pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Needed: Easier Sign Ups Needed  (Read 4634 times)

JerryL5

• Blessed by God's wonderful love.
« on: January 18, 2013, 16:04 »
You want to sign with a new site.
Easy, just read and agree to the online documents. All ten pages of 'em.
I know they have to cover the bases, but can't the process be simpler?

Maybe you don't have a problem with that. Do you bother to read it all, or any of it?

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 16:09 »
few do - except Sean, I imagine. :)

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 16:15 »
If you're planning to upload, you do need to read the contract that you're signing. It's a pain, and one can certainly skim or speed read once you get the gist of what's in each section, but given the problems of handing over your valuable property to an business that either isn't above board or has some onerous conditions, it's in your best interests to do so.

Every job has its miserable chores :)

JerryL5

• Blessed by God's wonderful love.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:16 »
Makes perfect sense, js, thanks.

If you're planning to upload, you do need to read the contract that you're signing. It's a pain, and one can certainly skim or speed read once you get the gist of what's in each section, but given the problems of handing over your valuable property to an business that either isn't above board or has some onerous conditions, it's in your best interests to do so.

Every job has its miserable chores :)

RacePhoto

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 15:01 »
few do - except Sean, I imagine. :)

I may have read them word for word, but since I'm only with a few top sites, I clicked yes and said to myself: "does reading all this change anything?" Either click yes and accept or go away. The terms aren't negotiable are they?

Kind of like walking into a restaurant and asking, how much is your cheeseburger. Well fine to know, but it's not going to change the price and you  aren't going to be able to say "that's too high, I'll give you less."

Same with agencies. We can either accept or reject the terms.

So did I mention I'm only with a few? That's why. I rejected the terms of the rest, or they changed midstream, and I left, or they offered low expectations.

Rumor has it, I'm just waiting to fall off the turnip truck, soon there will be one less agency contract, to be concerned about terms and conditions. These places change them and make up new terms, on the run. I think the appropriate definition is Scallywags.

Getty By Night
 :)