pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: april sales?  (Read 7689 times)

« on: April 22, 2007, 23:30 »
ok we still have one week to go in april,but how your sales have been in april on FT
I am  sorry to say that it has been by far my worst month there,I noticed almost 50% decrease in my sales,I hope it is not something general,and you are doing better?

well,lets hope last week will be better,fingers crossed:)

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 23:37 »
I have the opposite results, it's my 2nd best month there so far (BME was Dec), helped by one EL sale (but the other good months also had EL sales). 

On the other hand DT, StockXpert and BigStock are low to me, so far I made 1/3rd of last month's earnings in each of them. Only IS is keeping its perfomance to me.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 23:56 »
My sales are very low, too.  Probably my worst month ever.  But then, this entire year has been prettyslow.  Don't know what's going on but sure would like to know.

Tina

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:21 »
So far my number of sales is a third lower than March, earnings on the other hand are close to March earnings, which means I sold more large format pics. I am not worrying though, because first of all my March earnings were helped by a lot of sales of Easter motives and there was a Easter break here, so business was rather slow right after Easter. Things picked up again last week, now I hope I can get back to what my sales were before Easter.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:34 »
My FT earnings are up by about 20%.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 02:54 »
Yes, I have also been pleased with FT.

However, just to put things into perspective, I notice that Yuri Acurs now has the same images on IS as he has on FT.  His best selling image on FT has had sales of a total of about 170.  On IS that same image has sold 1300 times in the last three months!

Nonetheless I am pleased with FT, and DT also seems to be making some progress.  Both FT and DT need to bump up their marketing and promotional activities to take them into the next league.  FT has the best chance because it seems to be generating lots of customers from Europe and could try to become market leader there.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 03:59 »
I didn't  mean to complain  because of one-or two  slow going month  as FT has been my best selling site on the whole.
but one thing though you normally expect an increase if  your portfolio increases continually.but my experience with  FT has been this way for some time but after that it came  to a stability then for the past two months a decrease has started,which is why I was worried it could be general trend among other members too.(if that's not the case then there is  nothing  to worry about.)
I agree with the above comments  I think Fotolia is very likely to play a major role in the market soon but in order to achieve that they should carry on implementing marketing strategies to help them grow more.nonetheless they are (in my oppinion) on the fastest growing agencies in the micro world)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:55 by stokfoto »

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:04 »
I'm down 40% over last month. Still 8 days to make that up though.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:49 »
A bit down on last month but I had a few el's with them last month.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 09:53 »
I don't have a large portfolio, so I'm not the best person to contribute to these conversations, but I always find Fotolia a bumpy ride.  Several days of good downloads followed by several days of no sales at all.

Also, it seems that I sell almost as many files as at DT, but $ are considerably less.   I'm not sure why - but it seems that a vast majority of my sales at Fotolia are for the smallest resolution as well.  $ don't add up very quickly.

I find their website very slow and cumbersome.  I hope this doesn't chase buyers away to the other sites with pages that load in a fraction of the time.  Unless of course, they go to DT where we make more:)

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 15:39 »
My sales in FT was consistent since last October but has been going south substantially (20-30%) since January. Confused  :-\

I'm still quite happy with FT, though, despite the recent 'slump'.

Recently uploaded a new batch, hopefully it helps  ;)

cheers.
ptlee

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 20:38 »
The microstock sites are very vague when asked about monthly sales and traffic. They don't like to give out this info. But by watching the sites since I started stocking in 2005, and by looking at the graphs on Alexa, I am convinced that April is the worst month of the year for microstock sales.

So those of us who are experiencing slack sales (and are told it is just 'ebb and llow' when we comment on it in the stock site forums) should not be too discouraged. I predict that after April sales will steadily increase until the end of the year, when they will again slump toward April, which, as TS Eliot said, is indeed the cruelest month.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 21:54 »
Hmm... never encountered Alexa before.  What a fascinating site.  Thanks for mentioning it Michael.

Yes, page views for the microstocks have been falling.

Comparing some of the micros, it appears that StockXpert is now getting more page views than FT!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 22:10 »
And if the stastistics at Alexa are correct, page views at iStock have been falling off a cliff over the last week.

Fascinating.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 22:54 »
worst month by far. 200% down from March

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 23:34 »
mine is about 80% of previous month.

From what I remember when i started stock about 2 years back. April has always been a lousy month.

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 23:38 »
And if the stastistics at Alexa are correct, page views at iStock have been falling off a cliff over the last week.

Fascinating.

yes, the Alexa charts are very interesting.

Some people will say that they are not reliable because the data comes only from the millions of people who have Alexa bars on their desktops. But from what I have surmised from the microstock forums and so on, Alexa's data seems pretty consistent with what is going on at the microstock sites.

If so, the April slowdown which the posters here complain about is not just ebb and flow, and the drop in IS traffic is indeed shocking.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 00:25 »
has been increasing since i first joined in nov 06,
til this month. very very slow this april.  :o

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 02:10 »
Should end up about the same  or slightly less than last month which was my BME on fotolia.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 06:26 »
Get rid of this guy please leaf.

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 06:31 »

I agree.  Banish him.

On top of that, some members have reported that some words are automatically replaced by other words by the forum software (such as Christmas).  Would it be possible to search for the phrase http://www.fotolia.*/partner/* and then remove it (or at least remove the last piece that is the referral - /partner/* )?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:52 by StockManiac »

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08 »
I sent a query to Fotolia about him, including about 8 links to sites which he spammed. So hopefully he will be banned from Fotolia soon.  ;)

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 11:21 »

Am I missing something?

Who are you talking about and why?

I appreciate any explanation ???

Claude

edit: ok, I see and I agree! (just red the other thread :-\ )
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:23 by le_cyclope »