pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: A call to arms - Support StockFresh  (Read 40045 times)

THP Creative

• THP Creative

« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2012, 18:25 »
I wish I could have given you a real alternative with Warmpicture. I did my best, but in the end it was a Fail on my part.

You did do your best, and you put a lot of time and $$ into it. I don't see it as your fail. First of all, you're battling corporations with gazillions of $$ behind them in the SEO department. The K-Tools fail sounds like it really put the final nail in the coffin. I'm truly sorry it didn't work out for all of us, especially you.

edit: I am assuming you are saying it's over. I respect whatever decision you make. Hopefully there is some way to bounce back?

I agree with Jo Ann - this is definitely not a FAIL on your part! 

+2.  It's admirable how much work you have put in Dan.  My hat's off to you.  While the rest of us just  continue to complain about the direction of microstock, you took it upon yourself to DO something about it. 

I'm very sad if it's come to an end, but it may have been too quixotic a thing to undertake. 

Great use of quixotic...!

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2012, 19:03 »

Cathy.  :)

dang it!! 1,000 apologies.. I knew it was you.. just reading too many posts at once with too many tabs open!

so I agree with CATHY!!  :)

« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2012, 19:16 »

dang it!! 1,000 apologies.. I knew it was you.. just reading too many posts at once with too many tabs open!

:D

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2012, 19:58 »
I appreciate it everyone! And it is always fun to hijack a Stockfresh thread   8)

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2012, 20:32 »
I appreciate it everyone! And it is always fun to hijack a Stockfresh thread   8)

Unless it costs you a ton to run, I'd say keep with it. If it does cost you a ton to run, then try to cut costs. Like Peter said earlier in this thread or some other, it takes time to build up a site. Google definitely gives love to older sites, so just existing is a form of SEO.

Lagereek

« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2012, 00:50 »
I'm happy with Veer too. 6% of earnings over the last 12 months, and a pleasing RPD. I haven't tried Photodune yet. It would take a lot of convincing to get me to add another microstock site.

Dont!  just another low key site, pretending. Thats it.

Veer, is great!  good site.

Appreciate it Christian. As always, your straight shooting is most helpful.

I wish I could have given you a real alternative with Warmpicture. I did my best, but in the end it was a Fail on my part.

Dont worry Dan, at least you did what many just babble about!  you tried and tried well. Its a daunting task trying to run just about anything in this rat-race.

I bet you, in fact I know that before end of this year, micro will change drastically.

all the best Dan! :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:00 by Lagereek »

« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2012, 06:13 »
+3 you have my respect!
+4 - and my apologies, I should have put the time in to support you, Sorry.

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2012, 06:14 »
I congratulate Dan on giving it a good go and I'm sorry if it's not worked out.

I think the only way for us to run our own site that could challenge the big 4 would be if most of the top 100 contributors got together and raised funds with a big backer.  It doesn't look like a possibility because the top contributors are too busy making money to really care about the future.

The rest of us don't have much of a chance.  I still hope there will be a new site that comes up with a cheaper more efficient way for us to sell to buyers in the future.

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21 »
Well, call me confused over the unofficial announcement of the demise and condolences about Warmpicture.com. Why is it buried in this thread?
It's still live. I still contribute. It's all very confusing.

« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2012, 11:28 »
Well, call me confused over the unofficial announcement of the demise and condolences about Warmpicture.com. Why is it buried in this thread?

So what's the story?  Fill us in, so we can use it as an learning experience.

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2012, 12:49 »

But I agree with Cathy too, so either way you were right :)

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2012, 12:55 »

Everything is discussed here http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/warmpicture/

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2012, 13:13 »

Everything is discussed here http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/warmpicture/

i believe that is a members only group. I'd say the conversation could probably be moved here:
http://www.microstockgroup.com/selling-direct/k-tools-hosting/msg262743/?topicseen#new

but basically the hosting service had some major downtime over the weekend which killed the site ranking on google.

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 13:22 »
I've never see a spell of downtime affect a ranking long term - should just be a blip.

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 13:47 »
I've never see a spell of downtime affect a ranking long term - should just be a blip.

I was down for the same amount of time and that was my feeling about it. My bigger fear was having a return customer not be able to access the site and maybe lose them to another site.

Lagereek

« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 14:05 »

So what's the story?  Fill us in, so we can use it as an learning experience.

The moral of the story is: in a business where quantity superseeds quality, where its thirteen to a dozen and where buyers are happy with bread and butter, the wise will withdraw, review the situation and then yet again, rise. :)

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2012, 13:45 »
FWIW we are still up and running. I want to see what happens to our Google search position over the next month. In the meantime  am testing some theories on pricing, since really there is nothing to lose.

So the doors remain open to WP. I don't know that I can rebuild what we lost, but hopefully the server penalty is temporary.

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2012, 15:36 »
FWIW we are still up and running. I want to see what happens to our Google search position over the next month. In the meantime  am testing some theories on pricing, since really there is nothing to lose.

So the doors remain open to WP. I don't know that I can rebuild what we lost, but hopefully the server penalty is temporary.

Yay!  :) (bolded)That seems like a good thing to do. Maybe the hit won't be as bad as you thought.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2012, 15:58 »

Yay!  :) (bolded)That seems like a good thing to do. Maybe the hit won't be as bad as you thought.

Might be good to open a thread specifically for the WarmPictures subject.  It is hidden and confusing here.

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2012, 16:03 »
Sorry about the off topic, guys...