MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Has anybody used CMSAccount  (Read 3711 times)

Batman

« on: April 18, 2013, 09:21 »
http://cmsaccount.com/  Photo Video Selling Script, any good.

admin edit: Thread title modified - Please use descriptive thread titles.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 14:46 by leaf »

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 14:02 »
http://cmsaccount.com/  Photo Video Selling Script, any good.

Yes, I just set up my shop with this script (lite version).

Works pretty good. Installation was simple, basic configuration was easy, the customization difficulty depends on your technical knowledge. Luckily, they have good customer support; just send them an email with any questions and they will give you either instructions or a fix. You can also try the forums, but there they're a little less responsive.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 14:12 »
+2
I bought the script early January. I feel it is more directed at setting up an agency than a photographer's personal site. So I ended up deep into the php-side of the script. I never really followed through because I heard of the Leo's Symbiostock (SY) project. That's the route I am going now. So that is what I'd recommend to you, too. The community aspect of SY is much more fun and it's unique networking/SEO feature might make the difference between failure and success in the end.

Check it out, you can't miss the SY threads on MSG  ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 14:22 »
+1
You might search the site. There are a few threads about it, Ktools and other direct sales platforms.

RacePhoto

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17 »
I'm probably going with Symbiostock if I ever get around to installing WordPress and understanding it at all. Then SY will be the next step and it looks like the project is moving along, from viewing others sites.

Why pay when someone like Leo has finally come up with an interesting way to link and sell?