MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Poll

How's microstock life treating ya?

Good
26 (76.5%)
Bad
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: How ya' doing?  (Read 2263 times)

« on: July 03, 2012, 03:50 »
Some folks gripe on and on about everything microstock (and probably this poll).  :o

Others enjoy the whole thing with good results.

Here is a simple blind poll to get to the bottom of how you folks are doing in regards to your microstock experience and return-on-investment. Now you silent success stories can discreetly  cast your vote  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:05 by oxman »

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:05 »
"some" ?? Anthony Robbins would either keel over or rub his hands with glee.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 18:34 »
Could always do better, and could always do worse. :P

lisafx

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 19:37 »
Wish there was a "so so" option.  I've definitely done better, leading me to want to vote "bad", but so far it still beats a real job, so that is kinda "good". 

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 21:34 »
Wish there was a "so so" option.  I've definitely done better, leading me to want to vote "bad", but so far it still beats a real job, so that is kinda "good". 

Yep, I thought about doing a gray scale version but opted for a simpler black and white conversion with high contrast  ;D

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 21:39 »
Well, I wouldn't be quitting my day job - if I had one, but since I don't and it is a boolean question, I suppose it beats the alternative - but I still wish I got more.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35 »
I voted bad because I can't ignore the fact that some sites are still cutting commissions.  It demoralises me and I'm now concentrating on other ways to make money from my photography.  Microstock was great for the first few years but I can't be happy on a slowly sinking ship.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 03:48 »
Some folks gripe on and on about everything microstock (and probably this poll).  :o

Others enjoy the whole thing with good results.

I've seen so many microstock shooters enjoy the whole thing even without good results. They are just passionate about photography and microstock.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors