pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Problems with new storage system at Panthermedia  (Read 3455 times)

« on: January 31, 2012, 11:23 »
Hello all,
Last months I saw the number of the images in my portfolio with Panthermedia declining.
All are older images. They got pending status again, but could not be found in the Pending section.
When hovering over them it says that they are accepted and on-line, but they are not.
So I contacted PM over that problem and got the following answer:

Thank you for your question.

Your photos are stored temporarily.
Please do not delete.
For this reason the number of pictures is not correct.
Here you can read about it:

http://www.panthermedia.net//index.php?page=forum.php&forum_action=forum_viewtopic.php&forum_id=381031
Hello photographers and photographers,

We have bought a completely new storage system. In migrating from the old to the new system, we need to outsource for capacity reasons some older pictures. First time being, all images without typing or editorial recommendation which received after 31.12.2009 and no click more older than 31/12/2009 are for the time being outsourced and are temporarily not available until January. Note: The script runs about 2 days, so that only at weekends, all captured images are swapped.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but in the course of January, an even faster and more scalable storage system have. Your images will be temporarily hidden from then again be found.

And:

http://www.panthermedia.net/index.php?page=forum.php&forum_action=forum_viewtopic.php&forum_id=382342

Hi all,

Our storage has unfortunately 3 weeks delivery delay. In this respect, the dubbing moves back to that period, unfortunately. We are very upset about the delay in this project, which would have been completed in August 2011 must be. To draw a positive conclusion, however, we envisaged a better system than originally, which for you and us in terms of speed and scalability, but offers some advantages. So we are in terms of physical storage no more limits.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Best regards,

The forum is in German, but in the answer it was kindly translated for me. On the forum I was reading that there are people with rejected images (that are not really rejected) too.
Anyone who has an account with Panthermedia and has problems with disappeared images hereby is informed. Dont delete any of your images!

(I have searched MSGforum first, but couldnt find anything about this subject. So when I have overseen it and it is already known, this post can be deleted.)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:35 »
Thank you. Things seems to be allright now. :)

The only very disappointing thing that is left (at least to me), is that my sales at PM haven been fallen back to almost zero in the last months, where at all other agencies they are climbing fast.
No idea what the reason can be.
Hopefully this will also go better soon...  ;)