MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yuri Arcurs - Something big will happen on the 3 of May!  (Read 71244 times)

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 11:23 »
been having some issues regarding sleeping because of this annoucement, seriously Yuri make it for tomorrow  ;D

rubyroo

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 11:51 »
:D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:16 by rubyroo »

Microbius

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 12:59 »
His site is down, just tried to use the keyworder

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 13:15 »
Most awaited events of beginning of 2012:
1. iPad 3
2. Nikon D800
3. Yuri's going to announce something
4. Adobe CS6

rubyroo

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 13:22 »
 :D :D :D

Ed

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 13:27 »
He is engaged to be married...maybe there's a mini-Yuri on the way?

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 13:38 »

Something he's "been working on for 2 years"?

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 14:11 »

It takes more than the usual gestation time to breed a Miniyuri.
The only question I have is this: will he give birth out of his thigh, like Zeus, or will he delegate that job to an apprentice?

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2012, 14:19 »

It takes more than the usual gestation time to breed a Miniyuri.
The only question I have is this: will he give birth out of his thigh, like Zeus, or will he delegate that job to an apprentice?

LMAO this is going OT as usual :)

rubyroo

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2012, 14:27 »
 :D

...forget what I said earlier... the speculation just gets more and more creative!  Love it.  :D

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 14:29 »
This thread reminds me of Life of Brian
[shortened and remixed] :-)
.No, tell us, Master, we were here first. Show us another miracle! Master, your people have walked many miles to be with you, they are weary and have not eaten. ..
..Y.A: It's not my fault they haven't eaten! Now,  f. off!
How shall we  f. off, oh Lord?
Y.A.: Oh, just go away! Leave me alone!..

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2012, 14:34 »
just for the record I will announce something on the 2 of May  8)

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 15:19 »

LOL... let me guess, you had a best month ever on SS, DT, FT & IS!

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 16:42 »
I hope he's getting married! :D They are so CUTE together!

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 16:43 »

That's exciting, but who are you? Oh I remember now, ur the most downloaded tog at AYCS and you once got thrown out of an ms site for saying sales were dead not as good as you hoped for.  :D

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2012, 17:04 »

That's exciting, but who are you? Oh I remember now, ur the most downloaded tog at AYCS and you once got thrown out of an ms site for saying sales were dead not as good as you hoped for.  :D

ahhah  spot on!

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2012, 17:20 »

Seriously, you don't think he'd do it if he hated it do you? No disrespect, Paul, but most MS contributors would give their right nut to enjoy his kind of success....and to enjoy creating the product to boot (the love of photography, yes).  The only question I would ask is, if Yuri won the LOTTERY, say 10 million bucks (USD) clear after taxes, would he keep going with his photography business?  Perhaps not and in that context you'd be correct.  But I can't speak for Yuri and maybe he would keep doing it, who knows.

No, of course he doesn't hate it. He clearly revels in what he's doing, but look what he's got - money, power, fame, adulation, a following.... dammit, he's so revered he only has to say "I'll do something on May 3" and everyone goes weak at the knees! And he has deliberately created all that because he likes it and it serves his interests. Compare that with Andres Rodriguez who doesn't go out of his way to market himself.

I'm absolutely certain Yuri wouldn't give up his business if he won 10 million. He could almost certainly shut up shop today, sell everything and have $10m from his continuing sales - if he hasn't already go that in the bank. But what would he do then ... become a "where are they now" forgotten celebrity?

I guess the difference between you and me is that I am much more cynical about people's motives for things.

The reason I posted in the first place is that I really don't understand why you cared enough to want Yuri to be even more successful, rich and famous than he already is. He strikes me as being a bit of a false god.

Paul,

I don't care personally.  I just happen to admire and have respect for people who take something that amounts to a hobby and is able to convert it into a product like he did.  I am not anyway near calling him a God, just a guy who took the ball and ran with it and won.  That's all.  I get the feeling that you don't appreciate a person who is willing to give cudos to peers now and then.  When you are in the industry I am in and are a frequent speaker at travel expositions you learn to appreciate hard work, effort, growth and then be humble on top of that and express your congrats to others.  You just sound jealous to me.

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2012, 20:12 »
He's finally going exclusive - that is big news!

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2012, 20:16 »
He's finally going exclusive - that is big news!

can be that too, would be great news for tons of indies but honestly will he give it all that easy?? only DT takes 6 months.. he said that is working on it for 2 years..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 20:18 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2012, 20:21 »

Seriously, you don't think he'd do it if he hated it do you? No disrespect, Paul, but most MS contributors would give their right nut to enjoy his kind of success....and to enjoy creating the product to boot (the love of photography, yes).  The only question I would ask is, if Yuri won the LOTTERY, say 10 million bucks (USD) clear after taxes, would he keep going with his photography business?  Perhaps not and in that context you'd be correct.  But I can't speak for Yuri and maybe he would keep doing it, who knows.

No, of course he doesn't hate it. He clearly revels in what he's doing, but look what he's got - money, power, fame, adulation, a following.... dammit, he's so revered he only has to say "I'll do something on May 3" and everyone goes weak at the knees! And he has deliberately created all that because he likes it and it serves his interests. Compare that with Andres Rodriguez who doesn't go out of his way to market himself.

I'm absolutely certain Yuri wouldn't give up his business if he won 10 million. He could almost certainly shut up shop today, sell everything and have $10m from his continuing sales - if he hasn't already go that in the bank. But what would he do then ... become a "where are they now" forgotten celebrity?

I guess the difference between you and me is that I am much more cynical about people's motives for things.

The reason I posted in the first place is that I really don't understand why you cared enough to want Yuri to be even more successful, rich and famous than he already is. He strikes me as being a bit of a false god.

Paul,

I don't care personally.  I just happen to admire and have respect for people who take something that amounts to a hobby and is able to convert it into a product like he did.  I am not anyway near calling him a God, just a guy who took the ball and ran with it and won.  That's all.  I get the feeling that you don't appreciate a person who is willing to give cudos to peers now and then.  When you are in the industry I am in and are a frequent speaker at travel expositions you learn to appreciate hard work, effort, growth and then be humble on top of that and express your congrats to others.  You just sound jealous to me.

and you are?

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2012, 20:54 »
I'm going with an amusement park island full of dinosaurs...

Yurissac Park?

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2012, 21:04 »
I'm going with an amusement park island full of dinosaurs...

Yurissac Park?

Seems like that would be an extravagantly expensive setup just for a photo shoot, but surely the resulting images will sell well.

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2012, 21:38 »
I just happen to admire and have respect for people who take something that amounts to a hobby

That's sort of a bit odd way of looking at it.

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2012, 22:18 »
You just sound jealous to me.

I understand why you would think that but I'm actually just cynical and have an inbuilt aversion to personality cults.

(PS: If you want to know the photographer whose talent I am jealous of, it's Salgado.}
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 22:25 by BaldricksTrousers »

rinderart

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2012, 22:48 »
You just sound jealous to me.

I understand why you would think that but I'm actually just cynical and have an inbuilt aversion to personality cults.

(PS: If you want to know the photographer whose talent I am jealous of, it's Salgado.}

Agree 1000%.. Other than that ...you guys crack me up every time I come here.