pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Random removal of Images heads up  (Read 4965 times)

« on: May 25, 2012, 13:40 »
I received an email about 2 images were where being removed from the site. I went back to check on similar images that were approved and discovered that 5 images in total have been removed. These images were approved in 2008 and sell regularly. A phone call to DT did not give me any answers as to why my images were being taken down but not the 4 other nearly identical images created by other people.

traveler1116

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 13:48 »
And why were your images removed?

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 13:49 »
I had this happen before. Very annoying.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 13:58 »
Both are being removed for "approved by accident".

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 14:05 »

What? How idiotic.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 14:07 »

What? How idiotic.

a few months ago maybe one year there was a topic about this matter and almost everybody had pictures removed, I had over 100 and I believe elenathewise had a few hundreds too

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 19:03 »
And this isn't related to copyright or property release issues where they've tightened the standards since 2008? You said you talked with them on the phone - what did they say (I know you said you got no answers)?

I think the thing that bugs me the most is not that agencies have rules that many of us don't like, but that we frequently can't get a straight answer to questions in a timely (or polite, or both) manner. I think a contributor whose content is removed 4 years after it's approved deserves a detailed explanation of what's going on.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 19:48 »
And this isn't related to copyright or property release issues where they've tightened the standards since 2008? You said you talked with them on the phone - what did they say (I know you said you got no answers)?

I think the thing that bugs me the most is not that agencies have rules that many of us don't like, but that we frequently can't get a straight answer to questions in a timely (or polite, or both) manner. I think a contributor whose content is removed 4 years after it's approved deserves a detailed explanation of what's going on.

I just had 30+ removed.  Some sold some not. Seemed random.  Perhaps they are looking back and re-inspecting.  If images are low or no sellers yank them...make the collection look more appealing overall (by their definition, of course).  I just have learned to move on, like the SS LCV rejections.  BTW, I have been getting DT rejections lately of, we don't like this image, don't send it in again.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 21:22 »
The phone call concluded with them suggesting I email because the call center doesn't handle "this type if thing". The girl was nice enough but had no idea what was going on. She tried telling me that someone was threatening to sue.  But that only works if they take down all images with that subject matter. Not to mention the people claiming to sue have no right over some of the removed images. She then claimed the other images would come down eventually but couldn't tell why my images were singled out first or how long before the other images will be down.

I know it's not likely to be personal but at the moment
It feels that way.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 08:57 »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:05 by WarrenPrice »