MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Exclusive Differences ?  (Read 2436 times)

« on: February 27, 2013, 05:24 »
I am new to stock photography and trying to understand the exclusive options. If you are a exclusive contributor on a Micro site then all your photography can only be sold through them?

Can the Exclusive Contributor place images on other sites as long as they are not the same pictures place on the site you are a Exclusive Contributor on? If so can the pictures be similar in nature for example from the same photo shoot?

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36 »
I am new to stock photography and trying to understand the exclusive options. If you are a exclusive contributor on a Micro site then all your photography can only be sold through them? Generally, yes...with the exception of your next question.

Can the Exclusive Contributor place images on other sites as long as they are not the same pictures place on the site you are a Exclusive Contributor on? If so can the pictures be similar in nature for example from the same photo shoot?
Some sites like Dreamstime allow image exclusivity as opposed to artist exclusivity, but you also have the choice of becoming artist exclusive with them as well if you so choose.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:45 »
+1
You need to just go to each site you are interested in, and read up.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:48 »
You need to just go to each site you are interested in, and read up.

^^^that too

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:49 »
You can read some reviews of agencies at this blog site to give yourself an overview

http://www.microstockdiaries.com/

I would say that at the moment, image exclusivity is a reasonable proposition, but agency exclusivity - given how badly most of the agences are or have been behaving - is a pretty risk proposition

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 17:44 »
What I am trying to understand is for example, lets say I am exclusive to iStock, does that mean I can only submit all my work to iStock and no other Micro-stock sites, or does it mean only the photos I submit to iStock are exclusive and any photos I don't submit to them I can submit to other sites?

So lets say you take some shots of a Cup one view is from the top the other view from the side. I submit the top view to iStock but not the side view, can I then submit that side view to other sites?

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 17:45 »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 15:50 by Audi 5000 »

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 17:47 »
If you are exclusive with iStock, you may not sell any photos as RF elsewhere. It is a photographer exclusivity. You are free to sell RM, prints etc.

Other sites offer image exclusivity. Maybe others can share the different sites' regulations on sisters/similars such as you describe.

Presumably you can also get this info from each site, though.

As you say you are new, why not play the field for a while and see what works best for your port?

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 17:49 »
What I am trying to understand is for example, lets say I am exclusive to iStock, does that mean I can only submit all my work to iStock and no other Micro-stock sites, or does it mean only the photos I submit to iStock are exclusive and any photos I don't submit to them I can submit to other sites?

So lets say you take some shots of a Cup one view is from the top the other view from the side. I submit the top view to iStock but not the side view, can I then submit that side view to other sites?

http://www.istockphoto.com/sell-stock-photos-exclusivity.php

Wallah.