MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Cutting off their nose  (Read 7586 times)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« on: December 06, 2011, 13:13 »
It's now well over a year since I've been banned from iStock forums for telling uncomfortable truths.

However, as they're so buggy, from time to time, I'm able to post.

So about a month ago, I posted about two bugs. These posts were deleted, and in each case, a day or two later, the bugs were reported again. In the last couple of days, I posted a request for a keyword (there would be no point in me uploading a photo without that keyword, as it already has four unrelated DAs in other languages) and a note of a necessary - and constantly repeating - batch wiki.

I'm just uploading an image, and noticed a mistake (mis-spelling) in a DA of an important keyword. I was just about to post a note in the keywording forum about it when I noticed that my two most recent posts have also been deleted.

What on earth is the point of that?
Why do I even bother?

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 13:26 »
I don't know why you bother.  I only visit the istock site now to cash out or to see if they have fixed the stats debacle.  I have no motivation to upload or worry about anything else there.  I used to do lots, like managing lightboxes and looking at the forums but there's lots of better things I can do with my time.

If I was exclusive, I would be building up RM portfolios elsewhere and looking at other options to sell that istock allow.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 14:13 »
Why are you keeping the crown?

KB

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 14:54 »
I'm just uploading an image, and noticed a mistake (mis-spelling) in a DA of an important keyword. I was just about to post a note in the keywording forum about it when I noticed that my two most recent posts have also been deleted.

Why do I even bother?
You shouldn't bother.

It seems pretty obvious that Lobo has a personal vendetta against you, and whatever you post will be deleted, regardless of how helpful or useful it might be. You can't mess with The Lobo.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 15:36 »
That's petty and childish, even more so when the deleted posts only relate to site business like adding keywords.

With the bugs, they say they'll delete posts that duplicate bugs already posted, but if yours were duplicates, that doesn't explain why someone else had to post them later on. IOW it's hard to see how this could be coincidence and unrelated to your banning.

My only suggestion is that you deal with bugs, keyword requests via site mail, which is what I do, but as they've banned you from that too, I guess a support ticket is your only option. What a sad state of affairs - woo yay :)

lagereek

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 15:52 »

Why do I even bother?
You shouldn't bother.

It seems pretty obvious that Lobo has a personal vendetta against you, and whatever you post will be deleted, regardless of how helpful or useful it might be. You can't mess with The Lobo.

True actually. I know some angry people who are digging into his past. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 18:12 »
All I can say is they are very talented at running off contributors as well as buyer's. That's about all they know how to do any more. I deleted the biggest majority of my port there last September and have never uploaded since and as soon as I reach payout again I'm deleting the rest of my port. Both Dreamstime and Shutterstock are now making me more than iStock. iStock isn't even worth the trouble any more so I'm moving on.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 19:14 »

Why do I even bother?
You shouldn't bother.

True actually. I know some angry people who are digging into his past. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

You mean like a background check? I agree that the guy is a douche but what good can this possibly do?

helix7

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 20:32 »

Gotta wonder what they guy's resume looks like. Does he have previous experience as an angry internet forum moderator?

:)

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 21:47 »
I was just about to post a note in the keywording forum about it when I noticed that my two most recent posts have also been deleted.
Why do I even bother?
Is this a rhetoric question or are you really a masochist?  ;)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 22:05 »
I was just about to post a note in the keywording forum about it when I noticed that my two most recent posts have also been deleted.
Why do I even bother?
Is this a rhetoric question or are you really a masochist?  ;)
Good question!

SNP

• Canadian Photographer
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 22:06 »

Why do I even bother?
You shouldn't bother.

I'm not defending the sarcasm that Lobo dishes out in the forum. contributors shouldn't be treated like children and his sarcasm is often unprovoked--but if contributors act like jerks, they deserve whatever he dishes IMO. your comment is as petty, and bullyish as anything you're accusing Lobo of. digging into his past? give me a break. what's that supposed to be, a threat? don't these friends of yours have anything better to do...like, say....work?

antistock

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 23:32 »
You can't mess with The Lobo.

it's so pathetic, i've never seen such an unprofessional thing in a corporation like having childish flame wars stirred up by the mods themselves.
from the outside it just gives the idea of being a fly by night operation  rather than a multimillion dollar enterprise.

i've been banned by their forum after just 4-5 messages by the way and i'm proud of it.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 00:04 »
In comparison, the liberty given to those in the ss forum is good. There is a lot of criticism and negative posts there, no skin off Shutterstock's nose though.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 00:40 »
It's now well over a year since I've been banned from iStock forums for telling uncomfortable truths.

So about a month ago, I posted about two bugs. These posts were deleted, and in each case, a day or two later, the bugs were reported again. In the last couple of days, I posted a request for a keyword (there would be no point in me uploading a photo without that keyword, as it already has four unrelated DAs in other languages) and a note of a necessary - and constantly repeating - batch wiki.

Why do I even bother?

This is the saddest part i hear about IS.. why to ban someone for telly some truth... even one of my friends has been facing such problem. This is well proved that a community/society or whatever.. closed to new thoughts and people,more over deleting useful truth from their community never goes up,infact goes down.. (as IS going now)  instead of banning and removing views or suggestion from you or other people like you,if IS had considered them and tried to improve itself then it would have been much more better to it and people's opinion would have been different than today.. as we can see how many contributors are unsatisfied of IS.

antistock

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 00:46 »
the sad thing is these guys will never learn or acknowledge THEY are the problem !

i've seen the same sh-it in many other companies.

they will blame the euro, the dollar, the bad economy, and finally the contributors too !

never ever they will blame themselves ! they still think to be the king of the hill, no matter if SS is kicking their a-ss and contributors are leaving in droves, they're probably not even aware of that.

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 00:52 »
the sad thing is these guys will never learn or acknowledge THEY are the problem !

i've seen the same sh-it in many other companies.

they will blame the euro, the dollar, the bad economy, and finally the contributors too !

never ever they will blame themselves ! they still think to be the king of the hill, no matter if SS is kicking their a-ss and contributors are leaving in droves, they're probably not even aware of that.
Truly said..!

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 03:05 »

Why do I even bother?

From my point of view drop exclusivity..... IS is not even close what once was.

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01 »
SS was wise to have a submitters' forum, where suppliers can burble among themselves largely isolated from the public and buyers. That allows problems to be discussed without affecting the wider image of the company.

Anyone can see IS forums, can't they? Which is probably why they want to sanitise them.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45 »
SS was wise to have a submitters' forum, where suppliers can burble among themselves largely isolated from the public and buyers. That allows problems to be discussed without affecting the wider image of the company.

Anyone can see IS forums, can't they? Which is probably why they want to sanitise them.

some forums are only open to certain people.  For example, there is an exclusives-only forum and a getty-only forum that are only accessible for people who are in those categories.  I believe inspectors also have their own forum.  So it could be set so that if you are a buyer only that you cannot see the contributor-related forums. So they could set it up that way if they want but have chosen not to do that.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 21:09 »

Why do I even bother?

If you are banned why do you go back and post notes.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 01:28 »

Shutterstock's forums are also open to the public and google picks up content in the discussions that can be accessed by anyone. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=shutterstock%2C+%22Bugs+%2F+Glitches%22&q=shutterstock%2C+%22Bugs+%2F+Glitches%22%2C+missing

lagereek

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 05:18 »
Sue!  I dont get it?  theres hardly any monies there left to be made,  youre banned from the forum, they dont listen to you, any postings, not to their likings are locked.
So why do you stay exclusive?  I can think of better things to do :)