MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Is Istockphoto Exclusivity photography or photographer?  (Read 5426 times)

humannet

• www.jxsy.org
« on: October 19, 2012, 19:50 »
Please anyone know the answer? Can I have couple images in other sites that are not in istockphoto, when I become exclusivity to istockphoto? Thanks

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 20:03 »
Nope.  That's what exclusivity means.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 20:32 »
You can have different images that are sold under rights managed licenses at other sites (such as alamy) but no royalty free images anywhere else.

humannet

• www.jxsy.org
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 20:45 »
You can have different images that are sold under rights managed licenses at other sites (such as alamy) but no royalty free images anywhere else.
Thanks a lot!

humannet

• www.jxsy.org
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 20:46 »
This is not reasonable.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 20:53 »
This is not reasonable.

'Not reasonable' for you, I guess.  Works for others.

humannet

• www.jxsy.org
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 21:06 »
This is not reasonable.

yes, if it could largely enhance your sale , need to do a lot of clean work in the future! :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 21:08 by humannet »

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 22:59 »
This is not reasonable.

Does it? That's not exactly the message I'm getting from iStock's forum.

Poncke

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 01:33 »
What, wait, huh? So, if I am exclusive with IS, all images I produce need to be sold on their site?

So, if I have 10 photos, and I put 9 exclusive on IS, and 1 on all other sites, except IS, that is not allowed under exclusivity ?

I though exclusivity meant, the photos you put on IS are exclusive to them. I thought the photos where exclusive, not the photographer.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 02:54 »
^^^^ You thought wrong.

Poncke

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30 »
^^^^ You thought wrong.
Fair enough. Other sites offer photo exclusivity, threw me off

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 05:54 »
This is not reasonable.

Does it? That's not exactly the message I'm getting from iStock's forum.

Indeed. Posted by a diamond exclusive with >87000 mixed media sales:
"I completely agree! I just logged in to see a brand new landing page and a category of Sports and Fitness... something right up my alley. So i clicked it and couldn't find myself in the top twenty some pages. Considering I probably have close to a 1000 images in that theme not to be in the top first 20 pages per best match (sorted by 200image/page) is ludicrous!  I see crappy images of poker chips on white background before any of my images (frankly i gave up looking for my images as it's just a waste of time after 20 pages as most customer will go that far). I've been on istock over 10 years. In the last 4-5 years I've made name for myself in the fitness industry and work with numerous fitness magazines. Although i can't upload majority of the work I do I still do upload a fair amount in a similar fashion what i shoot for the mags. And to see the search result off the main page just solidifies my belief that istock just is not interested in my work and business. Perfectly fine with me. I've made my peace with that already and WILL NEVER UPLOAD A SINGLE IMAGE to this company!"

However, it may still be working well for Sean and some others; though I don't see much cause for joy in the Sept stats (Sean was one of the few non-newbies who had a slight improvement to report), and no evidence so far from what I read that Oct sales are any better.