MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Dropping exclusivity  (Read 4700 times)

« on: December 10, 2011, 15:43 »
Hi all,

Just a quick question for those who were at one pint exclusive and are no longer.
I understand the six month minimum exclusive period. Can I send a 30 day notice of termination out after 5 months of exclusivity, in that way I'll be able to end exclusivity after the 6th month?
Do I just send them an email giving them the 30 day notice and then tell them when my last exclusive day will be?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 15:53 »
As Shutterstock recently mentioned: Don't forget to sign up with other agencies NOW not when you're exclusivity is over.

At Shutterstock you can even upload and have image approved but they won't be put on sale until you activate your portfolio. Very handy feature.

I can't help you though with the exclusivity details at DT though... Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 16:04 »
As Shutterstock recently mentioned: Don't forget to sign up with other agencies NOW not when you're exclusivity is over.

At Shutterstock you can even upload and have image approved but they won't be put on sale until you activate your portfolio. Very handy feature.

I can't help you though with the exclusivity details at DT though... Good luck!

This is what I am doing. Shutterstock has a good idea with this. I've been waiting for a week now for the id verification though... I guess they must have some backlog...

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:56 »
You can just send an e-mail and they switch your account over in a month.  I can't answer the question definitively about whether you can make the 30 days notice part of the 6 months timeline...  But the way it reads:

"...an Exclusive Contributor may terminate their status as an Exclusive Contributor with thirty (30) days prior written notice to Dreamstime.com. If an Exclusive Contributor terminates this Agreement prior to the passage of six (6) months, Dreamstime.com reserves the right to..."

I would say if you are giving 30 days notice to terminate, then you haven't actually terminated prior to the 30 days being up...  I would want to clarify with their support, though, as you stand to lose all the exclusive earnings and upload bonuses if you get it wrong.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 16:58 »
You can just send an e-mail and they switch your account over in a month.  I can't answer the question definitively about whether you can make the 30 days notice part of the 6 months timeline...  But the way it reads:

"...an Exclusive Contributor may terminate their status as an Exclusive Contributor with thirty (30) days prior written notice to Dreamstime.com. If an Exclusive Contributor terminates this Agreement prior to the passage of six (6) months, Dreamstime.com reserves the right to..."

I would say if you are giving 30 days notice to terminate, then you haven't actually terminated prior to the 30 days being up...  I would want to clarify with their support, though, as you stand to lose all the exclusive earnings and upload bonuses if you get it wrong.

Thanks, I'm going to clarify when I send them the email. Your explanation makes sense as well...

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 13:40 »
that is what I will do..I am exclusive with DT, but want to try the SS test and see if they accept me. I can keep the images on hold if accepted!