dot}com

I hope you have a great day, and safe travels! :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 18:13 by CreatingDrew »

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 05:24 »
OK,
So, as i have already lost many times with your system,  i just now explain you what to do :you have to put my author status to "true" and i can upload today, ok? I've sent you the link of my SS portfolio, you see it or not? I'm an author or not?  ???

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 10:45 »
As a contributor still on the fence about whether I should add PhotoDune to the sites I upload to, this thread is not at all encouraging.

First is a rather odd approval process - a ZIP file of images? Of course I know how to do that, but does PhotoDune realize that no other agency out there does it this way? Then there's the bugs in the system - and I know that all software has bugs, but when the contributor acceptance process isn't even working, that first impressions count saying comes to mind.

Then I read the thread about FTP problems, and although there is one person at the end who had a problem free experience, the description there of having to place images in one folder, model releases in another, etc. sounded seriously in need of work. Someone at PhotoDune should become a SS contributor and use their upload process to see how to do it.

Even if I got my head around the low EL prices issue, is this site really worth uploading to?

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 11:22 »
Yes Jsnover, i'm totally agree with you, i just try to test this site, i don't want to eat SS who's doing so well actually, as i go traveling for some months, i was thinking to upload around 1000 pictures to photodune, if the selling wasn't there, i'm planning to delete everything quickly.
The problem is here: it's impossible to be accepted in this site without passing thru archaic mechanism with zip file (!!!!!) and the answer of the support is simply robotic! I just can see they doing well on microstockgroup forum for their advertising, including easy upload for some famous contributors who can claim "it's a wonderful new site with so many sell", but in reality, it's seems it's an old process site with complicated upload.
I've sent to their support my SS portfolio link, but they always want me to pass again their "test" and seems themselves caught in the stupid archaic process of the servers. So i've just uploaded again my 10 files in a zip with a note attached saying "second and last try", if they manage to respond before tomorrow, i maybe can upload some pictures, but the classical uploading seems also very painful...