MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Progress Report  (Read 7170 times)

Leo Blanchette

« on: March 19, 2013, 13:08 »
+7
Always hopeful I keep assuming things are just a few days away. I'm still plugging away on certain aspects of network and search so that nobody has to tolerate any errors.

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 17:26 »
+9
Literally, within 48 hours you will be able to download this. Finishing up paypal system now. Will be working out some final things...maybe get a "starting up" tutorial made...and you'll be ready to go.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 17:28 »
+3
+1000

stocked

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 17:29 »
Great :) :D ;D :)

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 17:35 »

is there a moneybookers possibility in later phase  for us in countries paypal doesn't seem to like ?

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 18:48 »
+1
Hard to say. Lots of request. But the original thread with the title "Developers wanted" never actually succeeded in getting more developers. That puzzles me. Chances are it will be just me fixing the initial bugs and slowly building in more features.

farbled

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 22:04 »
+1
Hard to say. Lots of request. But the original thread with the title "Developers wanted" never actually succeeded in getting more developers. That puzzles me. Chances are it will be just me fixing the initial bugs and slowly building in more features.
I'd help if I had the chops to do something useful. I have to wait and help test it out. I can't hardly wait. Thanks for putting so much into this.

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 00:53 »
If you want an email when I release this, and you haven't already contact me, please let me know: leo[at]symbiostock.com

HEADACHE! FATIGUE! Wow... getting close. I have to bump release up till monday just due to things.

I had meant to release the package today, but still a little to be done on the paypal end. Plus I'm trying to get automatic updates working properly, and I think I might have a little help on that.

But, so that you have something to look forward to, here are some things I've completely implemented today, besides the paypal system:

1. Primarly for istock exclusive people - you can make the image inactive (taking away the product table) and have referral links there instead. In the event you drop your exclusivity, you can activate all images for sale in a second! :D But at least Istock exclusive people can play too now. Same for fotolia and other sites that have exclusive image programs.

2. You can have referral links to other agencies regardless of the image being active. Some people might want to do that...

3. Paypal can be toggled between sandbox and live. That way you can test your site in a simulated payment environment before making payments live. You might want to do this just to verify customers will have a streamlined experience and everything is working.

4. Also you should be aware that your website will email me when you deploy the Symbiostock theme. That way I know how many deployments are happening.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 05:09 »

1. Primarly for istock exclusive people - you can make the image inactive (taking away the product table) and have referral links there instead. In the event you drop your exclusivity, you can activate all images for sale in a second! :D But at least Istock exclusive people can play too now. Same for fotolia and other sites that have exclusive image programs.

At this first moment, i'll set my site this way.  Thanks a lot.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 13:04 »
Again, great work!

Keep it up. And hopefully we see it go live tomorrow :)

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 05:11 »
See video links.

www.clipartillustration.com/freefiles/massedits.swf

www.clipartillustration.com/freefiles/checkout.swf

As you can see, the checkout is working, but I have to make it a bit prettier and simply activate the download functionality :D. You can see the ability to toggle between a testing environment and live for paypal. BTW, all that info in the paypal window is fake...

You can also see a demo of mass-edits on all images, and individual images ... turning on and off parts of the product table, managing referral links, and so forth.

You can also see some of the network functions and modals going in an online environment (notice the cute loading circle).

I'd be surprised if I didn't have this released by Monday night (Hawaii time of course).

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 08:09 »
After watching the vids, I would definitely want to be part of this even though I need to learn a whole lot about it. Not up to speed on programming.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32 »
Hopefully some kind person will produce an easy to follow tutorial on how to set up a site and change the look.  I'm already learning more about video editing and how to use all the Linux alternatives to the programs I used to use in windows.  Really don't have much room left in my tiny brain for anything else at the moment :)

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:50 »
Videos look great.

I probably missed something and of course I don't want to to dump more work on you but I couldn't see pricing options for png files.

Would I just have to use the vector pricing for png files? Or did your example just not contain a png version and was therefore not listed?

I think you mentioned the system would generate all file types automatically as long as the file name is the same. Is that correct?
Will png then show up if it has been uploaded as well?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and interrupting your workflow...

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00 »
+2
Hi everyone I forgot to mention the theme itself is at bare bones minimum for testing and add to that the demo you see there is a fresh install of wordpress and the theme...so it looks a little blah. I hope to release it today with a small startup tutorial. Regarding png price yes png can be uploaded if transparency option is desired and if you upload named jpeg it will take meta from jpg to create page info. Pricing for png right now is based on large but I can change that soon. It also generates transp preview. Png only available as large.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:03 by Leo »

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 11:03 »
Hi everyone I forgot to mention the theme itself is at bare bones minimum for testing and add to that the demo you see there is a fresh install of wordpress and the theme...so it looks a little blah. I hope to release it today with a small startup tutorial. Regarding png price yes png can be uploaded if transparency option is desired and if you upload named jpeg it will take meta from jpg to create page info. Pricing for png right now is based on large but I can change that soon. It also generates transp preview. Png only available as large.
Perfect!

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 19:57 »
+1
One or two hours from now! Just doing some last minute checks.

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 20:56 »
click_click I was wrong. PNG is available at any size (and is transparent if you upload that way).

PNG does not have a special pricing system, but the pricing system gives a flat rate of amount-per-size at upload.

You can follow it up and set special PNG prices after upload though.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 22:58 »
click_click I was wrong. PNG is available at any size (and is transparent if you upload that way).

PNG does not have a special pricing system, but the pricing system gives a flat rate of amount-per-size at upload.

You can follow it up and set special PNG prices after upload though.
Sounds terrific!

Leo Blanchette

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 23:02 »
+1
Making Intro videos now!

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 23:06 »
Making Intro videos now!
It's late here now, so I won't be installing it today but I sure can't wait until I wake up tomorrow to get this going!

8)

hotwalkn

• ...I have a lens fetish...

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 10:53 »
+2
OMG! Perfect thread to post my excitement! ;D

I F I N A L L Y figured out how to work with the child template! 8) Its a bit of a trial and error start for me, but the possibilities are endless now.  ;)

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25 »
I know the feeling - the excitement and even more the trial and error - you should see my child css I keep trying to tidy it up but have no idea what most of it is once I have got what I wanted :D

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 20:45 »
I know the feeling - the excitement and even more the trial and error - you should see my child css I keep trying to tidy it up but have no idea what most of it is once I have got what I wanted :D

I used html comments above every change i made so i would remember what was what!

hotwalkn

• ...I have a lens fetish...

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 21:53 »
I am at a screeching halt with uploads. No matter how I upload (including ftp) the system gives me the long winded error codes - no meta data - and will not process any of the images to draft. I even deleted all images from folder. Deleted and reloaded the Symbiostock theme and tried to load a mere 6 images. It won't load anything.