MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: What is happening to iStock, is it the end?  (Read 52304 times)

« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2013, 18:59 »
When Yuri brags about his income in the various interviews, being "way ahead of $5M and now heading towards $10M", I believe he is actually referring to total earnings since he started microstock. Funnily enough if he was earning about $1.5M annually before he went exclusive then I would absolutely expect his total earnings to be above $5M and below $10M.

I was thinking about the same thing while writing my post here today, as always Yuri playing the show-off act

To be honest I'm slightly sceptical about the accuracy of 3-4K downloads per day too! His sales ratio, compared to mine, would have to be double on SS what is actually is on DT. Both of us stopped uploading to DT for a couple of years too so we both had much larger portfolios on SS.

Everybody's sales ratio compared to everyone else is much higher on SS than DT - strange isn't it  ;)

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2013, 19:07 »
+1
When Yuri brags about his income in the various interviews, being "way ahead of $5M and now heading towards $10M", I believe he is actually referring to total earnings since he started microstock. Funnily enough if he was earning about $1.5M annually before he went exclusive then I would absolutely expect his total earnings to be above $5M and below $10M.

I was thinking about the same thing while writing my post here today, as always Yuri playing the show-off act

To be honest I'm slightly sceptical about the accuracy of 3-4K downloads per day too! His sales ratio, compared to mine, would have to be double on SS what is actually is on DT. Both of us stopped uploading to DT for a couple of years too so we both had much larger portfolios on SS.

Everybody's sales ratio compared to everyone else is much higher on SS than DT - strange isn't it  ;)

my all time DT earnings are around 10% of SS

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2013, 00:25 »

What Gostwyck meant was that if he sold five licenses on SS for every one he sold on DT, Yuri was said to be selling 10 licenses on SS for each that he sold on DT.

They have very different portfolios, though, so there are lots of variables that would affect the sales ratios.

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2013, 15:15 »
Subtlety sometimes doesn't work  :)  I meant it the same way gostwyck did.  Photog A claims sales 10 times more than photog B on SS, yet photog's A's sales on DT, IS, FT etc tend to be in the same ballpark as photog B