pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: File name error trying to upload to Photodune  (Read 4805 times)

« on: March 20, 2012, 21:02 »
I tried to apply at Photodune today but ran into a problem uploading the initial files.  Took the little test, put everything in a zip file, uploaded the file.  Clicked on upload.  And I get a screen saying all of the files in the zip archive have errors.  It seems the file name contains the '@' symbol.  Well, yes all of my file names have that in them, that is how I have always named them.  And no other microstock site has had an issue with it. 

So does anyone have an idea on how to get past this?  Any chance Photodune will change their policy on not accepting files with @ in them?  I am not sure it is worth the time to rename all of my files to upload here.  Not really sure how to do that if I wanted to...

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 21:30 »
There was at some point a bug that spat out an error on the upload of the approval ZIP file, but it was uploaded and you got approved. I don't recall the details of the message, but if you search here you should find the old thread.

I don't have files with special characters in them as there are too many situations in which they will cause problems; I can't see Photodune changing the rules unless lots of people use this naming - perhaps you're not the only one?

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21 »
jsnover:
Thanks for the quick response!

jremick:
Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

Not sure I want to rename all of my files and change workflow to accommodate this though.  I've been using that naming convention for over 10 years so it is a lot of files.

Thanks again for the quick response, I do appreciate good customer service.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 23:50 »
Thought I would update this.  I guess I was having a senior moment, all I had to do was change the renaming template in Lightroom and it will make the file name anything I want.  So problem solved.

Thanks again.