pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Never though this would happen...  (Read 4557 times)

« on: March 22, 2007, 18:27 »
Ialways thought SS would be my main stock agency $$ wise but for the 1st time this March IStock just blew SS out of the water and the month isn't done yet.

I'm very surprised to say the least sine I have roughly 500 images LESS on IS than SS. I think it has to do with the fact that SS give priority to the newest images in their search engine.

And ith IS's weekly limit have have roughly 300 images backlogged so I keep uploading the best of the bunch all the time so that must help as well.

My IS income in March will be roughly 30% higher than SS this month. WOW!  :D

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 20:29 »
not here dude. IS still dead as a nail head on a coffin lid for me.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 08:04 »
Yup nearly triple the payout from IS this month compared to SS, frankly SS sucks big time for me, having to continuously upload doesn't work well when you aren't a full time photographer.

vicu

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:39 »
not here dude. IS still dead as a nail head on a coffin lid for me.

You only have 40 images in your portfolio there. While many of them are very nice shots, there are several angles of the same shots, and the concepts are not unique (meaning that there are many similar images in competition). Fruit on a white background is a flooded market, and when the background is not completely blown out, it limits the designer somewhat if they wanted an isolated looking fruit. They could download yours and spend the time to isolate it themself, or they could just download one of the other hundreds of "fruit on a white background" shots where the background is actually white.

Even though I have the sporadic crappy day, I have set a new record months every month. I have very small portfolio, relatively speaking, at less than 150... but I try to come up with unique concepts for the images I do upload, and therefore have a pretty high DL/img rate.

Work on building up variety in your portfolio. Think of a new take on an old theme. I've seen some people who mold their portfolio by copying the most popular list. Unfortunately that will only get you so far. Consider what the competition will be if there are thousands of others doing the same thing. Shoot what you enjoy and hone your skills to make your images stand out in the flood of others.

IS can be a very profitable site. Don't give up; you haven't given it enough effort yet.

Good luck!! :)

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:17 »
IS has been pretty consistent for me too. They seem to have a healthy number of clients.

cheers.