pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Veer Subscriptions is live  (Read 8083 times)

« on: December 06, 2011, 13:42 »
Hi everyone,

A few months ago, we let you know that wed be launching a new subscription offering for customers this winter. That time has come, and were pleased to announce that
Veer Subscriptions, featuring your high-quality commercial images, is now live and open for business.

Veer was already making it easier to be creative by offering customers an uncomplicated shopping experience using cash or prepaid credits. Now buyers also have the option to use convenient monthly or yearly subscription plans to make regular high-volume purchases.

Weve made it simple for customers to navigate between Veer and Veer Subscriptions, so they can purchase extended licenses for your images when they download as part of their subscription plan. That means a great buying experience for the customer turns into additional royalties for you. Were also proud of the fact that the standard subscription royalties were offering you are some of the highest in the industry. You can see a detailed breakdown of our rates here .

The image upload process remains the same. Your images make their way to Veer Subscriptions simply by existing at Veer, and your subscription royalties will be displayed in your regular dashboard. Theres no fuss, and more opportunities to earn.

For more information about how Veer Subscriptions works, check out our FAQ .

Sincerely,

The Veer Contributor Team
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 13:45 by RyanB »

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 13:47 »
quick question, what is the min size of the XXL? it is over 14.7?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 14:30 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 17:10 »
quick question, what is the min size of the XXL? it is over 14.7?

We don't have a specific MB requirement, but one dimension of the image will need to be at least 4900 pixels in order to qualify as XXL

traveler1116

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 17:29 »
Were also proud of the fact that the standard subscription royalties were offering you are some of the highest in the industry. You can see a detailed breakdown of our rates here

25 cents a download doesn't seem like the highest in the industry.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 17:35 »
To look on the bright side, it looks to me that the .25 is just the 'worst case scenario' and that the average subs dl will probably pay considerably more. My guess: I will be making more revenues from Veer in the future.  :D

traveler1116

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 17:45 »
To look on the bright side, it looks to me that the .25 is just the 'worst case scenario' and that the average subs dl will probably pay considerably more. My guess: I will be making more revenues from Veer in the future.  :D

You can see what veer pays out compared to shutterstock.  Veer one month plan $229 pays out max $150 ($.25 per DL for 600) while shutterstock one month plan $249 pays out up to $285 ($.38 per DL for 750).  Even at the lowest shutterstock level they payout $187.5 or 75% of the subscription price while veer at the max pays out 65%.  I guess you'll have to see how it plays out but a low tier site should be offering better than 25 cents a download (which I would guess is going to be the vast majority of sales).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 17:52 by traveler1116 »

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 17:54 »
Perhaps you didn't look at the revised Veer plan. If the buyer doesn't download as many as the maximum permitted, the contributor gets a higher payment. Up to $4.95 if there's only one download and it's yours.

A good thing is that we'll see pretty quickly if buyers are downloading their maximum allowances from the payments we receive. I know that with iStock's subs plan I didn't get anything but the minimum (or if I did it was a very small difference such that I never noticed it).

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29 »
How do we know what have been sold as subscription sales?

At the moment I can't see anywhere in Veer that such information is displayed.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33 »
How do we know what have been sold as subscription sales?

At the moment I can't see anywhere in Veer that such information is displayed.

never had a sub sale but gotta be in the same place like other sales but as sub on Sales Type

http://contributor.veer.com/dashboard/stats

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 16:25 »
One thing not mentioned in the comparison of payouts is the likely scenario where someone doesn't download anything on a given day (like weekends). Also the theoretical maximum payout for SS should include .03 for referral. I am more concerned with the minimum, since that is sadly more likely. I agree it will be interesting to see what one actually gets for sub sales here.

Will sub sales be reported the next day or at the end of the month or when? Has anyone gotten one yet?

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 19:41 »
Will sub sales be reported the next day or at the end of the month or when? Has anyone gotten one yet?

Hi pancaketom,

Sales will show up daily. We've added a few frequently asked questions regarding subscription to the site. This one addresses your inquiry: http://www.veer.com/more/contributor/faq/royalties-payments/why-do-all-the-royalties-i-earn-from-subscription-sales-seem-to-show-up-at-the-same-time-in-my-dashboard/.

And yes, subscription sales will show up on your regular dashboard. Instead of "Standard," the sales type will read "Subscription."

Chelsey

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 20:19 »
Thanks for answering my questions. Once again I would like to thank you for coming on here and doing so.

--=Tom

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14 »
... Has anyone gotten one yet?

When I checked Veer this morning, I saw my first subscription sale - Tuesday, for 83 cents. I'd prefer a credit sale, but for subs, 83 cents is pretty decent :)

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 02:18 »
... Has anyone gotten one yet?

When I checked Veer this morning, I saw my first subscription sale - Tuesday, for 83 cents. I'd prefer a credit sale, but for subs, 83 cents is pretty decent :)

I had my first subscription sale this morning for 2,48$. Not bad for a sub

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 20:24 »
Late last week I had my second sub sale - this one for 25 cents. There were other credit sales so the overall return is still good, but the concern I had when subs were introduced was that the bulk of them would be at the minimum, not the higher numbers emphasized by Veer personnel.

We need to give it a few months to see, but will definitely be watching the subs numbers closely...

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 23:26 »
To me veer is a reputed company that it seems that it gives back to contributors.

As it is the sites who had more extended license, it seems the site buyers are in professional area that are willing to pay the right price if they have to. There are many sites who virtually no extended license are purchased, even if the buyers need one.

I always try to give the best stuff to veer, however the review time is like 1 month.. Hope it is something that can be improved.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 01:31 »
Yesterday had another (my third) subscription at Veer - 25 cents.

That's two at 25 cents, one at 83 for an average of 44 cents. Not terrible, but nothing to get excited about.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 05:44 »
No subs here but some ELs since they started it, and credit sales. The usual amount, barely making monthly payout.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 14:28 »
only 1 for 25 cents

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 13:20 »
I got my first 2 subs sales at veer, both for .83 - so presumably the buyer got 6 images of which 2 were mine. So far so good.

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 13:37 »
I got my first 2 sub dl's; both a whopping .25c :/

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 18:46 »
Perhaps the need to feed the subscriptions is the reason Veer was cleaning out the month-long backlog of the queue today. Up until today I thought their reviewing was fair, if slow. After today, I am going to take a loooong break before I upload anything there again - it'll take me that long to calm down.

Their similars policy makes DT look generous. They would apparently rather have no shots (I'm exaggerating; very, very few) of Turks & Caicos or Grand Cayman beaches - mine were too editorial or lacked production values. I had one series of four shots of a suburban home spring/summer/winter/fall - all but one got rejected because they only take the best from a series. From a series of people shots they rejected the ones (similars) that had sold best elsewhere.

I think I need to go and eat a cookie :(

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 19:49 »
yes some weird rejections from time to time

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 20:43 »
They haven't reviewed my month old backlog yet, but I suppose I should be glad 'til Atilla the reviewer takes a break. I always wonder about when they take one image of a set that really should be together (like the 4 seasons, or all the typewriter keys or other alphabets etc. etc.). I suppose in the long run it means that each library of images is different, but I still think most buyers only look at a one or a few libraries to find their images.

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37 »
I haven't made a sale since the end of october placing them solidly at the bottom.