pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Auction software  (Read 2038 times)

« on: November 02, 2011, 18:13 »
Hello everyone,

A very off-topic subject.

Every year I run a 2nd hand CD auction for raising money for charity (Mail's Santa Claus, I've told you about his here before). The auction is currently done by email - people send me their bids, I put values in a spreadsheet, tell people when their bids are surpassed or are inferior to previous bids. I keep track of all the bids so I can show them to all participants later. Then I select all the winning bids and manually separate each participants' results. This takes of course some time.

I have just found a spreadsheet that helps in this procedure. I haven't ried it yet, just downloaded it. I'm not sur eit will make my life any easier in lieu of my own spreadsheet.
http://www.theopenauction.com/

I was wondering however if there is some freeware I could use online, or a website, so my friends would log on and place their bids and it would check automatically if their bids were surpassed, all that, without taking much of my time. This would not need to handle any payments, just control the bids automatically. It could be something I could set in my own website too.

Please, if anyone knows something that may help, I'd be very gratefull.