pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Coca Cola on Facebook  (Read 4722 times)

« on: June 25, 2013, 08:49 »
Hi guys, I have recently realized that Coca Cola Romania is using, to promote their business on their Facebook page, photos grabbed from social networks and photo sharing sites. The problem is that their page looks different in different countries, even if it's the same link:

https://www.facebook.com/cocacola

So, before writing a letter to the headquarters, can you please check their Facebook page and, if anything looks suspicious, post a screenshot here like the one attached by me? Don't forget to specify the country you are posting from.

Maybe it's just the case in Romania, but I suspect it's a little larger problem.

Thanks in advance to all of you who want to stop photo stealing!

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:55 »
I don't see that particular photo you reference on their home page on facebook here (UK).
There are lots of photos of one event in their gallery, but they have protected them so that I can't check their source via GIS.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:06 »
I don't see that particular photo you reference on their home page on facebook here (UK).

If you don't see anything suspicious, that's a good thing :)

In most countries, their content is local, managed by local crews, so you won't see the same photo in UK and Brazil (FB has this option, of targeting content to certain countries). I'm just trying to find other local crews managing their Facebook page in a wrong way, so I can write a letter to their headquarters.

Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27 »
I know that Flickr does offer commercial licenses for free for certain content. I don't want to spill the beans too much about that one.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:35 »
I know that Flickr does offer commercial licenses for free for certain content. I don't want to spill the beans too much about that one.
It's not Flickr which offers the licences, the content providers can opt to do so if they wish.