MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: MSG PCEX 2012 - Postcard Exchange January 2012  (Read 96332 times)

RacePhoto

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 01:32 »
I'm just going off topic on the off topic. Note my meters. Someone said we could judge a person and their reputation, even anonymous, by their meters. I wanted to be the first with six. Click_Click had four before me, so I'm just an imitator, but, look now, because I'll get bored with being the village idiot of meters by Monday.  ;D Unfortunatly by 7AM this morning I had tired of making them and when I did the final GIF it changed the background colors. I gave up...

Rolex Daytona 24 hour race this weekend. Observers, safety team, crew, drivers, media and friends who aren't going down for the event, will be having a 24 hour watching party starting on Saturday afternoon and ending on Sunday. Just in case you get Speed TV and are looking for something to watch, mostly I'd say Sunday the last few hours when they do the 20 hour recap of the race and you can see what has happened so far to the finish.

The Rolex 24 is pretty much the All Star Game of motor racing. Teams are made, people who never race against each other and are in completely different types of racing, from around the world, all come together in one place. (OK it's not Le Mans, that's the King of them all) But because of the date and type of cars included, it's probably a broader spectrum of assorted drivers and teams? ALMS and LeMans teams, NASCAR, INDYCAR, GT3, and a variety of other kinds of drivers are competing with each other, once a year.

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 12:48 »
I just got mine sent out today.  Sorry for the slow action but at least they are on the way now. 

reckless

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 20:17 »
Got a very nice one today from Pixart. Very nice Lorraine.

RacePhoto

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 00:52 »

Oh that's who Lorraine is. Yes Pixart, glad to see you have a very twisted sense of humor, it was a wonderful concept card!

Should I show the one I didn't send?  :D

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 02:36 »
My postcards have been here for a few weeks. I hope to send them out in the next days - I've been sick the last two weeks. Sorry :(

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11 »
Mine are at the print shop, another week should get it to your mail!!

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 22:57 »
Thanks Reckless!  Not very experienced at that kind of thing so it's fun to finish something. I really enjoyed your musician also!  Mad skills!  Just lovely.

Race, glad your glad I have a twisted sense of humour. Yes!  Show the one you didn't send!

Haha, last year when I started to get cards that had so much thought put into them - I was shamed into writing up a message this year.

reckless

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 23:51 »

Thanks Reckless!  Not very experienced at that kind of thing so it's fun to finish something. I really enjoyed your musician also!  Mad skills!  Just lovely.
[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words but I must admit that I just followed a tutorial using a photo of a former Mrs. Reckless. I wouldn't be able to replicate it without finding the tutorial again. Yours involved much more work. I liked the attention to detail such as the pelican with the money. Too funny.

Ann, I used your previous link to Vistaprint. I hope they credited you with it. I have been so busy I may have looked the site over and returned to it later from my browsing history to order. I hope I ordered the first time to give you a referral.

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 17:33 »
2 more cards arrived!

So enjoyed Pixart's nefarious dancers AND her full-of-personality message  - and I'm not just saying that because she's a fellow "Nikon Girl":D 

Leaf - Wow, were you in a helicopter/plane when you took that?!

---------------------

reckless - When I saw your post, I checked my account, and - so exciting - I have $5 in VistaCash, and it's good until 1/5/2013. Thank you!

It will come in handy, especially since the MSG Postcard Exchange cards I mailed last night were virtually the last I have of that design.

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 03:55 »

the camera was attached to a kite .. like this - taken in a different shoot

Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) Flow Form 15 and 5D Mark II

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 17:31 »
I finally ordered mine this week! Took advantage of a 50% sale in a local e-store.

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 18:34 »
OMG I thought you we're joking until I saw the video. Fabulous! Has kite with camera ever taken a plunge?

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 12:07 »
My cards are going out today... finally!! ;)

Yes Leaf I was pretty impressed with that, it gives amazing shots! :)

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 12:15 »
And the news of the day....  Pixart's nefarious dancers are.... Dating! 

Awesome shot Leaf.  Cool setup.  Sure looks like home.

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49 »
OMG I thought you we're joking until I saw the video. Fabulous! Has kite with camera ever taken a plunge?

aha, well, now that you mention it, yes it has .. once, but only because of 'stupidity'

There wasn't a wind and I really wanted a shot (of horses chasing cows) so I was towing the kite behind the car.  I was by myself so I was driving and holding onto the kite through the window in the drivers seat.. I didn't realize that the kite had taken a swoop towards the ground (I had 2 kites attached to the line which probably caused the problems - also a big mistake).. so it crash landed, dragged my 5D MII with a 16-35 f/2.8 lens down the gravel road a bit and eventually into the ditch.  Everything came out fine though :) .. amazingly enough -   The lens has a very little scratch on the glass but it doesn't show in the images.

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 20:52 »
Got pixart's (so creative!) and Leaf's today. I would never let a camera like that fly in a kite! :)

And I don't think I'll reach you, Leaf! :D I have been posting much less frequently, since microstock has almost become something of the past...

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 16:19 »
aha, well, now that you mention it, yes it has .. once, but only because of 'stupidity'

There wasn't a wind and I really wanted a shot (of horses chasing cows) so I was towing the kite behind the car.  I was by myself so I was driving and holding onto the kite through the window in the drivers seat.. I didn't realize that the kite had taken a swoop towards the ground (I had 2 kites attached to the line which probably caused the problems - also a big mistake).. so it crash landed, dragged my 5D MII with a 16-35 f/2.8 lens down the gravel road a bit and eventually into the ditch.  Everything came out fine though :) .. amazingly enough -   The lens has a very little scratch on the glass but it doesn't show in the images.

HAHA (funny to read but must not be funny to experience).... Amazingly creative hehe, you must get pretty nice shots with that, even tho it's a bit risky :)

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 19:58 »
Go ann's today. :)

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 04:12 »

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 16:42 »
Morphart's angel arrived today. Awwwwwwwww! 

(BTW, name your wife liked is my middle name, so another coincidence, LOL)

RacePhoto

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 17:28 »

Oh good, that means I'll be getting a card tomorrow. I saw a nice picture of NY on Valerie's refrigerator when I was visiting. She's running out of magnets. (bought a bag full at an estate sale, problem solved) Also the kite shot was there. Thanks everyone who sent the extra card. Maybe next time I'll do one of hers, or a twofer. Gave her a 590IS for Christmas last year. I loan her my 20D with a 70-200, at the races sometimes, she's my assistant.

(camera balancing on a rock... self timer... Lake Tahoe scenic overlook)

reckless

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2012, 19:01 »
I wonder if everyone on the list received my card. Being unfamiliar with addressing conventions of other countries, I worry that I didn't get them all on properly. If anyone didn't get one, let me know and I will send a replacement.

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 22:39 »

Haha! Yet another coincidence, starting to make many!

I loved your card, the effect, the shot and the overall look is breathtaking, great card!! :)

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2012, 23:49 »
Morphart - sitting here with a big smile, thanks to your very kind words - thank you :D

lovely Lake Tahoe photo of you & Valerie, RacePhoto!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 23:51 by ann »

RacePhoto

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 00:21 »
Morphart - sitting here with a big smile, thanks to your very kind words - thank you :D

lovely Lake Tahoe photo of you & Valerie, RacePhoto!

Thanks, kind of funny, because it's taken with film! LOL I had the Mavica by then, but 640x480 was pretty weak.

At least people will know that when I say something about Valerie it's not my "imaginary friend".  ;)