MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Organic Search to Sales Ratio  (Read 1890 times)

« on: July 01, 2013, 10:21 »
Hey everyone,

While our Warmpicture project ultimately failed to deliver what we were expecting, I thought it would be useful to share some statistics that should apply to our individual Symbiostock sites.

Using Google Analytics - between January 1 and July 1 of 2013, on average our Organic Search results converted into a Sale 1 in 245 times. This looks reasonable to me. I average 1 sale per about 100+ Views at DT, where buyers are specifically looking for stock and should have a higher conversion rate.

These stats reflect some really good contributors (and me to bring down the average  :P).

Should they apply to our Symbiostock sites? I think so. I would argue that we might have a slightly lower conversion rate due to the required registration. But it shouldn't be too different. So if you want 1 sale per week as a goal, you want to work yourself up into the search results so that you get 250 organic hits per week.

This doesn't count referral traffic, direct traffic, etc. There are other ways to get sales besides Organic Search. But I thought the information might be interesting to everyone who has a new site and is starting to watch their traffic in Analytics.

Anyone with Symbiostock sales have any thoughts on this? Leo?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:24 by djpadavona »

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 20:08 »
i'd include symbiostock referrals as organic, otherwise I think your reasoning is realistic.  with symbiostock a google search to site X also gives results from sites A,B,C and several more.  so we should be multiplying the effectiveness of each search.

leo's putting some tracking in place that can help us quantify this -- much more than any agency has ever done for its contributors

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 20:32 »

leo's putting some tracking in place that can help us quantify this -- much more than any agency has ever done for its contributors

This is were some of the gold lies hidden in this project.  We will have access to the information that we need to help us steer our course!!