MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Downright steal of copyrights on large scale prints...!  (Read 4447 times)

« on: October 07, 2012, 10:15 »
I went to see a show on ecological house building a few days back. Overall it was pretty nice with lots of good ideas, but I found one company who sold lots to build on... and he advertised his company on a vertical stand banner... With all blurry images took on Google and some with the Watermark CLEARLY evident on them... without any shame...

Sorry for the poor picture I was walking with a baby in one arm and camera on my neck:
Image here:
http://www.morphartcreation.com/shutterCopyright.JPG

He had a few of those, some with Dreamstime, 123rf or Shutterstock watermark.

I don't even understand why the print company even allowed this to be printed. I email him about this, and mentionned it to Shutterstock, but still it's impressive to see how people are either uninformed about copyrights or they just don't care thinking it's only for their small local business, but hell what is a few 10$ for a business longterm advertising. What a shame!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:41 by Morphart »

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:22 »
I dont see it! Where?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:41 »
You had to scroll horizontally the image was too large. Just click the link now :P

Poncke

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:42 »
On the poster display board

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:46 »
For the life of me I don't understand how public prints like this one can get through QC either at the printing company or when the customer picks up his product.

Most likely the customer designed the banners him/herself and insisted them to be printed like that.

No idea how these business owners ever believe they can be successful with ethics like this...

Poncke

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 13:07 »
I dont understand how he got a large enough version to print that big with watermark. Or is that the comp DL?

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 13:21 »
I dont understand how he got a large enough version to print that big with watermark. Or is that the comp DL?
Does it really matter? Most likely he upsized it like there is no tomorrow. AS OP noted: they were really blurry.

Poncke

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 14:17 »
Does it really matter? Most likely he upsized it like there is no tomorrow. AS OP noted: they were really blurry.

No it doesnt matter, just asking to get educated on it. I hope thats ok with you.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 14:30 »
No it's not ok with me - jk

If they printed the banner at 72 dpi it's no "problem" to print a blurry preview image as seen here. I'm sure some of us tried to print something before that was not suited for the print resolution and the result is blurriness heaven.

Since the the OP mentioned it was blurry I thought it was common knowledge that the designer of the banner obviously used a watermarked preview or comp image and the printer had to upscale it which inevitably led to the blurriness.

Usually those banners are printed at higher resolutions anyway so a high resolution base material is imperative for a nice print.

velocicarpo

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 14:54 »
I went to see a show on ecological house building a few days back. Overall it was pretty nice with lots of good ideas, but I found one company who sold lots to build on... and he advertised his company on a vertical stand banner... With all blurry images took on Google and some with the Watermark CLEARLY evident on them... without any shame...

Sorry for the poor picture I was walking with a baby in one arm and camera on my neck:
Image here:
http://www.morphartcreation.com/shutterCopyright.JPG

He had a few of those, some with Dreamstime, 123rf or Shutterstock watermark.

I don't even understand why the print company even allowed this to be printed. I email him about this, and mentionned it to Shutterstock, but still it's impressive to see how people are either uninformed about copyrights or they just don't care thinking it's only for their small local business, but hell what is a few 10$ for a business longterm advertising. What a shame!

Whats the name of the company? I would be in good humor to drop them a line :D

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 18:02 »
They most likely speak French, I already dropped them a line along with an email to Shutterstock, at least he'll get ''educated by this'' I hope:
His company and contact info here: http://www.petitham.com/contact.php

He most likely has no clue, I gave him a few :P