MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Canva  (Read 422432 times)

« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2015, 14:54 »
+1
Hi Lee,

it seems that new FTP uploads (from January) dont even get imported anymore...? At least they are not visible on the "Your Portfolio" site.

Is that a bug? Or is it a feature?  ;)

Hey, yep, that's a feature.  We were asked to review older images first, so newer images aren't being submitted at this time.  Once we clear the backlog, we'll come back to the more recent images. 

Lee, is there any chance of getting better portfolio management system, something like what Shutterstock has? I need to click to 55 pages to see what I have accepted and what is rejected or pending. There is no way to filter a portfolio. Having a page with 100 images in lines would be a great improvement. Shutterstock's Catalog Manager is very good. Also is it possible to get more image stats and show thumbnails of sold images? Thanks for considering.

It's on the list.  We know you want it, we know why, and we know how important it is.  But it's till not our top priority.  It'll happen, just not right away.  :)

You can also go to any page in your portfolio and type in the keyword or title of the file you are looking for. (at the top of page) Saves from going through every page.

This field is a non-optimised search, so for anyone with a sizeable portfolio, it'll timeout.  At some point it'll be fixed. 

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I am looking for a simple portfolio overview/editing/filter system guys, I am not looking for a single image. I have no way of quickly seeing what is accepted, rejected, pending. Contributor admin tools is one of the things that really need improvement on Canva. IMO

No argument from us.  The current tools are crap. 

It is important, but getting images reviewed is more important. I'll start nudging them on other things once my images submitted the first week of October have been reviewed :)

Looking forward to it.  ;)  The nudging doesn't do much, but we love knowing that you care enough to nudge.  If we weren't focussed on sales, you probably wouldn't care.

I think it is good their priority is selling. Reviewing is slow and the portfolio is a mess, but they do sell! My number two after SS, when it comes to microstock.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  Awesome. 

What's the latest with vectors, Lee? Mine are nearly having their 1st Canva birthday and haven't gone live yet :)

Then they're still young.  Our first vector contributors uploaded nearly three years ago.  If you know a way to serve watermarked vectors to a browser, let us know and we'll get them online right away.  :)

I assume that the review department is not coding the site. I agree with you, but I think the two issues can be done at the same time.

You assume correctly.  We're working on everything, but it's a balancing act.  Lots of competing priorities and stakeholders. 

Thanks everyone for your continued interest.  We're seeing great growth and appreciate our contributors as partners in the journey. 

« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2015, 15:20 »
Thanks for the suggestion guys, I am looking for a simple portfolio overview/editing/filter system guys, I am not looking for a single image. I have no way of quickly seeing what is accepted, rejected, pending. Contributor admin tools is one of the things that really need improvement on Canva. IMO

agreed - however, reviews have been coming slowly but steadily over the last weeks - I'm back up over 2000 images accepted after dropping briefly to 1000 and most days add a few dozen.

what I don't know is how many remain to be reviewed - the portfolio display is useless since it give the total of images submitted, and you can only page one at a time with no sorting by accepted, etc

like others, tho, I'm patient and prefer they continue to concentrate on getting images accepted

« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2015, 18:22 »

What's the latest with vectors, Lee? Mine are nearly having their 1st Canva birthday and haven't gone live yet :)

Then they're still young.  Our first vector contributors uploaded nearly three years ago.  If you know a way to serve watermarked vectors to a browser, let us know and we'll get them online right away.  :)

I would love to help but I assumed that we upload a .jpg for that purpose, and the customer would only have access to the .eps after purchase?

Obviously I don't understand how you intend this to work with regard to vectors but perhaps the .jpg versions could go through review and at least be available?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 18:26 by KuriousKat »

« Reply #353 on: January 28, 2015, 18:45 »
+7

« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2015, 22:09 »
+2
I couldn't help it.  I'm was dying without the thumbs.  I'll twiddle some more with it tomorrow.

« Reply #356 on: January 28, 2015, 22:15 »
I couldn't help it.  I'm was dying without the thumbs.  I'll twiddle some more with it tomorrow.
Will you share when you get it going to your satisfaction Sean?

Semmick Photo

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2015, 01:30 »

agreed - however, reviews have been coming slowly but steadily over the last weeks - I'm back up over 2000 images accepted after dropping briefly to 1000 and most days add a few dozen.

what I don't know is how many remain to be reviewed - the portfolio display is useless since it give the total of images submitted, and you can only page one at a time with no sorting by accepted, etc

like others, tho, I'm patient and prefer they continue to concentrate on getting images accepted
It would be good to know though which ones were rejected do they can be fixed and resubmitted to increase sales again

Semmick Photo

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31 »
LOL, awesome, can you share the code on Greasemonkey?

« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2015, 14:45 »
+6

Semmick Photo

« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2015, 14:54 »
Here's the script:
http://www.seanlockephotography.com/scripts/CV_showThumbnail.user.js

Quick and dirty.  Enjoy!
Cheers, how do I run that on Chrome? Seems that doesnt work. Let me get Greasemonkey for Chrome.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2015, 15:04 »
+1
Got it working with Tampermonkey, thanks Sean.

« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2015, 17:00 »
+1
Thank you Sean for the script and than you Ron for the Tampermonkey tip :-)

« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2015, 13:38 »
So our new uploads are there just not visible to us?

Glad to hear the backlog is being cleared, wise move!

« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2015, 20:48 »
So our new uploads are there just not visible to us?
Correct. 

Glad to hear the backlog is being cleared, wise move!
Sure.

« Reply #365 on: January 31, 2015, 09:08 »
New uploads are showing up but it is taking a few days

« Reply #366 on: January 31, 2015, 21:12 »
New uploads are showing up but it is taking a few days

They did, but they won't.  We put some recent uploads through earlier this week to keep the queue full while the next batch of old images was coming into the queue (it's a slower process).  Please don't expect any new uploads to come online for a month or two. 

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #367 on: January 31, 2015, 22:14 »
Lee, I've got several old images (September/October vintage).  Some say "in review",  Others say "Processing",  And one or two that say "Pending Cutout."

The in review I understand.

The pending cutout images were part of some of your early-on problems.  These, like others already approved, are PNG images with clean edges and transparent backgrounds and should not be in the cutout queue.

Those marked processing were also part of the early-on problems. Their status was changed from whatever they were originally to "processing" and have been sitting ever since.  I have no idea what the term "processing" represents.

I assume those marked in review will be handled in due course.  I'm most concerned about the other two categories.  Will they be reviewed, like others, in the order they were received or are they lost forever and should be uploaded again?

« Reply #368 on: January 31, 2015, 22:23 »
+2
Lee, I've got several old images (September/October vintage).  Some say "in review",  Others say "Processing",  And one or two that say "Pending Cutout."

The in review I understand.

The pending cutout images were part of some of your early-on problems.  These, like others already approved, are PNG images with clean edges and transparent backgrounds and should not be in the cutout queue.
If there's just a few of these, email me their Media IDs and I'll fix them up.  If there's a lot, email me to let me know - I can't tell who you are by your forum name otherwise I'd have done it now. 

Those marked processing were also part of the early-on problems. Their status was changed from whatever they were originally to "processing" and have been sitting ever since.  I have no idea what the term "processing" represents.
Consider these to be the same as 'In review' - they'll be resubmitted at the end of the backlog too. 

I assume those marked in review will be handled in due course.  I'm most concerned about the other two categories.  Will they be reviewed, like others, in the order they were received or are they lost forever and should be uploaded again?

Nothing is lost, and uploading again won't do anything (duplicate files are ignored).  As much as we're a mess right now, it's an organised mess and we know exactly where every file is (and where it's supposed to be).  ;)

w7lwi

« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2015, 14:56 »
Lee, thank you.  As I mentioned there are only one or two (or thereabouts) images in the cut-out queue.  I'll e-mail you their I.D. numbers separately.  As to the others, I'll wait patiently for the backlog to be caught up.

« Reply #370 on: February 01, 2015, 18:12 »
+2
Lee, thank you.  As I mentioned there are only one or two (or thereabouts) images in the cut-out queue.  I'll e-mail you their I.D. numbers separately.  As to the others, I'll wait patiently for the backlog to be caught up.

Got them, thanks.  All fixed up. 

w7lwi

« Reply #371 on: February 01, 2015, 22:48 »

Got them, thanks.  All fixed up.

All is good.  Appreciate the help.

Cheers

« Reply #372 on: February 02, 2015, 10:11 »
Hi Lee,

some of my pictures have "Rejected (S)" as a status. I assume that means a "soft" rejection, right?
But where can I find the rejection reason?
Soft rejections make no sense if I dont know what needs to be improved.

« Reply #373 on: February 05, 2015, 21:37 »
Hi Lee,

some of my pictures have "Rejected (S)" as a status. I assume that means a "soft" rejection, right?
But where can I find the rejection reason?
Soft rejections make no sense if I dont know what needs to be improved.

I agree 100%.  We've got that on our list of things to fix.  We have the data, it's just got some non-relevant stuff in the same field that we have to remove before we make it visible on the page.  If you have only a few that you'd like me to look up for you, send me the Media IDs (11-character code starting with M from the Your Portfolio page). 

« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2015, 18:25 »
+1
Any point in uploading vectors to Canva? Most of the vector elements seems to be free. And when you search you mostly get photos, even if you include the keyword "vector". And what format (page size) should I go for if I make complete designs? There are so many to chose from. Which ones sell the most?