MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Poll

What do you think of the post ratings?

It's a dumb idea!!
12 (35.3%)
I like it.
22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Post Ratings. Dumb idea or useful?  (Read 11703 times)

« on: August 26, 2012, 13:43 »
What do you think? Is it a nice feature to be able to rate a person's post?  ... or is it just useless

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 14:00 »
What do you think? Is it a nice feature to be able to rate a person's post?  ... or is it just useless
Good to have thumbs up and thumbs down (or equivalent) to give a gauge of group opinion on any topic. Just for interest.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 14:02 »
It's just going to create the same kind of thing that ignore does. And if you disagree with a post, even though it may be a good, meaningful one-sided post, it will get negative rating by the opposition. :-\ ;)

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 14:21 »
I must be on Facebook too much.  I often use the thumbs up.  I don't need to get the "useful" emails though.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 14:24 »
Good to have thumbs up and thumbs down (or equivalent) to give a gauge of group opinion on any topic. Just for interest.

I agree with that. Not that the gauge means anything useful, just confirms if I am in a minority or majority with my way of thinking.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 14:48 »
I don't use it often, but I think there's value in the forum equivalent of the Facebook "Like" to let someone know you thought their post was particularly useful.

I don't need a thumbs down as you just skip those posts (and if it's a whole series of them, you ignore the poster).

We are talking about what used to be the heart button, corred?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 15:43 »
+1
I don't use it often, but I think there's value in the forum equivalent of the Facebook "Like" to let someone know you thought their post was particularly useful.

I don't need a thumbs down as you just skip those posts (and if it's a whole series of them, you ignore the poster).

Yeah, it would essentially be the heart button - with a little more visibility of what people think. It is already installed so you can test it out.  I'll remove it if it is useless.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 15:52 »

Yeah, it would essentially be the heart button - with a little more visibility of what people think. It is already installed so you can test it out.  I'll remove it if it is useless.

Where? I don't see it.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 15:56 »

Where? I don't see it.

Sorry, I messed up on the permissions.  You should see it now

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 15:57 »
can we see the members with most ratings quickly or we need to check forum stats? which I can't find anymore

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 16:58 »

Where? I don't see it.

I still don't see it. Where is it supposed to show up, where the heart used to be?

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 17:01 »

Where? I don't see it.

I still don't see it. Where is it supposed to show up, where the heart used to be?

on the opposite side :)

velocicarpo

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 17:10 »
I definitely like it ;-)

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 17:45 »
I can't see it anywhere (Chrome  21.0.1180.82, Mac OSX 10.8.1). Is there some preference I have to enable to see it?

CD123

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 17:57 »
+1
I can't see it anywhere (Chrome  21.0.1180.82, Mac OSX 10.8.1). Is there some preference I have to enable to see it?

It has a small + sign on the top left and the words "Rate This Post". If you click on the + it opens a area with 5 stars. I just rated your post 2 stars=OK. Can you see that?

rubyroo

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 17:58 »
Have we lost the hearts and our heart scores?  :'(  I preferred that.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 18:05 »
I was using Firefox and I didnt see anything like that. Now im on my Galaxy Tab and I dont see anything here either.  :(

ShadySue

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 18:07 »
I was using Firefox and I didnt see anything like that. Now im on my Galaxy Tab and I dont see anything here either.  :(

Me neither.
This is what I'm getting FF 14.0.1; Win 7:

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 18:12 »
thats curious, I am also on Win 7 and Firefox 14.0.1 and I see it :)

RacePhoto

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 20:39 »
+1

Looks like this: 
Up Left

But I want a negative so it's not all, love. I mean, it gets a 1 for "I disagree" wouldn't it be better if it was something like 5 = +3, 4=+2, 3 = 1, 2 = -1 and 1 = -2, so it's still slightly positive weighting, but at least disagreeing isn't a PLUS. OK make the 1 a -1 and 2 = +1? (there are no zeros in any of these schemes.

I'd love to be able to hit a troll post with a -1 or -2!

ps I gave Leaf's OP a five stars just to see what happens. Nice!

Useful? Is anything we do here, actually "useful". ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 20:41 by RacePhoto »

ShadySue

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 20:44 »
Useful? Is anything we do here, actually "useful". ???
Oh yes: catharsis is therapeutic.  ;D

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 23:34 »
+1

It has a small + sign on the top left and the words "Rate This Post". If you click on the + it opens a area with 5 stars. I just rated your post 2 stars=OK. Can you see that?

I tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Logged in, I can see neither the rate this post message nor the stars. Logged out, I can see the stars - I assume you can't rate if you aren't a member, so that makes sense.

Perhaps it's the type or status of certain members that determines who can see these items and who not?

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 00:35 »
Just to support Jsnover :  I'm on IE9 and I can't see it either ...

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 00:51 »
sorry, I think it was the premium members who can't see it ... fixes coming soon

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 01:11 »
Just to support Jsnover :  I'm on IE9 and I can't see it either ...

IE9 here as well - not showing for me. I voted against it anyway so not a problem! I thought this was a forum where if you agree/disagree with a post you could reply publicly. Regards, David.