MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: CanStock suffers from the opposite common affliction  (Read 7134 times)

« on: March 21, 2012, 00:06 »
It seems like these days, it's all too common for people to see sales that bring royalties which don't jive with their understanding of what they should be.  Ends up being secret subscription programs, partner program, discounted bulk credits, blah blah.

I'm having the same problem at CanStockPhoto.  Except, the opposite problem.  Last month, I got a "regular, distribution, small" purchase for $12.90.  Yesterday, I got a "regular, distribution, XL" purchase for $25.45.  Those are some big numbers for non EL sales!  Can't really figure them out from the payout schedule (http://www.canstockphoto.com/payout_schedule.php) , other than I guess it's 20% of a distribution/fotosearch individual purchase? 

Whatever the explanation, color me satisfied!

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 00:32 »
You got sales through a partner they have called Fotosearch.

CD123

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 00:51 »
It seems like these days, it's all too common for people to see sales that bring royalties which don't jive with their understanding of what they should be.  Ends up being secret subscription programs, partner program, discounted bulk credits, blah blah.

I'm having the same problem at CanStockPhoto.  Except, the opposite problem.  Last month, I got a "regular, distribution, small" purchase for $12.90.  Yesterday, I got a "regular, distribution, XL" purchase for $25.45.  Those are some big numbers for non EL sales!  Can't really figure them out from the payout schedule (http://www.canstockphoto.com/payout_schedule.php) , other than I guess it's 20% of a distribution/fotosearch individual purchase? 

Whatever the explanation, color me satisfied!

As I understand it, that type of info you should never share here. You will start another 123RF gold rush and in the end sit with 2000 unsatisfied contributors (and you started it)!!!  ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37 »
As I understand it, that type of info you should never share here. You will start another 123RF gold rush and in the end sit with 2000 unsatisfied contributors (and you started it)!!!  ;D

CanStockPhoto, not 123RF :)  And whatever, I welcome the gold rush!  Hopefully it would bring the traffic, and I'd maintain my favorable search ranking :D

CD123

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:29 »
CanStockPhoto, not 123RF :)  And whatever, I welcome the gold rush!  Hopefully it would bring the traffic, and I'd maintain my favorable search ranking :D

I know not 123RF, I mean like what happened with 123RF.  ;) Lots of extra contributors. We need more customers!  :D

lagereek

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35 »
Sounds like a great problem to have, congrats!

Agreeing!  I am having some good sales lately!  I wish we all had the OPs  problem every day. ;)

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:37 »

Lol! Don't mention this problem to Santosa.

CD123

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 07:00 »

Agreeing!  I am having some good sales lately!  I wish we all had the OPs  problem every day. ;)

So am I, but don't tell anyone else!  ;)

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 09:08 »
Is it just me, or do those big sales only show up in our totals overnight, as if all the partner site totals get added to the main tally at around 7 or 8 am in Europe? 

I'm now conditioned to make CanStockPhoto the first site I check when I wake up to see how many of those big sales happened.  Seeing another $20 or $40 pop up sure is a nice way to start the day.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14 »
I want those sales tooo! :)
Well... I'd like any kind of sales right now! CanStockPhoto is still at 0! But my portfolio is quite small, only 136 images online. So I think it's normal!

CD123

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32 »
Is it just me, or do those big sales only show up in our totals overnight, as if all the partner site totals get added to the main tally at around 7 or 8 am in Europe? 

I'm now conditioned to make CanStockPhoto the first site I check when I wake up to see how many of those big sales happened.  Seeing another $20 or $40 pop up sure is a nice way to start the day.

Have over 1200 images. With Canstock now longer than a year and NEVER had one of those sales. Max. $5 for my vectors. Want some of those $20 ones!!!  :o

santosa laksana

• White Flower.88.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:06 »

Hi, I read it. About what is this?  :'(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:28 by santosa laksana »

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 09:02 »

Hi, I read it. About what is this?  :'(

As I said in another thread I love the way you are so loyal to Canstock and I think one day you will be one of Canstock's top contributors. Maybe in a few years time. However at the moment you are just starting on Canstock and you are going through all the problems we all face when we start microstock. Oneday you will get big sales too like the OP, but it takes time. So one day you will only have the same problems as the OP, i.e. the problem of counting your earnings. I hope the day comes soon.  Are we clear everyone?

wut

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 09:19 »

Have over 1200 images. With Canstock now longer than a year and NEVER had one of those sales. Max. $5 for my vectors. Want some of those $20 ones!!!  :o

I have just 300 or so and got some so far (from 2.9-14$), but they're relatively rare and without those sales I usually wouldn't even reach double figure monthly sales. I wish sites like CS would earn me more than approximately 1% of what SS brings me

santosa laksana

• White Flower.88.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 09:56 »

As I said in another thread I love the way you are so loyal to Canstock and I think one day you will be one of Canstock's top contributors. Maybe in a few years time. However at the moment you are just starting on Canstock and you are going through all the problems we all face when we start microstock. Oneday you will get big sales too like the OP, but it takes time. So one day you will only have the same problems as the OP, i.e. the problem of counting your earnings. I hope the day comes soon.  Are we clear everyone?

I'll make a song and sing it my best.

Thank you MCP