MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: FT rejection  (Read 3265 times)

« on: March 24, 2007, 21:30 »
FT - where I seldom have a rejection - rejected the image below and its sibling for the following reason:
The object will not be easily isolated from the background.

The object must be captured on a bright seamless background. We recommend using a white, yellow, or black seamless background such as those used in a studio. Backgrounds that are complementary in color to the object also work well.

The image must be free of distracting shadows. It is necessary that the background be uniform in color and exposure. In addition the object must stand out against the background. Objects that are similar in color to the background are difficult to isolate and useless to Fotolia customers.

I don't know where the isolation idea came from.  It's not a keyword and in my description I say "Closeup view of melon and papaya slices and an apple in a white plate on a marble counter".  It's not supposed to be an isolation.  It's not suppose to be isolated by the designer.  It may be totally useless, but there is nothing about isolation there.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Adelaide

eendicott

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 21:45 »
Sounds to me like a canned response to cover many basis.  My interpretation would be that you need to clone out whatever the reflection is on the marble counter behind the plate of fruit.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 21:14 »
Yes, the eye is drawn straight to the reflection in the background.