pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Pocketstock  (Read 22847 times)

« on: May 25, 2012, 09:13 »
Anyone know anything about Pocketstock? I got invite via email today.

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:36 »
Got one too. Site doesn't look too bad a bit slow though. The offer is quite acceptable.

IOFOTO is already there.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:45 »
Got one too. Site doesn't look too bad a bit slow though. The offer is quite acceptable.

1. their royalties aint that great but looking at all top agencies dont know..
2. they need to make it faster to submit, its quite boring to choose if your picture was taken by a cell phone or not for every file you upload, they should come up with a default option or something..
3. the payout seems a little high too $70/60/70

Royalty Schedule
Star Rating    Non-Exclusive    Exclusive
Orange Star (1 - 149)    30%    35%
Bright Star (150 - 1,499)    32%    36%
Bronze Star (1,500 - 4,999)    34%    37%
Silver Star (5,000 - 14,999)    36%    40%
Gold Star (15,000 - 49,999)    38%    43%
Diamond Star (50,000+ downloads)

velocicarpo

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 12:10 »
Here comes another one. I just repeat: below 50% = no way. Nice try anyhow...

rinderart

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 21:21 »
Anyone know anything about these guys??

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 21:29 »

not much, only that a ton of top contributors have already joined ;)

Ed

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 21:42 »

sc

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 22:25 »
Read through this thread, and you'll be in the know....

http://www.microstockgroup.com/veer-marketplace/your-veer-portfolio-on-alamy/msg258149/?topicseen#new

pocketstock.com.mx - is the one Veer partners with

pocketstock.com is a different agency

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:21 »
The FTP upload is easy but there's a lot of clicks to go through after they pass review.  I'll upload some of my portfolio but will need some sales to spend much time there.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 11:30 »

Pocketstock is a new agency set up by industry veteran Russell Glenister who previously co-founded and sold image100, a successful royalty free agency, to Corbis.

We are currently uploading content (a lot of it!), opening a New York office and preparing for our sales launch which is scheduled for later this month. We'll be posting more information and joining forum discussions in ernest once we start selling but in the meantime, if you want to know more about Russell or Pocketstock, you can check the following sites:

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/?newsid=4988&page=5&pagepos=4 [nofollow]
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/russell-glenister/14/9b8/717 [nofollow]
http://www.pocketstock.com/cathy-yeulet-interview [nofollow]
http://microstockagencies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/pocketstock.html [nofollow]
http://mobograf.com/2012/04/19/cha-ching-make-some-cash-for-your-mobile-pics-hello-pocketstock/ [nofollow]

Alternatively, we love to chat so you're always more than welcome to contact us directly!

[email protected] [nofollow] - CEO
[email protected] [nofollow] - International Development Manager
[email protected] [nofollow] - Creative Director

Marianne

PS: We're not associated with pocketstock.com.mx

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 11:51 »
Thanks Marianne, good luck with the site.  Hope there's enough sales to keep us all happy.  New sites haven't had much success in recent years.  I hope one will make it to the top four of our earnings poll one day.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57 »
Marianne - thanks for posting. It seems as the new site has some good things going for it - the CEO has a track record in the stock business, the pricing, payout level and contributor royalty schedule look reasonable. Not sure what to make of the exclusive iPhone/Android images - but as I'm not sure any of the other agencies would take them anyway, there'd be little to loose by trying some out.

It'd be great if you'd post here when you're interested in having some of the smaller fry upload to your site (I have 2,500 in my portfolio, for example - a drop in the bucket compared to the factories you're currently getting onto the site).

Oh, and if you're accepting funding from H&F or Bain or KKR, post that too :)

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 14:26 »
Thanks Marianne, good luck with the site.  Hope there's enough sales to keep us all happy.  New sites haven't had much success in recent years.  I hope one will make it to the top four of our earnings poll one day.

Thanks!
We know it's a mature crowded market that we're entering.... but there's still room for innovation.
 ;)

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 14:41 »
Marianne - thanks for posting. It seems as the new site has some good things going for it - the CEO has a track record in the stock business, the pricing, payout level and contributor royalty schedule look reasonable. Not sure what to make of the exclusive iPhone/Android images - but as I'm not sure any of the other agencies would take them anyway, there'd be little to loose by trying some out.

It'd be great if you'd post here when you're interested in having some of the smaller fry upload to your site (I have 2,500 in my portfolio, for example - a drop in the bucket compared to the factories you're currently getting onto the site).

Oh, and if you're accepting funding from H&F or Bain or KKR, post that too :)

Thanks for the kind words and we're always interested in anyone who wants to submit. It's not just about quantity - it's about quality and diversity as well!
If you have 2,500 images then we can set up an FTP account for you so just email me directly and I'll sort it out for you.

I understand the hesitation regarding mobile photography because it is still in its infancy but believe me, that's going to change in the coming years.

No news to report on H&F, Bain or KKR but will keep you posted.
 ;)

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 14:43 »

Thanks.
You're right - new sites haven't been very successful but with innovation and experience we believe we can do well. In time of course. Nothing happens overnight!

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 23:22 »
The FTP upload is easy but there's a lot of clicks to go through after they pass review.  I'll upload some of my portfolio but will need some sales to spend much time there.

exactly, I can see at least 3 clicks per picture if it hasnt MR, perhaps time for PS to drop them :D

our profile aint showing up our portfolio too..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:38 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23 »
I have more than 7000 images.

FTP is ok for me, but in new agencies i don't want to waste any more time.

Questions (i think we all have):
1) Do you have subscriptions? do you plan to have?
2) If i send you 7000 images with MR connect to the files in an Excel spreadsheet, do you take care of all the process?
3) If i want to quit selling, how much time must my images have to wait?

Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51 »
The compass program would actually make your site very attractive for different reasons, but the requirements are not very clear.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 08:01 »
you guys need to start answering emails too :-\

or are we going for only top contributors?

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 08:34 »

That's exactly what I was wondering.  I hate to go through all the uploading work to have SF level sales. And the sub thing, unfortunately, is a proven model that even the likes of Pocketstock can't, in some form, pass on.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 08:36 »

That's exactly what I was wondering.  I hate to go through all the uploading work to have SF level sales. And the sub thing, unfortunately, is a proven model that even the likes of Pocketstock can't, in some form, pass on.

Not just Top Contributors ... I got an email from therm.   :-[

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 08:40 »

and ?  ;D

WarrenPrice

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 09:08 »

and ?  ;D

And they love me.   ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 09:14 »

and ?  ;D

And they love me.   ;D

Don't you just sign up as a contributor? I didn't see any pre-qualification process.

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 09:18 »

and ?  ;D

And they love me.   ;D

Don't you just sign up as a contributor? I didn't see any pre-qualification process.

he is jokking :D