MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: 2012 Goals for Mostphotos  (Read 3975 times)

THP Creative

• THP Creative

« on: January 24, 2012, 23:12 »
Recently Arian, the Mostphotos CEO posted on their forums an official statement about what they acheived in 2011, and where they are going in 2012.

I have written up a blog post on it, but in summary here is what he said (copied from my blog)...

Recently the Mostphotos CEO Arian Bahrami wrote a forum post detailing the direction for the company for 2012. This was a most welcome update, with many contributors becoming a little frustrated at the lack of sales and news on updates. I have been a contributor to Mostphotos for a couple of years and have seen some significant and welcome changes. As an agency they do seem to be interested in growing and keeping fresh, so any news on coming developments can be taken seriously. In short, he outlined the following things:

Mostphotos Update 2011 Achievements

Improved online customer shopping experience
    Localisation improvements
    An image request feature
    Organisation support and collections

Mostphotos Update 2012 Goals

Implementing a vastly improved search system with some unique filtering options
    Target the Scandinavian market more fully
    Focus on the contributor experience and interface with new, interesting and useful features
    Push their monthly bundles, as this has been their major selling point

Full post can be read here http://www.microstockman.com/mostphotos-update/

What do you guys think - is there much reason to focus on the contributor side of things if sales are lacking? Where should they be putting their efforts?

velocicarpo

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 23:25 »
Thanks for the great post. I really would like to see them succeed, but what I just read is nothing earth shaking...I think they move too slow or are simply lacking capital.

However, I love the new design invented last year and they continue to improve. Lets hope for the best....

THP Creative

• THP Creative

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 00:55 »
Thanks velocicarpo :)

Yeah I agree with what you said. It sounds nice, and I'm still sticking with them, but I seriously think more should be done on marketing rather than making a snazzier contributor portal. The current one is sufficient for now.

Also a little worried about just pushing the subscription bundles. So far my returns from sub sales have been VERY low in general.