MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Any non-exclusive high selling stock photographer here do travel photography?  (Read 6135 times)

« on: December 17, 2011, 15:15 »
My question is for those that do, how much do you sell in Shutterstock and Dreamstime?

Do you have many images that sell at least 10 times a month?

Do you have images that sell more than 20 downloads a month?  If so, how high?

And travel photography may also include city photography, which is more specifically what I do, like city skylines and architecture.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 17:49 by Skylinehunter »

WarrenPrice

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 15:30 »
Define "High-Selling."   :P

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 16:47 »
Looking for a new vacation destination?

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 17:08 »
reading your previous posts/topics you were non-exclusive, now exclusive, if you want real answers you need to get back and see how it goes again for you but if it wasnt good before dont believe it will be now, not saying that agencies are more picky but sure a little are.. you were independent in 2008?

I dont think you will have a RPI of 3$ staying with the top5 agencies unless your 500 files are really sweet :D

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 17:15 »
I think you would be able to answer your own question with only a little research of your own.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 17:48 »
My question is for those that do, how much do you sell in Shutterstock and Dreamstime?

... and also please can you PM me links to those images so that I can copy them gain inspiration from your work.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 19:38 »

... and also please can you PM me links to those images so that I can copy them gain inspiration from your work.

dreamstime links are preferrable because of the geo tagging I can be inspired by them so much easier.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 19:55 »

dreamstime links are preferrable because of the geo tagging I can be inspired by them so much easier.

one of the coolest features ever LOL

RacePhoto

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 19:55 »

And travel photography may also include city photography, which is more specifically what I do, like city skylines and architecture.

Have a link to your work? I honestly do not copy or get replica inspired, I just like to see what people sell and what gets approved. I want to hit the road after next year and do travel and scenic.

I also hesitate to flop over what little I know for someone unidentified and unlinked.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 20:03 »

Have a link to your work? I honestly do not copy or get replica inspired, I just like to see what people sell and what gets approved. I want to hit the road after next year and do travel and scenic.

I also hesitate to flop over what little I know for someone unidentified and unlinked.

exactly, not to mention only 13 posts, 3 topics created and minimal information shared :D

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 21:05 »
Maybe, well it depends.
No, n/a.
Architecture and skylines of rural cities near sunset in Kansas sell very well. I suggest you specialize in that rare niche.

antistock

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 23:12 »
my impression is that sales in travel photography are in slow but constant decline both in RF and RM agencies.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 06:09 »
my impression is that sales in travel photography are in slow but constant decline both in RF and RM agencies.

Yeah, sites are awash with shots of popular destinations - try doing a search on "Santorini" - and don't sell much from places that aren't popular.

It used to be better when there was less competition.

Of course, if you have a unique vision and amazing PS skills you might still make a mark.