MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Where to find rejection reasons with Fotolia  (Read 7064 times)

« on: June 01, 2012, 15:21 »
Is there an easier way to find out your rejection reasons on Fotolia other than your Inbox?  It seems so cumbersome to have to look at the Inbox message, find the image number, go back to My Files, click Show deleted files,  and find the image that matches up with that image number from the message in order to see why that image was rejected.  Is there an easier way? Thanks.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 15:27 »
guess not, actually I mostly care about rejections at SS/IS, only agencies I do resubmit

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 16:33 »
No, there is no easier way. If there is, I want to know how too...
They can send you emails, but it is the same info as there is in your Dashboard.
It is weird that they don't show the title of the image when an image is rejected as they do with the accepted images.
With copy and paste the number in "ID search" it is possibly easier to find the rejected images.

Not that it is very interesting. For most rejections are: technical problems. Then you see a list with so  many possible reasons that it is impossible to find out which one is the special reason the image was rejected. I would like to see more detailed info from reviewers. This way it is difficult to learn from rejections, for images seem to be rejected for technical problems too when they don't want the subject of the image. So you can never be sure what the real reason is.

OM

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 20:12 »
Unlike iStock, there's nothing to be learned from Fotolia rejections re. improving and re-submitting. Far too general and sometimes seeming quite illogical. Better to fugeddabout 'em and move on.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 20:42 »
Don't mind FT rejections...they're all senseless. Next day another inspector accept the pictures. You only have to find out which of them is on what day activ.
Some prefer natur pictures, some technical, some people. Monday is in general no good day for photos.

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:32 »
I agree.  Fotolia reasons are completely worthless because they're vague and irrational.  Their inspectors are completely unpredictable.  Thus, I don't bother reading about their "reasons."  I just let 'em accept what they're gonna accept, reject what they're gonna reject, and go about my business.  They're a low earner for me anyway, so it wouldn't make economic sense for me to invest a lot of time there.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 05:56 »
As we are on the subject of FT rejections, could anyone enlighten me as to what "routing" is (included in the myriad of possible technical reasons for rejection)? I mean, I know what the word means in general but have no idea how it applies to a stock image. It's not a term that ever arises at any other site. Thanks in advance! Regards, David.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 18:18 »
I like the "view information" link. It displays everything I doesn't need
What about: upload date, reject reason, views, sales, etc.? Well, these aren't important.

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 17:39 »
I agree.  Fotolia reasons are completely worthless because they're vague and irrational.  Their inspectors are completely unpredictable.  Thus, I don't bother reading about their "reasons."  I just let 'em accept what they're gonna accept, reject what they're gonna reject, and go about my business.  They're a low earner for me anyway, so it wouldn't make economic sense for me to invest a lot of time there.
agree, and having just sold a sub L XL and XXL all for the whopping comm of .25 ea I wonder why any of us bother at all? how can a L and XXL earn me the same? like the rest of the answers, I just ignore it and concentrate on my other ports.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 06:55 »
Unlike iStock, there's nothing to be learned from Fotolia rejections re. improving and re-submitting. Far too general and sometimes seeming quite illogical. Better to fugeddabout 'em and move on.
After a few months in the game is there anything that can be learned from rejections from anyone?

Poncke

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 16:57 »
As we are on the subject of FT rejections, could anyone enlighten me as to what "routing" is (included in the myriad of possible technical reasons for rejection)? I mean, I know what the word means in general but have no idea how it applies to a stock image. It's not a term that ever arises at any other site. Thanks in advance! Regards, David.

Quality of Routing is your clipping path. Jagged edges etc.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 03:31 »
Ahh..Thanks! (not applicable to me anyway). Thought it might have something to do with the categories chosen. Regards, David.

OM

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42 »
After a few months in the game is there anything that can be learned from rejections from anyone?

Probably right. I did learn a lot from iStock rejections but that was when I had just started.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 09:23 »
Such a strange system. Why can't they just place the rejection reason next to the image. They make the effort to put a giant red dot there and a "info" button which tells me - the last thing I would like to know.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30 »
Such a strange system. Why can't they just place the rejection reason next to the image. They make the effort to put a giant red dot there and a "info" button which tells me - the last thing I would like to know.

worst then that is the endless list of possible rejection reasons, can't be more absurd than that

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:36 »
ha ha indeed or vaguer ;D