MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Elite collection of photographs  (Read 4024 times)

« on: May 16, 2013, 13:05 »
Please browse this collection - 500 images - out of this worldhttp://fineartamerica.com/groups/q-collection.html?tab=overview

I make nothing on this, unless you would buy a photograph from me. I try to support and we mutual promote.
Photographers for photographers. It's worth looking at those images.

Thank Leaf

All the best
Gunter

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:09 »
+1
some beautiful images but.... Photographers aren't your customers, surely?

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:39 »
You must be joking, some of these are downright poor shots.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:20 »
+3
There's no need to be rude, it's just people trying to make some money and show off what they can do. It's not another "elite" stock collection.

falstafff

This user is banned.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16 »
+1
You must be joking, some of these are downright poor shots.

Now come, come now there is no need to be rude and jealous. Be a nice lad and say you are truly sorry. Seriously, you do no better.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:18 by falstafff »

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:10 »
There's no need to be rude, it's just people trying to make some money and show off what they can do. It's not another "elite" stock collection.

You know whats rude? Insulting other people's intelligence with outrageous claims. Of course, there's nothing wrong with trying to make money, and doing a little show

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:15 »

You know whats rude? Insulting other people's intelligence with outrageous claims. Of course, there's nothing wrong with trying to make money, and doing a little show

Outrageous claims are the stock-in-trade of advertising. Look at how iStock hypes Vetta and the supposed wonderfulness of exclusive images, now Bruce is telling us the Stocksy is going to be like nothing that has ever been seen before (while hosting images that have been deactivated from microstock sites) etc. etc. etc.

I really think you should have guessed that it was going to be hyped before you saw it (being an FAA link rather gives the game away).

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:03 »

Outrageous claims are the stock-in-trade of advertising. Look at how iStock hypes Vetta and the supposed wonderfulness of exclusive images, now Bruce is telling us the Stocksy is going to be like nothing that has ever been seen before (while hosting images that have been deactivated from microstock sites) etc. etc. etc.

I really think you should have guessed that it was going to be hyped before you saw it (being an FAA link rather gives the game away).

Two wrongs don't make a right. This rube - hype attitude is turning our culture into something that's a mix of a junkyard and a circus. I don't want to live in place like that.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 09:23 »
+1
Two wrongs don't make a right. This rube - hype attitude is turning our culture into something that's a mix of a junkyard and a circus. I don't want to live in place like that.
'twere ever thus.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:08 »
actually its a fine collection, why don't you show us your WOW work topol?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26 »
That's actually irrelevant, as topol wasn't saying his work was better.
That said, positive criticism is always valuable, empty bashing is meaningless.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 16:58 by ShadySue »

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29 »

that is a really good one, so we can say other work suck, we just cannot say our rocks ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01 »
+4
Come on, people, she just showed what she thought was a great collection, it is her personal choice, your choice may differ understandably. She is not an agency and takes no commission.

Do we have to trash everything in front of us?

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 13:53 »

that is a really good one, so we can say other work suck, we just cannot say our rocks ;D ;D ;D

Nope, you can, just accept that it might draw some criticism.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 14:15 »

"Come on, people, she just showed what she thought was a great collection, it is her personal choice, your choice may differ understandably. She is not an agency and takes no commission."

I believe "she" is actually a "he."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 14:17 by Sedge »

U11

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 15:10 »
just a bit allergic to "Elite"

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 15:42 »

"Come on, people, she just showed what she thought was a great collection, it is her personal choice, your choice may differ understandably. She is not an agency and takes no commission."

I believe "she" is actually a "he."

Oops, my apologies.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 16:07 »
+2
Did anyone read the post? Photographers helping photographers. Is that so wrong? I think he was asking you to view and then maybe join ,or share, not buy. He has put together a collection of what he thinks are quality images on a site that has no inspection until an actual sale is made. Give the guy a break man. Someone being positive about photography in a sea of negativity and he gets pounced on.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 16:24 »
+2
what a $hitty attitude many people on here have - only to bash, critisize, deride others. If you thing this is a joke collection to your standards - move on. All the guy offered was a service of promotion to those who were interested.
If its not your cup of tea - buzz off