MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yuri retouching 2000+ images in 24 hours?  (Read 18624 times)

« on: June 22, 2012, 12:26 »
http://arcurs.com/2012/06/retouching-more-than-2000-files-in-24-hours/
[nofollow]
Retouching that many images in such a short time is rediculous. I do quite a lot of retouching myself and know for a fact that that would be nearly impossible and the quality would suffer greatly!!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:32 »
Some of the guys don't look happy though...

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 13:10 »
we dont know how much these pics needed retouching, apart from that we are talking about 24 persons and 1 of them worked on over 250 files, which makes 1750 for other 23 (75 pics or 3 pics per hour)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 13:28 »
Sounds like a real assembly line factory to have that much content just sitting around waiting for upload.

"I had promised the entire world a site with at least 70,000 images from my collection, but we only had around 68,000 files online."

Like in the other post, I think the interest of the entire world in the number of images on a stock site is being overestimated. ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 15:00 by sjlocke »

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 14:44 »
Why is Yuri wearing a massive ID badge around his neck ... inside his own studio?

Maybe I should make myself one for when I'm sitting in front of my PC at home. It just looks more 'professional'.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 14:47 by gostwyck »

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 14:52 »
Why is Yuri wearing a massive ID badge around his neck ... inside his own studio?

Maybe I should make myself one for when I'm sitting in front of my PC at home. It just looks more 'professional'.
Don't tell me that all these years you haven't been wearing one!?!?!

I get a new one every year. It authorizes me to sit down at my own computer and access all of my own files.

So far nobody ever came by to ask me what I'm doing so I haven't had a chance to show off my massive badge but eventually it will happen, I know it...

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 14:59 »

You wouldn't need a mag card if you had a cutting edge biometric retinal scanner access system on the door to your computer room.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 15:00 »
the badge does look a litte too much, I dont think Yuri has 24 iMac, if so he would have made a video with all them like the profoto one :D so maybe its just a formality to the owner of that company

maybe this will be also featured on the reality show
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 15:02 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 15:37 »
Hmm, not sure pressuring people work to 24h would go down too well in Denmark. But no doubt all the trainees are handsomely compensated. And pleased to receive a 24h badge.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 16:13 »
Did he make them each work 24 hours straight ?

Isn't it illegal to make someone work more than 16 hours straight ?

Congratulations here have a shiny logo on your id badge. But remember mine is bigger than yours.

I suppose you can just say its a challenge and heaps cool.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 16:18 »
Depends on the country, I guess.
I sure hope he pays them good overtime and gives them time off in lieu.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 16:39 »
I wrote a play in 24 hours once.  We went in at 10 AM for the theme and criteria and returned it in at 10 the next day.  It was a great exercise!  Of course I was much younger then.  Would have a very difficult time doing it now!

Yuri_Arcurs

• One Crazy PhotoManic MadPerson
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 16:56 »

You wouldn't need a mag card if you had a cutting edge biometric retinal scanner access system on the door to your computer room.

HAHAHA! Obviously a must have for any proper computer room!!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 20:07 »
 I'll be the one with the lampshade on my head reeking of beer and gin.

Isn't that what makes a great photographer?

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 20:12 »
I once worked from 8am on Sunday to 4am on Thursday without a break but I can't recommend it ... and if I attempted it at 57 instead of 27 I would almost certainly be dead by the end.

But Yuri's effort was for nothing more important than to arrive at an arbitrary figure of approved files? That sounds a bit daft to me.

(PS Beer and gin, as recommended above, are exactly what I have been drinking tonight, so I guess I must be a great tog!)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 20:15 by BaldricksTrousers »

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 20:15 »
I once worked from 8am on Sunday to 4am on Thursday without a break but I can't recommend it ... and if I attempted it at 57 instead of 27 I would almost certainly be dead by the end.

But Yuri's effort was for nothing more important than to arrive at an arbitrary figure of approved files? That sounds a bit daft to me.

Publicity stunt, why do you think it is in video for all to see?

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 20:18 »

No I didn't video my efforts :) ... and Yuri's latest "achievement" is really rather puny by comparison. Any idiot can work for 24 or 48 hours in a stretch if they want to.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 20:25 »

No I didn't video my efforts :) ... and Yuri's latest "achievement" is really rather puny by comparison. Any idiot can work for 24 or 48 hours in a stretch if they want to.

Well here you go again...a jealous rage.  All he did was take that gap and turn it into self benefit.  2000 images short is probably nothing, but promoting that shortfall, and how he has taken steps to solve it is very positive in the public eye, especially for prospective customers. It is a pure, smart branding move.

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 20:39 »
Depends on the country, I guess.
I sure hope he pays them good overtime and gives them time off in lieu.
I'm not sure of the IR laws in Sth Africa, but given they have a massive population I'd say they aren't as pro-employee as they are here in Australia. As a business owner I'd also say that when you launch a business it's just work work work and more work, the concept of "overtime" is redundant. Being part of his launch would have been amazing and I'd say all of the retouchers were keen on the 24hr challenge just to be a part of something bigger than them.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 20:39 »
"It is a pure, smart branding move."

I'm not sure promoting that tired, bleary eyed interns rushing through hundreds of images is that great a way to attract buyers...

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 20:43 »
"It is a pure, smart branding move."

I'm not sure promoting that tired, bleary eyed interns rushing through hundreds of images is that great a way to attract buyers...

Oh Sean....it shows a lot more than that...and if I have to explain it to someone of your experience and stature, it's a lost cause.

Very smart move by Yuri from a branding standpoint, a customer commitment perspective, and the message that he is there to serve them and will do anything to meet their needs (insert video).  That is some simple sh_t....,showing customer commitment and honesty and the breadth he will go to for his customers....called branding....if you can't get that...ohy vey!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 20:54 by Mantis »

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 21:01 »

Well here you go again...a jealous rage.  All he did was take that gap and turn it into self benefit.  2000 images short is probably nothing, but promoting that shortfall, and how he has taken steps to solve it is very positive in the public eye, especially for prospective customers. It is a pure, smart branding move.

Lol... here you go again with mindless adulation. Don't let me put anything your superhero does into perspective... no I'm sure you won't.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 21:02 »

Well here you go again...a jealous rage.  All he did was take that gap and turn it into self benefit.  2000 images short is probably nothing, but promoting that shortfall, and how he has taken steps to solve it is very positive in the public eye, especially for prospective customers. It is a pure, smart branding move.

Lol... here you go again with mindless adulation. Don't let me put anything your superhero does into perspective... no I'm sure you won't.

You crack me up, Paul, but you are simply either jealous or don't understand branding.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 21:04 by Mantis »

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 21:06 »
I'm glad to oblige.

And since you know who I am and that I shoot food and travel not Yuri's stuff, why do you imagine that I am consumed with jealousy rather than simply making straighforward observations on reality?