pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yuri told me Andres Rodriguez is No.2, this may be wrong  (Read 15088 times)

« on: May 03, 2012, 22:04 »
In my previous interview to Yuri, he said Andres Rodriguez was No.1 stock photographer and now No.2.

I did not doubt it until yesterday I visit a pro photographer in Beijing, China.

Now I know two photographers can earn millions per year, are there more?

anybody know?

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 22:06 »
OK, if Andres Rodriguez is at millions level, I know three now.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 22:22 »
Seriously?

traveler1116

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 22:32 »
Seriously?
Yeah don't forget Sean.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 22:33 »
Seriously?

Yes, and I remember somebody gave me a detail report of income of iStock exclusive contributors, including you Sean at over half a million in 2010, will you confirm is that figure correct?

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 23:03 »
Lise Gagne is the top earner at IS.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 23:05 »
Lise Gagne is the top earner at IS.

according to the report I got, she's at top but not the toppest, Sean earns more than her, and someone else earns more than Sean.

lagereek

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 23:27 »
Seriously?

I agree!  seriously?  kindergarden level.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 23:44 »
may i know who is the pro photographer in beijing? since all name are known, possible to share it? is it in microstock also?

I saw one of the frequent microstock girl model in asia countries, but I can't really find more things about the photographer, wonder is it the same one?

In my previous interview to Yuri, he said Andres Rodriguez was No.1 stock photographer and now No.2.

I did not doubt it until yesterday I visit a pro photographer in Beijing, China.

anybody know?

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 00:01 »
may i know who is the pro photographer in beijing? since all name are known, possible to share it? is it in microstock also?

I saw one of the frequent microstock girl model in asia countries, but I can't really find more things about the photographer, wonder is it the same one?

anybody know?

I've visited top 3 stock photographer teams in Beijing(Yuri is a team as well, isn't he), they are all in traditional world, while one of them joined microstock via iStockPhoto Agency Collection.

The traditional world is not as transparent as micro, although the trend of micro is going up, the big money still lies in traditional world.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 00:33 »
Yuri might of thought you meant microstock only.  I think there's several people earning more in the traditional market.  It isn't as easy to get in to but I think the top Getty stock photographers that have been doing stock for decades are probably making more than anyone doing just microstock.  Doesn't Yuri just claim he licenses the most images?  Its not the same as making the most money.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 00:43 »

I've visited top 3 stock photographer teams in Beijing(Yuri is a team as well, isn't he), they are all in traditional world, while one of them joined microstock via iStockPhoto Agency Collection.

The traditional world is not as transparent as micro, although the trend of micro is going up, the big money still lies in traditional world.

name?

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 00:48 »
Yuri might of thought you meant microstock only.  I think there's several people earning more in the traditional market.  It isn't as easy to get in to but I think the top Getty stock photographers that have been doing stock for decades are probably making more than anyone doing just microstock.  Doesn't Yuri just claim he licenses the most images?  Its not the same as making the most money.

Exactly - how do you judge any of this? Most downloads? Most income? Highest profit? Most downloads or income per "team" member?

For me, my download numbers peaked as an independent in 2008, but my average RPD was something like 65c. As an exclusive my DL numbers are much more modest, but my total income is more than 3 times what it was then, and my average revenue per download is more than 10 times that now. Does that mean I'm now less successful than I was in 2008?

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 00:58 »
are you chinese?why dont chinese just pay for buying our files? then there will be more millionaires, lol ;D
dont just selling your stuffs,just imforming your friends or colleagues , never use images for free.lol >:(

Wim

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27 »

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 03:48 »
Seriously?
Yeah don't forget Sean.

Who's Sean?  ::)

Hello wim...? I give you a clue.. Google his name and you will find ;)  lol  (sjlocke)

wut

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01 »
Seriously?

I agree!  seriously?  kindergarden level.

Indeed! Stop playing hide&seek like 4 year olds and just tell us ;D

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 04:04 »

Exactly - how do you judge any of this? Most downloads? Most income? Highest profit? Most downloads or income per "team" member?

For me, my download numbers peaked as an independent in 2008, but my average RPD was something like 65c. As an exclusive my DL numbers are much more modest, but my total income is more than 3 times what it was then, and my average revenue per download is more than 10 times that now. Does that mean I'm now less successful than I was in 2008?

Hello Holgs, where are you now?  I wrote about you in my blog one or two years ago.

You are so much admired here.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 04:07 »
OFF-TOPIC: can you imagine if someone referred one of those guys! He/she may be the luckiest and happiest person on earth :D lol

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 04:08 »
Holgs has groupies!
wow
Sometimes I think its a shame I am anonymous :)

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 04:21 »
are you chinese?why dont chinese just pay for buying our files? then there will be more millionaires, lol ;D
dont just selling your stuffs,just imforming your friends or colleagues , never use images for free.lol >:(

Yes, I am a Chinese.

Tell us your citizenship and I'll let you know how much money Getty Images made last year in mainland China.

If you google, you'll probably see images use for free in any country, even with watermark, including developed and developing countries.

I remember clearly in an international conference, a VP from US showed a picture in his slides with a big Dreamstime watermark in the center.

If you really want to sell your stuffs into China market, I can give you an advice free of charge -- shoot more Chinese content.

CarlssonInc

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 04:26 »

Yes, I am a Chinese.

Tell us your citizenship and I'll let you know how much money Getty Images made last year in mainland China.

If you google, you'll probably see images use for free in any country, even with watermark, including developed and developing countries.

I remember clearly in an international conference, a VP from US showed a picture in his slides with a big Dreamstime watermark in the center.

If you really want to sell your stuffs into China market, I can give you an advice free of charge -- shoot more Chinese content.

Shooting more Chinese subject matter or not, the problem still remain that the "potentially" largest market in the world has a dubious view on copyrighted material and paying for such.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 07:54 »
"Exactly - how do you judge any of this? Most downloads? Most income? Highest profit? Most downloads or income per "team" member? "

This was what my 'seriously' comment was about, as well as 'what difference does it make'.

At IS, last I knew, by dls, it was Yuri, Lise, DNY59 and then me.  You can see my number on my profile.

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07 »
what?? let me read it once again! this topic come from where and what is going on?? :D

RT

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 08:10 »
At IS, last I knew, by dls, it was Yuri, Lise, DNY59 and then me.  You can see my number on my profile.

Just think where you'd be if you weren't such a forum chatterbox   :P