MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Arcurs Bootcamp video  (Read 17551 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 23:12 »
Attending this bootcamp will pretty much give a huge boost to any photographers resume and will give him/her an advantage to stand out in the crowded field. Win win for both parties IMO.

Resume? Who for? What 'employment' might they gain learning stock photography with Yuri? Work as a image reveiwer for pennies at SS?

Excuse my ignorance as im not a photographer, but aren't there plenty of jobs/contracts outside of microstock? Couldn't a photographer land a gig working at some sort of agency or landing some commercial jobs based on his portfolio and resume of works on his bio page of his website? 'employment' is more than a fulltime job and im sure its more about who you know than how much even in the photography field if you had roughly the same amount of talent and hard work.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 04:19 »
Attending this bootcamp will pretty much give a huge boost to any photographers resume and will give him/her an advantage to stand out in the crowded field. Win win for both parties IMO.

Resume? Who for? What 'employment' might they gain learning stock photography with Yuri? Work as a image reveiwer for pennies at SS?

I don't think it'll hurt your resume, that's for sure!  ;)
It's never bad to expand your knowledge and learn new stuff, and there is no doubt that Yuri is doing well, so what they will learn will definitely be useful for them if they want to do stock.   :D

antistock

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 04:44 »
where exatcly are these jobs ? the serious one are found only by "word of mouth" and networking.

anything else is usually about enslaved and low-paid "photo assistants", see Craigslist etc...

i don't know if Yuri is a famous brand in the advertising world but i bet he's not and they would not put too much weight in you having been one of his students.

besides, the reputation of microstock in the industry is quite bad, some even don't consider microstockers as real photographers and others dismiss stock at all, no matter if you're with getty RM or what, it's a very eletist and difficult market outside of stock.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 14:18 »
Hi Yuri,

Good for you mate, take it to the next level.

Cheers,
Jonathan

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 17:32 »
Fantastic opportunity indeed