pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I have been ignored by ??? users!  (Read 20334 times)

lagereek

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 08:42 »
The trouble with ignoring people is, you lose the red thread and in a long thread its easy to see which members have ignored others, their replies are often vague and doesnt at all correspond to the latest.
I say, if they cant take the heat, they should stay out of it, perhaps rearranging some flowers at home or go suck a lollipop or something,  even better, go to the DPR, forum, boy!  thay would have a coronary occlusion.

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04 »
Hi there,

I said it before and I'm going to say it again : I have never ignored anyone and I never will.
I don't see the point.
You go ahead guys, write your posts, I'm here, trying hard to read them all :)
Sometimes however, I do scroll over certain posts. I find those irrelevant, lacking real info or repetitive, but I do not ignore them. 

I have a theory of why so many people use the 'ignore' button. It will most probably increase my own number of people who ignore me, but I'm a veteran, I'm used with it.
In some cases, (NOT all), people use the 'ignore' button looking for a sense of power. It makes them feel smarter, more in control, powerful.
-'Today I have ignored 3 idiots on microstock forum!' - they tell to themselves and suddenly, their day looks shinier, and they grow in height.
It's an illusion of course, and it has a lot to do with the search for power.
But are they right in doing so?
Let's take Luis's case as an example.

Luis,
is one of the most helpful, truly useful member on this forum.
Ask a question, any question related to microstock, and if he's around, you will get a honest answer.
He is also one of the very few who have the guts to post real numbers, real dollars, real downloads. In fear of God knows what, almost nobody else does it.
His English is not perfect and his style is abrupt, but he's a treasure of information.
Clear, concise and genuine.
Ignore him at your own peril.

Suljo,
the reason Suljo is ignored by so many people is IStock.
Suljo doesn't like IStock. At all. For years he has been complaining and making fun of IStock. Sometimes he calls them names, other times he draws cartoons about IStock's HQ or IT team.
He's very passionate about it and his English is a bit shaky, but in most cases, fundamentally, he's right. 
I assume some IStock exclusives who believe their pixel crowns are pure gold and they're too smart to read anything someone like Suljo has to say, happily use the ignore button.
They believe they're much too intelligent to even look at his posts.
But are they?

Don't you worry, Suljo, I, for one, find you funny and I will always enjoy your posts :)

I agree with Wut.
Some of us obviously worry too much about this kind of stuff.

In my case, I have no idea how many people are ignoring me right now, but a few months ago the number was high, lots and lots.
I'm up there with you guys, Luis, Lisa, Suljo and others :)
Unfortunately my life is not a happy one, I have other, much more important, vital problems to deal with, and I was forced to learn to let the little things go.

If it makes you feel better, ignore away :)
You're welcome,

grp_photo

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2012, 12:19 »

lagereek

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2012, 12:24 »
Hi there,

I said it before and I'm going to say it again : I have never ignored anyone and I never will.
I don't see the point.
You go ahead guys, write your posts, I'm here, trying hard to read them all :)
Sometimes however, I do scroll over certain posts. I find those irrelevant, lacking real info or repetitive, but I do not ignore them. 

I have a theory of why so many people use the 'ignore' button. It will most probably increase my own number of people who ignore me, but I'm a veteran, I'm used with it.
In some cases, (NOT all), people use the 'ignore' button looking for a sense of power. It makes them feel smarter, more in control, powerful.
-'Today I have ignored 3 idiots on microstock forum!' - they tell to themselves and suddenly, their day looks shinier, and they grow in height.
It's an illusion of course, and it has a lot to do with the search for power.
But are they right in doing so?
Let's take Luis's case as an example.

Luis,
is one of the most helpful, truly useful member on this forum.
Ask a question, any question related to microstock, and if he's around, you will get a honest answer.
He is also one of the very few who have the guts to post real numbers, real dollars, real downloads. In fear of God knows what, almost nobody else does it.
His English is not perfect and his style is abrupt, but he's a treasure of information.
Clear, concise and genuine.
Ignore him at your own peril.

Suljo,
the reason Suljo is ignored by so many people is IStock.
Suljo doesn't like IStock. At all. For years he has been complaining and making fun of IStock. Sometimes he calls them names, other times he draws cartoons about IStock's HQ or IT team.
He's very passionate about it and his English is a bit shaky, but in most cases, fundamentally, he's right. 
I assume some IStock exclusives who believe their pixel crowns are pure gold and they're too smart to read anything someone like Suljo has to say, happily use the ignore button.
They believe they're much too intelligent to even look at his posts.
But are they?

Don't you worry, Suljo, I, for one, find you funny and I will always enjoy your posts :)

I agree with Wut.
Some of us obviously worry too much about this kind of stuff.

