pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Problems in building up a niche market potfolio  (Read 10914 times)

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 17:49 »

@ Oldhand: At our 2.800 sqm compound are several residential and commercial buildings constructed. At present there are 7 households with about 25 persons aged 1-84 years living there. Plus several pigs, dogs (Dobermann, English Bulldog, Rottweiler and Labrador plus mixtures of all...), cats, chicken, roosters, rabbits, pigeons, ducks, frogs, lizards and sometimes a snail. It`s like a zoo. One of our youngsters is studying vetenarian and takes care of all animals. Unfortunately there is no caretaker for some of the noisy and drunk humans...

your use of the word "compound" makes it sound Amish or Mormon... until the alcohol bit. :)
could be fun to try to do some pics of animals lined up.

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 20:03 »
you'll learn that diff agencies have diff likes and dislikes. 123 is pretty easy to get accepted on. when I first started submitting I uploaded some snaps to them and they were all accepted, I was so happy. zero sales on those images though, due to lcv (low commercial value).

you may also learn that despite your pics being a "byproduct" of your real work, you end up spending a lot of time on them and the return doesn't justify it (compared to your mailorder business).
You are right. So far my 123rf portfolio is 225 pics but no sales yet. IS and DT rejected my first samples while at DT they are commenting the reasons for each photo. This is most helpful to figure out the problems. The time consumption is not yet a problem because the photo project is something like a hobby or challenge to me. Other guys of my age do have more expensive "toys".