pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Are you getting sick and tired of only getting sub DLs as well? (printscr)  (Read 7209 times)

wut

« on: February 10, 2012, 19:58 »
This is unreal, especially when the revenue/DL is so low (subs on DT are at least decent, they can gain levels):

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 20:08 »
I'm not on DP but that looks almost identical to my FT sales.

wut

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 20:20 »
I never had so many subs on any site, not even in a short period of time, but last few weeks are really bad at DP. And I never really had much cr sales. OTOH, I'm getting more and more credit sales at FT, most of them are 5+ credits

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 20:33 »
Welcome to microstock.  SS is largely subs, DT is around 50-60%% subs. ft has a bunch of subs, PD is nearly all subs, how is that complaint any different from these other sites?

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 22:52 »
DP had, and I think still is offering, a free one week subscription, with up to 5 dls per day, of any size, and including vectors. These free subscriptions may account for a lot of the subs sales.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 22:54 »
DP had, and I think still is offering, a free one week subscription, with up to 5 dls per day, of any size, and including vectors. These free subscriptions may account for a lot of the subs sales.

Not really.  Subs seem to be the norm for PD, but  same cycles for everyone else.

lagereek

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:22 »
Dont agree at all!  I have plenty of higher sales combined with subs. Anyway what do you expect?  you join a site that sell subs, you gonna get subs, I wouldnt mind 100 sub sales per day, would you? ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 02:55 »
I'm having a reasonable mix of subs and ppd, also my subs are priced higher  ;D

wut

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 05:21 »
Welcome to microstock.  SS is largely subs, DT is around 50-60%% subs. ft has a bunch of subs, PD is nearly all subs, how is that complaint any different from these other sites?

Indeed, they are largely subs, but not all subs. 50-60% is not the same as 95% or so. I haven't gotten a single sub at PD yet :s . This complaint is also different from any of these sites in volume and a big difference in the earnings sum. For instance, I get more sales in a day at SS that I did at DP in Feb, I get payed more for subs and as you mentioned they account for only 50-60%. How's that for a difference. Since photos tell more than 1000 words, here's my last DLS from FT and DT, a difference that really catches the eye:

Dont agree at all!  I have plenty of higher sales combined with subs. Anyway what do you expect?  you join a site that sell subs, you gonna get subs, I wouldnt mind 100 sub sales per day, would you? ;)

Exactly, if the volume was good, I wouldn't mind at all (it still wouldn't be great though, at least if the sum wouldn't surpass at least a couple of top 4 sites)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:23 by wut »

lagereek

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12 »

Indeed, they are largely subs, but not all subs. 50-60% is not the same as 95% or so. I haven't gotten a single sub at PD yet :s . This complaint is also different from any of these sites in volume and a big difference in the earnings sum. For instance, I get more sales in a day at SS that I did at DP in Feb, I get payed more for subs and as you mentioned they account for only 50-60%. How's that for a difference. Since photos tell more than 1000 words, here's my last DLS from FT and DT, a difference that really catches the eye:

Exactly, if the volume was good, I wouldn't mind at all (it still wouldn't be great though, at least if the sum wouldn't surpass at least a couple of top 4 sites)

Hi there!  well you gotta go to work buddy,  shoot and shoot, upload and upload, no peace for the wicked, as they say. Get yourself a large bottle of Scotch, sip it gently and be creative, failing that you can always resort to Tea and buttered scones. :D

all the best.

wut

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 06:37 »
Hi there!  well you gotta go to work buddy,  shoot and shoot, upload and upload, no peace for the wicked, as they say. Get yourself a large bottle of Scotch, sip it gently and be creative, failing that you can always resort to Tea and buttered scones. :D

all the best.

I do realize that. But I prefer Gin&tonic ;) . What's your ratio of credit vs subs at DP? (I know you've mentioned you get a lot of large sized credit sales) . Perhaps my content is not suitable for credit buyers from what ever reason at DP (but it's weird it's at all other sites at least to a larger degree) or my content has been pushed into this free sub plans since it's relatively fresh (I've only been there less than half a year)

lagereek

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 07:23 »

all the best.

I do realize that. But I prefer Gin&tonic ;) . What's your ratio of credit vs subs at DP? (I know you've mentioned you get a lot of large sized credit sales) . Perhaps my content is not suitable for credit buyers from what ever reason at DP (but it's weird it's at all other sites at least to a larger degree) or my content has been pushed into this free sub plans since it's relatively fresh (I've only been there less than half a year)

Hi!

around 30/70,  a rough estimate.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 09:10 »
at this moment its impossible and far from accurate to compare DP with DT, FT, 123RF etc.. they can be there one day but at this point they are a "nice" small agency, actually they seem strong comparing to tons of other small agencies, I would love to see many small agencies doing whatever they are doing, so I dont see much to complain, BUT yes subs and more subs, last month had 80 sales for 30$
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:13 by luissantos84 »

lisafx

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 20:35 »
I get a lot of subs at DP too, but I get more for them, and the volume of sales is quite high for a new site.  Of all the small/new sites I am on, they seem to be selling the best, so I am quite happy with them. 

Of course I would love to have more PPD and fewer subs, but as already stated, most of the sites that offer subs get a lot of sub sales, at least for me.