pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I have been ignored by ??? users!  (Read 20148 times)

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 18:29 »
I think I have 6. Only know who one of them is. I really don't care. That person never even comes on here any more but is still a member. The problem is when you say something others don't agree with it or know they are guilty of, it always hits a nerve and they hit ignore.

Lisa I'm shocked that you have so many. You are a presence on this forum and a lot of the new comers don't quite understand the discussions that sometimes occur here.

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 18:37 »
BTW, the day I stopped worrying about 'ignores' was the day I realised that Tyler has some too.  I just checked and now he has 6!

I guess they didn't realise who he was.  :D

I know, that's pretty funny.

I'm at 19 now. I take it with a grain of salt. Some of the nicest people on here have almost as many. ???

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 19:15 »
I have 8 ignorers.   I never ignore anyone, even the couple posters here whom I've concluded are total jerks.   I never say anything nasty or personal to anyone; I ignore any such posts directed at me.  So, 8 people must find my opinions so incorrect or uninformed that they don't even want their eyeballs to fall on them accidentially.

I don't understand why people participate in a forum like this but want to filter out posts that disagree with theirs, or don't reinforce what they already think.  What's the point?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 19:36 by stockastic »

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 19:15 »
LADSSsss and GENTTtttsss
The official winer ISss Suljooooo.....

39 and counting...

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 19:50 »
LADSSsss and GENTTtttsss

39 and counting...

you should get a medal or something, you deserve it, I am serious

velocicarpo

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 19:56 »
LADSSsss and GENTTtttsss

39 and counting...

Woooow, why that? Never have seen a "bad" post from you....

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 20:51 »
The whole 'ignore' thing is weird to me.  You see a post, write a reply, but may be just wasting your time because the poster is 'ignoring' you - no way to even find out.  Maybe you check back over the next couple of days, expecting some response, and when you never get it, you think maybe you were ignored, but can't be sure.

If you can't handle all the posts in a forum, don't read them - or better yet don't participate at all.  In my mind  the word "forum" means  "a place where everyone gets heard".  Not a place where you go to hear just the people you like or agree with, and walk out when the others are speaking.

If we're concerned about rudeness, I think this  passive-aggressive thing of secretly 'ignoring' people so you don't even see their specific replies to your posts, without letting them even know,  - is totally rude in itself.  And IMHO this so-called feature has no place in a public internet forum.  Call me old-school, or anything you want, actually - and I'll see it because I guarantee I don't have you on 'ignore'.

Let's see if my 'ignored by' count goes up after this post.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 22:02 by stockastic »

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 01:20 »
I used to have 0 and now found I've got 1. I don't think I offended any one, perhaps somebody just finds my posts boring and useless...

Wim

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 01:53 »
0 but I do get ignored by two on this forum via PM.
God knows why but I can't be bothered anymore to find out, got better things to do with my time... like posting how many users ignore mevery important!

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 02:32 »
0 but I do get ignored by two on this forum via PM.
God knows why but I can't be bothered anymore to find out, got better things to do with my time... like posting how many users ignore mevery important!
Would you like me to put you on ignore so you can feel more like one of the group ;)

Wim

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07 »
Whatever flicks your swtich ;)

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 03:27 »
I can't beat out Luis for top spot, but I have 14 people ignoring me.  OTOH have 173 useful posts.  So it goes to show you can't please everyone.  ::)

Five ignores to 73 "usefuls". It's hard to believe that so few people want to ignore my wittering.

wut

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 04:10 »
I like the ignore button. Some ppl, like in real life, are either complete muppets or really stupid. I'm allergic to stupid ppl. And like in real life I do put ppl on ignore (in real life I tell them to f off, directly or in other words). I think it's a feature that should stay and I urge leaf to not consider getting rid of it.

It seems really funny to me that so many ppl are surprised they're on someone's ignore list, are offended by it, say they don't care, when it clearly shows they do and it bothers them. You can never please everyone and I can't understand why some ppl want to be liked by everyone. I don't care about that at all, I'd rather be in good relations with few ppl, the ones I like, respect, can have an interesting discussion with etc, than liked by everyone and be just some generic person. Like a most generic stock photo. It's so * boring. I know I'm way to black& white (meaning there's no or few shades of gray in my thinking and consequentally posting) and I'm too straight forward and I don't care too much if someone who's either too sensitive or too stupid gets offended (and puts me on ignore).

lagereek

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 04:25 »
Guys!  you havent got a patch on me!  30 ignores but 47 useful posts!  ;D,  who cares?  to be ignored by the ignoramuses, is a big plus, they dont participate with anything anyway.

kepp it up boys!  and a happy Easter!  Whiskey and eggs ;D

wut

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 04:28 »
Haha brilliant again, Lagereek. Whiskey and eggs, lol, nice final touch ;D

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 04:51 »
Poll Poll Poll . . . . we want a POLL!

anyone have experience with setting that up? (guess I'll get an ignored for my laziness)  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:54 by etienjones »

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 05:06 »
I have 8 ignorers.   I never ignore anyone, even the couple posters here whom I've concluded are total jerks.   I never say anything nasty or personal to anyone; I ignore any such posts directed at me.  So, 8 people must find my opinions so incorrect or uninformed that they don't even want their eyeballs to fall on them accidentially.

I don't understand why people participate in a forum like this but want to filter out posts that disagree with theirs, or don't reinforce what they already think.  What's the point?

It's not necessarily because they want to filter out posts that disagree with their opinions - there's nothing wrong with that.

I've ignored a few, but it's usually because I've found their posts either repetitive or boring, always harping on the same things, so I can't be bothered to read through them.  I figure that if they do post something interesting, it'll probably get quoted by someone else, so I can get to see it anyway.  And if they do, I might unignore them then...

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 06:24 »
Well, I'm offended!  I have 0.  You're all dirtbags!  (There, did that move the needle?)

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 07:23 »
just 1.  And that's a lot, because I hardly talk here.  I hate needing a dictionary every 3 sentences.  I'd probably have a lot more ignorers if this forum was in Dutch.

Wim

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 07:33 »
just 1.  And that's a lot, because I hardly talk here.  I hate needing a dictionary every 3 sentences.  I'd probably have a lot more ignorers if this forum was in Dutch.

You are probably ignored for spelling ;)

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 07:45 »
Where do you see who ignores you?  ???

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 07:48 »
Click on Profile at the top, then its in the right column.

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 07:51 »
Oh, right. Thanks! Guess I'm loved by all then ;)  (Or maybe it's just because im new. :D )

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 07:52 »
Oh, right. Thanks! Guess I'm loved by all then ;)  (Or maybe it's just because im new. :D )

Yes, give it some time. Express your opinion and you're sure to offend somebody.  :D

wut

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 08:30 »

Yes, give it some time. Express your opinion and you're sure to offend somebody.  :D

Or just stand up for something ;)