MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: istock upload process  (Read 3930 times)

dk

« on: May 23, 2012, 11:19 »
Too much clicking going on to upload files! For the keyword "metal" i have to choose between "Metal (Rock and Roll)" or "Metal (Material)", for the keyword "rusty" i have to choose between "Rusty (Old)" or "Rusty (Named Racehorse)".

Was wondering if it would be easier for most of us to have the most common use already checked - rusty (old) - and - metal (material) - and if someone is posting photos of rusty the horse or a heavy metal band they can correct and check the box.

???

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:22 »
Not really, because lazy or unknowing users would just go with the defaults, causing spam.

traveler1116

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:23 »
Sean beat me to it, that's what I was going to say.

drugal

This user is banned.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30 »
Istock's upload is marvellous piece for the IT museums, straight form the 80's. It's dysfunctional at every step and turn. Even one of the menus rolls down if do a natural circle with the curosor for the upload button, and blocks it. It's as if someone made a detailed effort to annoy the users. In short: it's junk.

dk

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:22 »
I don't mean they should check all the boxes just the really obvious.

For example most people when inserting "industrial" as a keyword don't mean industrial music. In such obvious cases it would be best to have the correct box already checked. I mean there's 1 in 1000 chance that someone means "industrial (dance and electronic)" for the keyword industrial or "Rusty the horse" when typing rusty as a keyword.

The lazy people would have their keywords butchered like the rest of us! I think they should do it, it hurts my fingers and brain to click 50 - 60 times for one image upload. At least let's have some defaults inserted.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 16:48 »
I mean there's 1 in 1000 chance that someone means "industrial (dance and electronic)" for the keyword industrial ...
The likelihood would be much higher if it were an audio file needing that keyword. It's the same CV for all media, as a buyer might be considering purchases across all media, so consistency would be a benefit.

jbarber873

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 16:57 »
Istock's upload is marvellous piece for the IT museums, straight form the 80's. It's dysfunctional at every step and turn. Even one of the menus rolls down if do a natural circle with the curosor for the upload button, and blocks it. It's as if someone made a detailed effort to annoy the users. In short: it's junk.
    ;D  It fits perfectly with the entire experience of being an Istock contributor. Be happy you're not uploading video, which entails going through a set of processes with an almost soviet era concrete block construction style. At least it's not command line interface. I do believe, however, that this is the very best they are capable of, so I just do it.