MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Reselling microstock photos  (Read 3666 times)

« on: February 20, 2012, 18:32 »
On this site: http://www.decogalleria.nl/galleria.aspx

found one of my stock image. They are reselling it, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have sent them email but want to warn you all.

This image is relatively new, only 2 times sold on Shutterstock as subscription sale. Never sold on other sites.

I just politely told them to read terms of license carefully and remove it, so if you find one of yours do as you wish

Excuse my English

edit: one more thing, thank you google image search! :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 18:51 by panicAttack »

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:48 »
I've got reply from their site.

so I will paste it here

"It is obvious that you don't understand the language of my website. I do not resell the image, I'm selling a product with the picture on it not the picture itself. And that is allowed because the picture is from shutterstock and therefor royalty free.
If you don't like that your pictures are used, don't put them on Shutterstock or change your pictures in the EDITORIAL status. But just in case: I've removed your picture from our website."

does anyone know language from this site, and what are they selling on it?

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:54 »
Don't they need an extended license?  I would contact Shutterstock, they're good at making sure buyers use the correct license.  I was compensated through SS when a calendar company was using the wrong license.

Paulo M. F. Pires

• "No Gods No Masters"
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56 »
Language is dutch, and probably they aren't paying an EL ( printed products for sale demands an EL ) . Contact SS.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:59 »
thank you both for reply.

they have lots of ss images, so check if some of yours are there.

I will contact SS and also send him reply with Shutterstock terms of use.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15 »
I've got reply from their site.

so I will paste it here

"It is obvious that you don't understand the language of my website. I do not resell the image, I'm selling a product with the picture on it not the picture itself. And that is allowed because the picture is from shutterstock and therefor royalty free.
If you don't like that your pictures are used, don't put them on Shutterstock or change your pictures in the EDITORIAL status. But just in case: I've removed your picture from our website."

One thing that's OBVIOUS is you should be getting more than the subscription price.