pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: deactivation reasons? post your best ones  (Read 9037 times)

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:36 »
I've been writing "you know why" but I'm thinking if we all used the same or similar it might have more impact?  anyone got any good #hashtags going?

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:55 »
I cannot find out, what you want with this post.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:28 »
I cannot find out, what you want with this post.
If I remember right back from the days where I deleted my IS-port you have to write a reason in a box why you deactivate the file...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:46 by incarno »

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:03 »
Yup.
I doubt if anyone ever reads them, and I've just put 'Google'.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04 »
And even better  >:( gugldrive >:(

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25 »
+2
I put in Getty/Istock Breach of Trust.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:48 »
+1
Google Drive, Low Royalties, Forced Migration to the Partner Program. You can put down any of those or all of them. I think I put down the low royalties and partner program when I deleted mine a couple of years ago. I just kept the reason in a text file and copied and pasted it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:50 by cthoman »

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24 »
+1
When I deactivated my files back when they introduced the RC scheme I put in "Selling via Istock is unsustainable".
That certainly would still be valid today...

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 11:37 »
+1
I just put 'Appalled at Google deal, please remove my images from all partner programs immediately'.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59 »
+1
We certainly need some good catchy phrases for D-Day. Playing off the above, "Giving away images via Istock/Getty/Google is unsustainable"

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 12:30 »
+2
"To protect my IP from being usurped by Getty."

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 13:01 »
I just enter a single dot: .
Anything else is a waste of time and pixels, IMHO.
Mr. Klein should do a brainstorming session with Ms. Rockefellar and iStockLawyer followed by 10 hours of meditation if they want to discover the hidden meaning in my profound statement and achieve enlightment.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 13:02 »
+2
I put in "Lobo" for some a while ago. Also a long detailed list of grievances I cut and pasted. I think I put the entire ASA into some.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 14:27 »
Oh.
I put "boycot" in.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 17:09 »
I think they already know the reason.

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 18:59 »
Yup.
I doubt if anyone ever reads them, and I've just put 'Google'.

I think someone is reading them.  In the CBarnes thread, Logo is pondering on what to do with people who deactivate their images, who want to come back, should they be allowed in the forums etc . . . and his last comment is "well you should see some of the super comments left behind on these deactivated files. I guess that might inform some of our decisions on a case by case basis. Again, spit balls."   I guess at least he is reading them. 

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 19:34 »
>>>  "... Logo (Lobo, I guess)  is pondering on what to do with people who deactivate their images, who want to come back, should they be allowed in the forums etc . . . and his last comment is "well you should see some of the super comments left behind on these deactivated files. I guess that might inform some of our decisions on a case by case basis"   

This seems just the latest in a series of not-so-thinly veiled threats...  This is one of the reasons I have largely refrained from posting in any of the 'discussion' forums in iStock.   Given that Mr McBurney is charged with ",,, He ensures discussions are productive and keeps things on the rails and civil. ..." (http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=341795&page=1),  he is doing a great job of agent provocateur, derailing any discussion on the actual issues, while encouraging trolling and intra-contributer back-biting, with his own idiosyncratic mix of impenetrable one-liners and non-sequiturs (at least to a British audience).   

My knee-jerk reaction is to jump in again to the forums, to ventilate my own quite irritated rebuttals, but having let off a bit of steam here, I will probably refrain just to reduce the level of noise. 

On topic again....  I may not de-activate many images, but the reason will be "I completely disagree that my agent / distributor is able to make secret deals with third parties allowing uncontrolled distribution of my copyright material..."

Sorry - that's a bit longer than I wanted to post ...

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 19:46 »
this is what i put in.
"Its so bad what you have done to all your loyal contributors. you should be ashamed of yourself. what would your mother say?!"

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 00:41 »
+1
I had been writing "you know why #feb2" and other clever things and simply pasting it in.  yesterday  by mistake I pasted in an email that I was sending to my cousins, an invitation up to our beach house this week end. I must have sent that email in between (and i'd cutnpaste some info over for another invite).

I was working so fast I pressed the Deactivate button. oops :D

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57 »
+4
I think I'll be pasting :  "I am the only one allowed to decide if this image is given away for free, not Getty".

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 12:16 »
I had been writing "you know why #feb2" and other clever things and simply pasting it in.  yesterday  by mistake I pasted in an email that I was sending to my cousins, an invitation up to our beach house this week end. I must have sent that email in between (and i'd cutnpaste some info over for another invite).

The real oops would be if someone from iStock shows up this weekend :)

But aren't you in Australia? So that cuts down the likelihood of a visitor from Canada

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 22:12 »
+1

The real oops would be if someone from iStock shows up this weekend :)

But aren't you in Australia? So that cuts down the likelihood of a visitor from Canada

in that case I'll make it an open invitation to all:

"Well the xmas season has come and gone and we didn't get a chance to catch up.

We are hoping to make our way back to the Sunshine Coast (and actually get some sunshine this time) this week end and would love you to join us.

I realise it's short notice but we've been watching the weather and, fingers crossed, it's looking ok.  Let me know if you can make it."

:D

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 22:22 »
+2
Vannphoto I'm laughing so hard at that - you probably made someone's day there, probably the nicest one they got!   ;D ;D

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:13 »
+1

... in that case I'll make it an open invitation to all:

"Well the xmas season has come and gone and we didn't get a chance to catch up.

We are hoping to make our way back to the Sunshine Coast (and actually get some sunshine this time) this week end and would love you to join us.

I realise it's short notice but we've been watching the weather and, fingers crossed, it's looking ok.  Let me know if you can make it."

:D

Hmmm, I'm going to a funeral this morning, then to see Donny & Marie tonight, and spending time with the family tomorrow; but other than that, the weather is dreich here, so I'm totally there.  8)

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03 »
weather update here on the Sunshine Coast: a perfect day, warm but a light breeze to remove the humidity. Surf still a little rough following last week's megastorm, so we just dropped in and out of the pool all day. One bottle of champagne down, about to open a Sem. xo

I'm now typing "Feb 2: showing support for my fellow artists"