MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Image Company Uploading Thousands of Images to MicroStocks???  (Read 5458 times)

« on: May 02, 2006, 18:12 »
I just read a forum thread on Dreamstime that spoke about a company (called WizData) that is uploading thousands upon thousands of images.

I have found them on iStock as well.  I wonder how many other sites they are on, and if this is going to become a future issue with other photo companies joining the fray.

Here is the thread:

http://www.dreamstime.com/thread_3871

Greg Boiarsky

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 20:22 »
I googled them--they're on ALL the reputable microstock sites.  I think that they should be banned.  I don't care how much wizdata makes for the microstock owners; wizdata's business practices are unethical, which I can't abide.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 01:53 »
i know i have seen them on shutterstock as well.  I am not sure what the problem is though.  It is just someone who said, if you guys send me your images, I will upload them for you to all these other sites.. just like an agent at the macro sites.  So, if you want to list with them and not upload to 13 sites yourself then you can, if you want to upload yourself and get 100% of the income you can.

I think they are in asia so perhaps a number of people who either don't have the internet connection, or can't speak english well enough to keyword/list their own images use them.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:58 »
I think this is worring for the individual microstocker but nothing we can do about it.

I think because of this type of activity we will see upload restrictions imposed and approval ratings linked to these.  this will stop bulk uploading, especially with no review of the indivdual image.  It might alos be the end of ftp upload to make it harder for bulk upload.  However, thinking about it, the microstock agency doesn't care, as long as they get good photos so maybe nothing will change except a tighter control on acceptance ratios.

The important thing is to ensure you do not sign up to an account where the compnay pays you a flat fee and then has the right to do with that image as they please - I think one was mentioned on here before.  ie. you sell your photo to them for say $5 and then they go and put it onto every microstock agency.

Hopefully I manage to get a payout from my sites before sales get swamped and it is no long worth my while.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:05 »
wizdata has been on the micrso for quite a while now.  I don't think anything is going to change.  It is no different than 30 or 100 submitters.  Those 30 people could sign up, or they all could sign up under one person.

I read a thread on the shutterstock forum that they would not change the unlimited upload system.  They made a special deal with wizdata to accept their images (usually they don't accept people submitting others images).