pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: SS review time over 4 days?  (Read 18998 times)

Batman

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 16:24 »
What's going on there? I've been waiting for a review of my latest batch for 4 days now.

I cannot even remember the times when SS took that long for reviews.

Anyone experience the same?

97,513 new stock photos added this week

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 00:45 »
Again.... this Mo i had the last image bunch review ( after waiting 8 days ) now are 5 days.... and nothing. what is happening there????

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 14:35 »
my images have been reviewed in normal, reasonable time - but ALL editorial images are now being rejected as 'bad composition', meaning they cant be resubmitted - seems like this is one way to avoid making their reviewers actually read their description of editorial - previously they would bulk reject anything that wasn't 'newsworthy, even though their descriptiob EXPLICITLY says not all editoruial is newsworthy

meanwhile, previouslty accepted editorial images [from over a year ago] continue to sell on SS, so i guess i should be glad SS is banning my competition!

s

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27 »
Do any of you still suffer from long review period..?  my 6 images (1 batch) are pending even after 6 days...

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 12:33 »
Yes, review time is a bit longer than usual for me as well currently

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 12:50 »
oh.. so do you keep on submitting new images even with a  pending batch or you 1st wait for one pending batch to pass before submitting another ?

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 12:51 »
My last two batches were reviewed a few hours after I submitted them.  The batch before that took 2 days.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 13:51 »
oh.. so do you keep on submitting new images even with a  pending batch or you 1st wait for one pending batch to pass before submitting another ?

It doesn't matter how many batches, but I try not to have too many images pending at any given time. My impression is that rejection rate is higher with too many (>50) pictures in queue. Not sure if it's real or just an impression.

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 15:04 »
You think 3 days is long ... what about Rodeo.fi then :  I submitted a large batch in december, and it's not on-line yet!

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 21:14 »

It doesn't matter how many batches, but I try not to have too many images pending at any given time. My impression is that rejection rate is higher with too many (>50) pictures in queue. Not sure if it's real or just an impression.
And some time my large batch is accepted with less (<10%) rejection and some time more (even 80% for one batch). So i believe its on which editor you are getting. Though now i avoid large batches. Though i have no idea about sending another batch when there is already one in a queue. But Thanks for your advice.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 21:21 »
You think 3 days is long ... what about Rodeo.fi then :  I submitted a large batch in december, and it's not on-line yet!
Strange. What did their support say about this ? (did you contact then ?)
my last batch also did not appear online after its acceptance. I contacted their support and they came online. Dunno if it was because i contacted support but he told me that still there is some bug and they are trying best to remove it.

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 01:38 »
Yes, I got the same answer, but they're still not on-line (since December).  Many of them are Spring and Easter images, so I suppose I can count these as lost ...

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 02:16 »
Yes, I got the same answer, but they're still not on-line (since December).  Many of them are Spring and Easter images, so I suppose I can count these as lost ...

Oh thats really a bad news i heard about ss till date. I think you must keep on mailing them if that batch is really big with the images you think can sale well. Or else send the same batch again with a note to editor...!

RacePhoto

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 00:02 »
What's going on there? I've been waiting for a review of my latest batch for 4 days now.

74,625 new stock photos added this week seems to be a reason why reviews are slower than they used to be. 10,500 new images a day!

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 14:52 »

74,625 new stock photos added this week seems to be a reason why reviews are slower than they used to be. 10,500 new images a day!

Amazing.  This makes entering microstock much more difficult for new contributors and drives up the competition for everyone.  When I entered MS 5-6 years ago, it was easy to grow sales compared to today.  Now I have to add 300-400 good images to get a $100 a month gain.  That's a lot of work.

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 18:56 »
Prediction: The queue at SS will soon shrink the the waiting time will decrease.
Reason: SS has hired new reviewers.
Evidence: Last week I submitted 4 vectors to SS. It took twice as long as usual for them to be reviewed but 3 were rejected, all for incorrect reasons.

I'll resubmit them later and they will probably be accepted. If not, I will stop submitting at SS until they straighten things out. This has happened before. When these periods of bad reviews happen, it costs me money, and it costs SS more than it costs me.

Why can't SS train its new reviewers properly?

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 19:12 »
Prediction: The queue at SS will soon shrink the the waiting time will decrease.
Reason: SS has hired new reviewers.
Evidence: Last week I submitted 4 vectors to SS. It took twice as long as usual for them to be reviewed but 3 were rejected, all for incorrect reasons.

I'll resubmit them later and they will probably be accepted. If not, I will stop submitting at SS until they straighten things out. This has happened before. When these periods of bad reviews happen, it costs me money, and it costs SS more than it costs me.

Why can't SS train its new reviewers properly?

Do we even know they have new reviewers?

RacePhoto

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 13:36 »
Forgot to add this simple message:

"Thank you for contacting Shutterstock support regarding your uploaded images.

Image uploads are reviewed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern
Standard Time. It is typical for image reviews to take 3 business days to be
reviewed. However, during times of increased submissions traffic, the
reviewing process time may take up to 10 days. We appreciate your patience
while we process your image and/or footage submissions."

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 17:19 »

so unsual in SS but latest month(s) is just insane..

RacePhoto

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 21:47 »

so unsual in SS but latest month(s) is just insane..

Not defending, just pointing out it's official now, not two days anymore. Those who get the short reviews are lucky, the rest of us are becoming normal. The part that surprised me was the 9 to 5 weekdays part. I thought outside reviewers worked when they could, on their own schedule. This seems kind of odd? No weekend review?

It would be very interesting to get an official confirmation as this quote comes from the SS forums.

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 21:49 »
meanwhile i see a constant rise in sale in IS for last few months though adding far lesser files.

suwanneeredhead

• O.I.D. Sufferer (Obsessive Illustration Disorder)
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 21:56 »
meanwhile i see a constant rise in sale in IS for last few months though adding far lesser files.

I have the exact opposite issue. I used to make payout every month at IStock, haven't seen that in a year. My sales decline constantly there. My Shutterstock sales are taking off like crazy now.

Whereas it is my theory that 1) the Shutterstock backup is caused by everyone jumping ship at IS and flooding the SS queues, and 2) they have not hired new reviewers, that's why there's a backup.

Cowboy up there, cupcake, and handle the long review time.

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 22:10 »
its not that i have no sale at SS. I am still getting higher there but this month seems to be different. I just saw that i am earning a major portion from my oldest files in IS. Whereas in SS i am selling mostly new contents and just few sales here and there from old content. I would be much happier to see selling older contents and usual review period in SS.

velocicarpo

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2012, 22:28 »
They seem to have outsourced or at least restructured radically their review process. Longer review times are now part of the game and makes it unpredictable when the images go through. My longest wait so far was 6 days.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2012, 05:55 »
Almost 9 days and still waiting to be reviewed ....... What happened whit the reviewers on SS?

9 days is my personal best :(