MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: GO STOCK, a new free tool to upload your files to the microstocks  (Read 18636 times)

« on: January 02, 2013, 02:42 »
+1
Hi there,
I want to introduce a new free service we have developed at MyMicrostock.net.
It is a very easy application to upload your files to all agencies at the same time.

You can read more about this new software here:
http://www.mymicrostock.net/descargas/go-stock-english/

VIDEOTUTORIAL:

Videotutorial GO Stock English [HD]

I hope you find it helpful!

Regards,
Victor

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:42 by soma »

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29 »
Nice of you to put this together. It seems simple but effective...it's certainly something I think I could use so I'll give it a try. Thanks

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:42 »
That's exactly what we wanted to develop, a simple but easy application. Just drag & drop and GO! We really need time for shooting and retouching... not for uploading :)

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44 »
really nice tool, I love it, how many agencies can we add? any limit?

it would be nice to have an import/export option for the list of agencies, just in case any bad thing happen ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:40 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 13:21 »
Hi Luis!

There's no limits. You can add as many agencies as you want (of course, only those who offer FTP access).

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 20:48 »
Well, i guess i will be the one who looks a gift horse in the mouth.

But how are our pass words/acct info protected. Do you get them are they encripted?

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45 »
Two questions.

1) Can you talk about password security? I use Fetch as my FTP client and I happily store them in presets on the understanding that these are local data on my Mac only and not saved by the application in any external location. Obviously that matters as for most agencies the information is the same as that which could be used to divert funds from our accounts. I'm sure you do the right thing, but the video doesn't address this issue and I think it needs to.

2) What about agencies like PhotoDune where you need to upload model/property releases into a folder - sub folder - at the same time as you upload the images and before you process them? There doesn't appear to be anything automated to do this, so would you have to have two separate presets in Go Stock, one for the releases with a different folder and the other for the images? I've never tried doing this in two separate FTP sessions, but it could be OK from the site's point of view as long as you upload both pieces prior to processing

Given my workflow, I'm not sure how I'd incorporate this. It might be easier to do if I could save the log file (and it'd be nice to have a button versus having to cut and paste it into a text editor). Is that possible?

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:31 »
+2
Two questions.

1) Can you talk about password security? I use Fetch as my FTP client and I happily store them in presets on the understanding that these are local data on my Mac only and not saved by the application in any external location. Obviously that matters as for most agencies the information is the same as that which could be used to divert funds from our accounts. I'm sure you do the right thing, but the video doesn't address this issue and I think it needs to.

Yours is a very good point. I had been a microstocker myself (and still am) for more than 5 years and when I started this project, this was one of my strongest request to the developing team. In fact, now that you have pointed it out I become aware I should include the information I'm about to tell you on the downloading page for the future users to know.

GO Stock stores all the information related to agencies into a single encrypted local file under the /config/data folder, with the name agencies.go, as well as other two encrypted files for the collection of uploading files (files.go) and the last transferring report (report.go). The important bit here is that (as you guessed)  this DATA IS LOCAL and only local AND NOT SAVED BY THE APPLICATION IN ANY EXTERNAL LOCATION.

Somebody who gained access to our hard drive could copy our agencies.go file and then use it with its own copy of GO Stock but that won't be a problem at all because the application DO NOT SHOW ANY PASSWORDS and only works in one direction, which is upload, i.e.: the only thing that could be done with this file is... upload files into our account. In fact, that could turn into an advantage, I share my agencies.go file with the people on GO Software (the application developers) for they to run the tests while they still don't know my passwords.

2) What about agencies like PhotoDune where you need to upload model/property releases into a folder - sub folder - at the same time as you upload the images and before you process them? There doesn't appear to be anything automated to do this, so would you have to have two separate presets in Go Stock, one for the releases with a different folder and the other for the images? I've never tried doing this in two separate FTP sessions, but it could be OK from the site's point of view as long as you upload both pieces prior to processing

You're right. GO Stock v1.0.1 is the first step into an easy basic tool for many reasons; first of all, we decided to keep it simple and include only some easy features. We didn't know it was going to work so well and would had so many people using it this soon. On the other hand, we hope that our donation scheme works because that will let us to raise funds to keep paying developers into improving the product. In fact, our two main features to include in the next version should be: 1) model/property releases link and 2) meta tags editing.

Given my workflow, I'm not sure how I'd incorporate this. It might be easier to do if I could save the log file (and it'd be nice to have a button versus having to cut and paste it into a text editor). Is that possible?

He he. Believe it or not, there was some differences of opinion on this matter during developing. Programmers liked the way they did, whereas I argued it should be done the way you propose. Eventually, I accepted on their point on the condition that they would include this feature if people started asking about it. Now I'll be very glad and happy to translate your request to the team :)

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46 »
Thanks for the detailed reply

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12 »
Well, and... what do you reckon? Did you give a try to the application? I am truly interested in your opinion and I would be very honoured having some feedback from you :)

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 00:49 »
I've been using Go Stock and it seems great. I submit to several agnencies without a problem. There are some that don't seem to work, like Alamy and Kozzi.

What does bother me is that it "successfully" submits to 123rf, but my images never show up there. I wait a few days to make sure and still nothing. Any idea why it would do this?

Other than that, thanks for a wonderful time-saver!

steheap

• Author of best selling "Get Started in Stock"

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57 »
This is becoming a popular area for development! As people here know, I've been working with StockUploader and that is now in great shape for release soon as V2.

Back to Go Stock - does it upload multiple files in parallel to make best use of available bandwidth to my ISP, and what are the plans for Veer?

Steve

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 15:42 »
Looks good. I will give it a try too. Thank you for sharing this tool!

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50 »
+1
Hi guys!

just would like to point out a little thing: i am the developer of stockuploader, i've seen the post steve made up here, and i would like to point out that in many posts about Stockuploader (and even on my homepage) i have talked to people about GOSTOCK. we are not trying to take people away from gostock in any way. its just a open sharing of informations and available tools.  i tried it myself and gave the developers a feedback, and so did they with stockuploader.
 Gostock is a great tool, in some ways similar and in some ways different from Stockuploader.
its just a matter of personal taste! :)

not that anybody said somethign bad, i just wanted to be sure that everybody knows that we are not being unfair with gostock. :)

Ciao

Igor
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:53 by sharkyenergy »

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 21:52 »
I've looked everywhere I can to find an answer to this question but so far no luck. I've been playing around with GoStock and don't know how to get it to handle editorial images. I thought I could create a folder called "editorial" but that didn't work ... I got an error message when I tried to upload. I was wondering if anyone had some input on this.

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 08:06 »
Hello ArturoDV96,

There's nothing really to 'handle' for editorial. You can set up any new agency using the proper user and password plus folder (only if needed) and then upload your editorial images into it, if they let you do it. If you need any type of support, don't hesitate to ask us at newbielink:mailto:[email protected] [nonactive]

Saludos,
   GO Software.