MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Paypal Censorship at Smashwords  (Read 29371 times)

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58 »
Apple is kind of a funny example because their reputation covers up a lot of their flaws. Truth is, most companies and products have problems. Occasionally, you get a defective one.

RacePhoto

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 12:15 »
Apple is kind of a funny example because their reputation covers up a lot of their flaws. Truth is, most companies and products have problems. Occasionally, you get a defective one.

Yeah, have to agree, but what should be bothering people is, you buy the Ipad and they tell you what software you can run or what materials you can view on it. I'd find that invasive if I owned one.

Ah, the starting word was "censorship"  :o

velocicarpo

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 12:22 »

Yeah, have to agree, but what should be bothering people is, you buy the Ipad and they tell you what software you can run or what materials you can view on it. I'd find that invasive if I owned one.

Ah, the starting word was "censorship"  :o

I fully agree. Therefore I did not buy an ipad.

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 12:43 »

But, it's cool. How are you supposed to be cool without an ipad?  ;D

rubyroo

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 13:37 »
Ooh that's a tough one... ummm.. be James Dean in the 50's?

velocicarpo

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 13:45 »

But, it's cool. How are you supposed to be cool without an ipad?  ;D

My huge collection of Lenses and Gear is successfully representing my male dominance ;-)

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 05:41 »
I cannot repeat it enough: do not use paypal. Locked accounts. Randomly enforced or not inforced "security" measurements which serve just to increase their own cash flow. Censorship which does not only include "erotica" (no, I am not from the US. I am not afraid of tits and / or sex. I do not think that sexual intercourse is evil ;-) ) but also political questionable agendas. Do not use seem. You risk your money and limit your choices. Beyond that, payoneer and Moneybookers are more reliable and much faster.

You can receive payments from Payoneer from any of our approved partners. If you work for a company that does not offer Payoneer, you should contact them and request they add Payoneer, plus feel free to contact me (davidst [at] payoneer.com) with further details and I will see what I can do.

velocicarpo

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 07:15 »
I cannot repeat it enough: do not use paypal. Locked accounts. Randomly enforced or not inforced "security" measurements which serve just to increase their own cash flow. Censorship which does not only include "erotica" (no, I am not from the US. I am not afraid of tits and / or sex. I do not think that sexual intercourse is evil ;-) ) but also political questionable agendas. Do not use seem. You risk your money and limit your choices. Beyond that, payoneer and Moneybookers are more reliable and much faster.

You can receive payments from Payoneer from any of our approved partners. If you work for a company that does not offer Payoneer, you should contact them and request they add Payoneer, plus feel free to contact me (davidst [at] payoneer.com) with further details and I will see what I can do.

I really can recommend payoneer. Fast and reliable. Friendly support. I wish all agencies would offer them.

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 07:34 »
Except that they charge for their use, whereas Paypal does not. At least not for me, anyway.

velocicarpo

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55 »
Except that they charge for their use, whereas Paypal does not. At least not for me, anyway.

True. I know lots of people care about the 1 digit dollar figure. Personally I do not care.
I do not expect any good working company to do anything for free.
I usually transfer amount of 4 digits and do not even notice that 1 or 2 $.

Furthermore: I have to convert my earnings from $ to another currency and with paypal I always lost a certain percentage which was much higher.