In my case, I have no idea how many people are ignoring me right now, but a few months ago the number was high, lots and lots.
I'm up there with you guys, Luis, Lisa, Suljo and others :)
Unfortunately my life is not a happy one, I have other, much more important, vital problems to deal with, and I was forced to learn to let the little things go.

If it makes you feel better, ignore away :)
You're welcome,

Thats it!  period!  Im ignoring you right now,  for being too honest and smart. Bullocks to it all. ;D

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 13:12 »
I wanted to improve my score by ignoring myself but it won't let me.

At least if I say something really nasty I can still report myself to the moderator.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 13:14 »

At least if I say something really nasty I can still report myself to the moderator.

But the moderator is ignored too.   :o

lisafx

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 14:04 »
I like the ignore button. Some ppl, like in real life, are either complete muppets or really stupid. I'm allergic to stupid ppl. And like in real life I do put ppl on ignore (in real life I tell them to f off, directly or in other words). I think it's a feature that should stay and I urge leaf to not consider getting rid of it.

I have to agree.  I definitely find the ignore feature useful.  I don't go crazy with it, and I don't use it for people whose opinions I disagree with.  I like the back and forth conversations here, even when they get a bit heated. 

Only people I ignore are obvious trolls, and a couple of people who just personally get on my nerves. 

But they are all free to ignore me too, and have :)

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 14:36 »
The whole 'ignore' thing is weird to me.  You see a post, write a reply, but may be just wasting your time because the poster is 'ignoring' you - no way to even find out.  Maybe you check back over the next couple of days, expecting some response, and when you never get it, you think maybe you were ignored, but can't be sure.

If you can't handle all the posts in a forum, don't read them - or better yet don't participate at all.  In my mind  the word "forum" means  "a place where everyone gets heard".  Not a place where you go to hear just the people you like or agree with, and walk out when the others are speaking.

If we're concerned about rudeness, I think this  passive-aggressive thing of secretly 'ignoring' people so you don't even see their specific replies to your posts, without letting them even know,  - is totally rude in itself.  And IMHO this so-called feature has no place in a public internet forum.  Call me old-school, or anything you want, actually - and I'll see it because I guarantee I don't have you on 'ignore'.

Let's see if my 'ignored by' count goes up after this post.

i agree with all you say, but i still use the ignore to block out trolls and others that just waste my time.  if an ignored does happen to respond to my postings, i always do read that, but it's simpler to be able to just bypass some of the spam. 

back in the BBS days of the early 80s we included a sysmin feature that set a twit filter for particularly obnoxious users - unlike kill filters,  they could post, but no one could see the posts.  this was only used for malicious and other vicious speech, never because of opinions,  or views

RacePhoto

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 14:54 »

But the moderator is ignored too.   :o

Yes by more people than you are.

There are some people smarter, better, more creative and more serious about stock than I am, (and more sugar coated) who have more ignores than I do. Go figure? I'm also not politically correct which attracted a flock of ignores over one topic in "Off Topic" so it can be anything. Heck even I found my animated waving Avatar annoying, so I removed it. LOL

Oh yes, it's at 15 right now, seems that being nice has nothing to do with it, I gained two in the last week. One since the thread started.  ??? And I've been behaving myself as part of the kinder and gentler new me policy for 2012.

Only know who one of them is. I really don't care. That person never even comes on here any more but is still a member. The problem is when you say something others don't agree with it or know they are guilty of, it always hits a nerve and they hit ignore.

Lisa I'm shocked that you have so many. You are a presence on this forum and a lot of the new comers don't quite understand the discussions that sometimes occur here.

Yes, I was shocked at the count for some very helpful ladies here, must be a cat fight or something.  ;)

Yes, there was a time when someone with multiple identities gave everyone who was active, a negative, because his count went to 25 and was growing as the general forum was tired of the troll. He opened 5-6 accounts, ignored a bunch of people and closed the accounts. Probably gone forever. I believe the system keeps that numbers regardless, thus Leaf and some people all have six, just because of being here in 2008. Look for black names in the old threads and you'll see who it was.

So when I post the links for "Free Money" they won't see it?  ;)  I feel it's a protest click, most of the people who have someone on "ignore' will click the view button and read them anyway. It's a popularity vote of sorts and not important for anything.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 16:30 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 15:31 »
I did it!  I increased my 'ignore' count by 1, just by posting my opinion that no one should ignore anyone.  Someone apparently couldn't handle that one, or thought it was so dumb that it was a waste of electricity to display it on their monitor.

