pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Canon 5DX  (Read 33668 times)

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 12:40 »
I'll be shocked if they don't have more than 22mp.
I can't see how they can noticeably improve the IQ much, it's already very good.  Some extra mp's to allow more cropping would be a big improvement.
Prepare to be shocked, then. Canon Rumors assigned it [CR3]; they're never wrong on those.

What's missing from those specs is details.  Maybe they can't improve IQ much, but what about IQ at higher ISOs? What if they can make ISO 1600 as noise-free as ISO 200 is now? Or ISO 6400 as good as 1600 is? Maybe there's better weather sealing or (oh, I wish!) a better dust removal system. (Sure those are not worth $3500 by themselves, but the more improvements, the more worthwhile it becomes.)

But the 22MP number (I read somewhere) was aimed specifically at video. So I expect most of the improvements will be on the video side. Reducing or eliminating moire and the jello effect, and adding features that I can't even guess at (zebra stripes? 1080p 60fps? 4:2:2?).  We'll know soon enough.
There's also talk of a 45mp camera and that Canon will quickly look at the new Nikon and come up with something a bit better.

While a lot of people want more FPS and faster auto focus, I would be much more interested in a stripped down camera that wasn't so heavy to carry around all day.  I only use manual and aperture priority, don't need all the gimmicks.  Can't remember ever using ISO past 3200.  I don't really see why digital full frame cameras are so much bulkier than some of the 35mm film cameras I used to use.  Hopefully a manufacturer will make a lightweight full frame camera with an EVF one day.

There is such a camera on the market.... Leica M9 :).... maybe the price of the camera anser your question regarding a lightweight full frame camera.

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 14:33 »
There is such a camera on the market.... Leica M9 :).... maybe the price of the camera answer your question regarding a lightweight full frame camera.

The M9 doesn't have an EVF, does it ?

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 14:51 »
There is such a camera on the market.... Leica M9 :).... maybe the price of the camera answer your question regarding a lightweight full frame camera.

Of course not, it's a rangefinder.

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 15:58 »

Of course not, it's a rangefinder.

.... :).... i meant compact, full frame digital camera with high IQ

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 18:07 »
I would like a Leica M9 but the price tag puts me off.  I'm sure the other manufacturers can make a full frame camera that's not bulky for a more reasonable price.

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 18:10 »
I would like a Leica M9 but the price tag puts me off.  I'm sure the other manufacturers can make a full frame camera that's not bulky for a more reasonable price.

Would be nice if Canon reached into the parts bin and used the old 21MP sensor one more time but in a range finder.

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 00:46 »
Hmmm, thats a lot of money for increased AF and FPS. Don't get me wrong i'd love both of those, the AF on my Mark II is poor and I miss focus quite a bit at the bigger apertures, i'd also like to be able to shoot some faster action with better focus. But that's a lot of money. I guess it comes down to seeing the image quality versus the Mark II.

lagereek

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 02:07 »

Funny this. I simply loved the Leica and Mamiya7, rangefinder system in the film cameras but in the digital, I just cant come to grips with rangefinders, dont know why? somehow it just doesnt feel the same and dont ask me why. :)

KB

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58 »
Hmmm, thats a lot of money for increased AF and FPS.
There's nothing in the leaked specs about an increase in FPS, is there?

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 12:39 »

Not the official leaked specs, but it has showed up in the rumors many times with these confirmed specs. Mainly 6.5fps if I remember correctly. So everyone seems to be in agreement that a FPS boost is coming.

KB

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 14:36 »

Not the official leaked specs, but it has showed up in the rumors many times with these confirmed specs. Mainly 6.5fps if I remember correctly. So everyone seems to be in agreement that a FPS boost is coming.
I don't generally shoot things that require a higher fps. But even if I did, I'm not sure 6.5 fps would excite me much. But I guess they can't go much higher without endangering the 1 line. Just 3 more days and we'll know what's coming, and when ....

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16 »
Apparently 5D X name confirmed http://www.kuaddro.com/canon-eos-5dx-name-confirmed/
Take it with a grain of salt, though. We'll know in 2-3 days anyway.

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 05:13 »

Would be nice if Canon reached into the parts bin and used the old 21MP sensor one more time but in a range finder.

You'd need a whole new set of glass for a rangefinder. It would work out very expensive especially as there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in them so Canon would have to cover the cost of developing and producing a second line-up of lenses from a limited market meaning sky-high prices. You'd do better going for the digital Leica or a Fuji GF670 or GW670 film camera.

KB

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46 »
Apparently 5D X name confirmed http://www.kuaddro.com/canon-eos-5dx-name-confirmed/

Or not.  >:(

Canon Rumors recently changed the date to Friday from Monday (2 March instead of 27 Feb). That's the first time I can remember that a [CR3] "fact" was wrong. Oh, well, no one bats 1000%.  ;D

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54 »

Canon Rumors recently changed the date to Friday from Monday (2 March instead of 27 Feb). That's the first time I can remember that a [CR3] "fact" was wrong. Oh, well, no one bats 1000%.  ;D

Yeah, a rumors site was wrong, how about that!!

The only thing certain is that we're absolutely clueless about what and when is coming from Canon.

RacePhoto

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 16:41 »

Yeah, a rumors site was wrong, how about that!!

The only thing certain is that we're absolutely clueless about what and when is coming from Canon.

Here's what I'd like to know.

What Comes After "X" of is this just the rumor name 5Dx for the Mark III

Because I see the G1x which will be followed by the G2x?  ;D