MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I Just Love That Green Line Of Arrows On The Right Side Of The Forum  (Read 6727 times)

« on: December 03, 2011, 00:13 »
Just sayin'.
Don't you love it?

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 00:45 »
Yup. Hope the message is a true one.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 00:51 »
For me that stats says that - the rumors of microstock's death have been greatly exaggerated. We are doing good. Agencies are doing good.
Or how to interpret microstock poll results? More people have started microstock business? Is it Earnings Rating per user or just total? How to interpret it?

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:10 »
I'm not exactly sure what those little arrows mean. Are they based on one person's experience (that's my understanding) or is it a cross section of contributors?

Microbius

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 03:18 »
I'm not exactly sure what those little arrows mean. Are they based on one person's experience (that's my understanding) or is it a cross section of contributors?
They are based on the results of a survey of forum users that is conducted every month

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:28 »
For me that stats says that - the rumors of microstock's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Completely agree. Some of us tended to exchange problems at some (big) sites with microstock's death.
Now that we have seen that buyers just moved from sites in trouble to other sites, we can confidently say microstock is not dead.

We are doing good. Agencies are doing good.

Partially agree. We are doing good, but could be better. I mean, my earnings are still growing, but less than proportionally to the number of new pictures uploaded. There are too many reasons to discuss here, the main being increased competition.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 05:46 »
Its seasonal.  November has always been strong for me.  I expect to see a lot of red arrows after December.  People seem to get over excited during the good selling spring and autumn and then its back to doom and gloom in the winter and summer.

Microbius

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:16 »
Its seasonal.  November has always been strong for me.  I expect to see a lot of red arrows after December.  People seem to get over excited during the good selling spring and autumn and then its back to doom and gloom in the winter and summer.
My most useful graph is the one showing how the current month has done in comparison to the same month in previous years.
There's so much seasonal variation it's very hard to get any meaningful info by comparing different calendar months with each other.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 17:00 »
My November was worse cca 15% than October... So these green arrows mean to me nothin'... ;)

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 17:08 »
Look at where Photodune is.  Is that because of the bundle that some participated in or are they really doing that well?  I guess I wasn't paying attention, has Bigstock been that far behind for long?

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 19:21 »
Look at where Photodune is.  Is that because of the bundle that some participated in or are they really doing that well?  I guess I wasn't paying attention, has Bigstock been that far behind for long?

They're really doing that well.  The bundle paid off in October, so if people are reporting accurately, November's numbers should just be regular sales.  Those regular sales put PhotoDune at #5 in November, behind Shutterstock, 123RF, CanStock, and iStock but double Dreamstime and Fotolia.  For me, BigStock was barely behind those last two last month.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 21:16 »

They're really doing that well.  The bundle paid off in October, so if people are reporting accurately, November's numbers should just be regular sales.  Those regular sales put PhotoDune at #5 in November, behind Shutterstock, 123RF, CanStock, and iStock but double Dreamstime and Fotolia.  For me, BigStock was barely behind those last two last month.

Good for DP & PD. Big has been the same for a long time. The question I'd wonder is whats the difference between 3 and 3.6 in money. in dollars not polls numbers. If only $5 its not a big difference from DP to BS is it.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 21:28 »
I was thinking where  would IS rate without exclusive's sales? It would appear that a greater percentage of their sales are by exclusives with everthing else pushed down in best match. If you had to compile a list of earnings by agencies for independents how would it change. My view is that istock is prob second tier (maybe lower) without exclusive sales..

RacePhoto

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 05:37 »

Good for DP & PD. Big has been the same for a long time. The question I'd wonder is whats the difference between 3 and 3.6 in money. in dollars not polls numbers. If only $5 its not a big difference from DP to BS is it.

3 is $10 average 3.6 is about $16 average. 4 = $20 a month. Yes, the difference between the sites that are all 3 or 4 is $10 a month.

The numbers are kind of odd (no big complaint but real dollar numbers would make things look a bit different)

Look at this, $0 [1]    $5 [2]    $10 [3]    $20 [4]    $50 [5]    $100 [6]    $200 [7]

Nothing is a 1? $5 is 2, and the rest are easy to see.

All the middle three sites are 3.6 for example = $16 a month.  DT @ 4.6 is $38 a month, (double but it's only one number?) IS @ 5.7 = $85 a month, but it's only one number higher? And SS at 6.8 is $180 a month. One number more than IS but it's $100 a month more!

SS is double the number of the Mid sites, but honestly it's 10 times higher.

So what I'm getting at, is while the numbers look close, there's a big difference.

Leaf can do whatever he wants, but giving a site 1 for zero sales, raises the averages, artificially.