Too bad for that person, because  I will soon be posting the results of my year-long study of 'best match' algorithms, which led to my amazing discovery of how to double your sales by a simple keywording strategy. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 15:34 by stockastic »

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 15:39 »
Everyone has the right to put censure in his life and nobody can prohibit it... ;) ;D

lagereek

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 15:44 »
I like the ignore button. Some ppl, like in real life, are either complete muppets or really stupid. I'm allergic to stupid ppl. And like in real life I do put ppl on ignore (in real life I tell them to f off, directly or in other words). I think it's a feature that should stay and I urge leaf to not consider getting rid of it.

I have to agree.  I definitely find the ignore feature useful.  I don't go crazy with it, and I don't use it for people whose opinions I disagree with.  I like the back and forth conversations here, even when they get a bit heated. 

Only people I ignore are obvious trolls, and a couple of people who just personally get on my nerves. 

Hi there!  my theory is somewhat a bit differant. I think many hit the ignore button out of jealousy. Should you post anything like: Im having a great day!  youve got two ignores right away. :D

wut

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 15:57 »

Hi there!  my theory is somewhat a bit differant. I think many hit the ignore button out of jealousy. Should you post anything like: Im having a great day!  youve got two ignores right away. :D

Post that you're drinking a 10$ (per bottle) whiskey from now on, someone without ignores will quote you and half of the envious bas-tards will drop you from their ignore list. If that won't work post something in the line of, I haven't made a buck in RM for over 6 months and no one is buying industrial photos anymore. This should do the trick ;)

RacePhoto

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 16:10 »
Should have been here last week, the fish were really biting! (sorry I'm not taking the bait, keep trolling)

$10 a bottle Scotch? I wouldn't use it to clean car parts!  Of course you may have come up with the answer?  ;D

Post that you're drinking a 10$ (per bottle) whiskey from now on, someone without ignores will quote you and half of the envious bas-tards will drop you from their ignore list. If that won't work post something in the line of, I haven't made a buck in RM for over 6 months and no one is buying industrial photos anymore. This should do the trick ;)

lagereek

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 16:27 »

Blimey Wut!  10 bucks, I wont even get a shot for that :D, but youre right, I havent made a dime for the lat six months!  that should do the trick, all of a sudden I have zero ignores, then again I like being ignored by sissyboys.

RacePhoto

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 16:40 »

Blimey Wut!  10 bucks, I wont even get a shot for that :D, but youre right, I havent made a dime for the lat six months!  that should do the trick, all of a sudden I have zero ignores, then again I like being ignored by sissyboys.

Yes if it said "GOOD SCOTCH" for $10 a bottle that would have been different.  :D

I have Ardbeg Alligator and you don't. (which of course three people here will understand and none will care for an ignorant taunt) Sold out in the entire UK in 2011. I got the last bottle in IL in Feb. It's being saved for a special occasion.

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 17:02 »
i wish the SS forums had an ignore button.  I'd go there much more often if they did.

lisafx

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 17:09 »

LOL!  I don't doubt you are right :D

Wouldn't explain my ignores though.  I haven't posted that in a couple of years, I think ;)

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2012, 19:33 »
i wish the SS forums had an ignore button.  I'd go there much more often if they did.

A BIG +1

wut

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 19:33 »
This thread helped me to reduce the number of ppl ignoring me - 1 down. I would have never guessed that would happen, I expected to get slapped with a few more if anything :D

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 19:40 »
That's funny, I can't see any comments on this thread.

wut

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 19:44 »

Those are the best kind. I think the best debates are when you don't agree (isn't that the definition of the word?). I don't like to fight, but just agreeing all the time gets boring, disagreeing makes it possible to understand or at least start understanding where some ppl come from and makes it possible for you to learn something new (either someone else trying to prove a point teaches you something, or you do some exploring of your own to prove your point).

I don't go crazy with it as well. I only have 5 ppl on my ignore list. That's a surprisingly low number, I've surprised myself :o

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 20:07 »
The 9 people who 'ignore' me won't get to see this story about a hilarious "stock photo" mailing by my Senator, Al Franken:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/al-franken-fundraising_n_1408686.html

lagereek

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2012, 01:36 »

Yes if it said "GOOD SCOTCH" for $10 a bottle that would have been different.  :D

I have Ardbeg Alligator and you don't. (which of course three people here will understand and none will care for an ignorant taunt) Sold out in the entire UK in 2011. I got the last bottle in IL in Feb. It's being saved for a special occasion.

Oh Jeez!  good stuff, come on, now is the special occasion!  Im over on the fly, poor it up mate, its Easter, I mean, Heck!  if were gonna get zozzled, lets do it together and in STYLE! ;D

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53 »
The 9 people who 'ignore' me won't get to see this story about a hilarious "stock photo" mailing by my Senator, Al Franken:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/al-franken-fundraising_n_1408686.html

You never know, they might - if sombody quotes it.