pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Canva  (Read 422436 times)

Semmick Photo

« Reply #550 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48 »
I dont even know what credentials to use or how to create my username. LOL

« Reply #551 on: April 17, 2015, 09:11 »
Do we need to change the FTP server?  Can't connect using the old details.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #552 on: April 17, 2015, 09:27 »

We have a new FTP system
Instead of the separate FTP login details weve supplied you, from Friday on well be using your Canva account. But the FTP address and port will stay the same.
Well be changing over at 1:00AM UTC (GMT) on Friday, April 17th.
The old FTP system will stop working at that time, but if you happen to be uploading you hopefully won't notice much. Your upload session will be disconnected, and then will hopefully just reconnect to the new system (at the same address) and continue uploading. 

How to Log In to the New System
Your new FTP username will be a combination of your Canva username and Canva brandname with a plus symbol between, like this:  username+brandname
Your new FTP password is the same password you use to log into the Canva website.  If you change your password on the Canva website, itll change immediately on your new FTP account too.  Its literally the same password.
As an example, if your Canva username is joebloggs and your Canva brandname is bloggsimages, then your new FTP credentials will be:
Server:  ftp.canva.com
Port:  21
FTP Username:  joebloggs+bloggsimages
FTP Password:  [Canva password]
If you have multiple brands, simply change the brandname portion of the FTP username to upload to each brand.  This will work for all brands that you have access to with your Canva user account.

If you log in with your email address and don't know your username...
Simply log in to Canva and from the main menu (triangle in top-right corner) click on Your Profile.  That page will show you your username preceded by the @ symbol.  Its also in the URL after canva.com/

New Visibility on your Uploads
On the new system you'll notice a new "_processing" directory in your FTP account.  Successfully uploaded images will remain there until they complete review. Use this to check which files you've uploaded recently.
Deleting files from there won't delete them from Canva.  Use the 'Your Portfolio' page on the website for all file management.

« Reply #553 on: April 17, 2015, 14:22 »
I initially had a problem, but I had the wrong brand name. You need to go under profile to find it. I connected and uploaded a bunch last night and they went through fine.

« Reply #554 on: April 17, 2015, 14:59 »
This is maybe the only agency that really gets me excited.
In my opinion communication is a major factor when dealing with contributors and I really appreciate everything that you guys are doing in that department. Keep up the good work, Lee!

I sent a few files a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately the connection dropped so I currently have no idea how many of them have actually made it. I hope that they will show up in my portfolio soon so I can upload the rest of them next week before I leave on holiday.

P.S. Congrats on the 2 000 000 members milestone. :P

Thanks for this.  We know communication is key.  We can still improve, but I'm glad we're getting at least some of it right. 

Well, I can't connect using the new configuration. Anybody else having problems?

It's working well and we have a lot of people uploading right now.  Please check your username, your brandname and your password.  The few people who've had issues today all had these details wrong.  The email I sent announcing the new FTP system has details on how you can confirm each of them.  If you still have trouble, email me and I'll look into your account for you. 

The old server has been decommissioned. You can throw away all your old details. It's never coming back.  :D

« Reply #555 on: April 17, 2015, 16:34 »
I was able to connect and upload a batch, I hope in time for this weekend's ingestion.

« Reply #556 on: April 17, 2015, 17:15 »
Once I had my correct user name (not my display name lol) it worked like a charm ... quicker than the old one and better than any of the other FTP sites I use. Well done Canva team :)

Thank you Lee for the help :)

« Reply #557 on: April 17, 2015, 20:57 »
I was able to connect and upload a batch, I hope in time for this weekend's ingestion.

You made it!  :)

Once I had my correct user name (not my display name lol) it worked like a charm ... quicker than the old one and better than any of the other FTP sites I use. Well done Canva team :)

Thank you Lee for the help :)

I'm glad you got it working and that you think it's better.  It's just a distributed system on AWS, so not overly difficult to do.  In fact I don't think we've turned on the distribution yet, so it'll get even faster once we do. 

« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2015, 10:28 »
How long does it take to get approved to be a canva contributor?
I applied to be an illustrator...

What is the difference between a stock image contributor and a canva layout designer?

Monica

« Reply #559 on: April 21, 2015, 17:43 »

What is the difference between a stock image contributor and a canva layout designer?

Monica

You'll get a response within 24 hours.  Let me know if you don't. 

A stock image contributor contributes stock images (photos, vectors, 3D renders, etc).  A layout designer designs Canva layouts.  Both earn royalties when Canva customers purchase licenses to their work.  There's more info on the designer program here:  http:www.canva.com/designers

farbled

« Reply #560 on: April 22, 2015, 15:49 »

Monica

You'll get a response within 24 hours.  Let me know if you don't. 

A stock image contributor contributes stock images (photos, vectors, 3D renders, etc).  A layout designer designs Canva layouts.  Both earn royalties when Canva customers purchase licenses to their work.  There's more info on the designer program here:  http:www.canva.com/designers
Hey Lee, is there any incentive if I refer a designer or 3?

« Reply #561 on: April 22, 2015, 21:03 »

Love and appreciation.  ;)

farbled

« Reply #562 on: April 22, 2015, 21:06 »

:P
duly noted.
edit: how about a beer if/when I make it to the office while traveling?

« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2015, 00:57 »
+1

duly noted.

I'll buy *at least* one beer for any contributor who comes to the office.

« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45 »
Hi Lee,
thanks for accepting me. I understand that the vector upload is not ready yet...

I'm also interested in the layout designer program and I think I am going to apply for that, I am still learning how the design tool works. I am taking the tutorials first.

I was just trying to find where the layouts from the designer program go, so where do buyers find these ready made layouts?

Are these layouts the ones showing up in the Stream on the site ... or the layouts will show up always in the design tool along with backgrounds, text and image?

And how much is the commission if someone is using your layout?

Thanks

farbled

« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2015, 13:42 »

duly noted.

I'll buy *at least* one beer for any contributor who comes to the office.

Works for me. :)

« Reply #566 on: April 24, 2015, 02:15 »
Hi Lee,
thanks for accepting me. I understand that the vector upload is not ready yet...

I'm also interested in the layout designer program and I think I am going to apply for that, I am still learning how the design tool works. I am taking the tutorials first.

I was just trying to find where the layouts from the designer program go, so where do buyers find these ready made layouts?

Are these layouts the ones showing up in the Stream on the site ... or the layouts will show up always in the design tool along with backgrounds, text and image?

Thanks

Email me a link to your portfolio of document designs and I'll get it in front of the right people. 

When you choose a document type in Canva (the horizontal list of different design types at the top of the home page), you go to a new design (in the editor) where you see the layouts in the left sidebar.  Those layouts are either made by Canva and are free, or are made by layout contributors and are paid. 

Layout royalties are the same as for image contributors: 35%. 

If your layouts include images from other contributors, that contributor earns their usual royalty, but you earn an extra 10% commission on those images.  You can also include your own images in layouts in which case you earn the usual royalty.

« Reply #567 on: April 24, 2015, 06:40 »
interesting Lee! I didnt know we could do that as designers! Sale our canva design is a great idea!!!! where I can post my canva designs for people to buy them? Canva review those design templates? please give us more information  ???

Hi Lee,

Thanks

Email me a link to your portfolio of document designs and I'll get it in front of the right people. 

When you choose a document type in Canva (the horizontal list of different design types at the top of the home page), you go to a new design (in the editor) where you see the layouts in the left sidebar.  Those layouts are either made by Canva and are free, or are made by layout contributors and are paid. 

Layout royalties are the same as for image contributors: 35%. 

If your layouts include images from other contributors, that contributor earns their usual royalty, but you earn an extra 10% commission on those images.  You can also include your own images in layouts in which case you earn the usual royalty.

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2015, 20:28 »
Lee, I see by my stats that I've exceeded the payout threshold again.  However, I've yet to see an e-mail letting me know I'll be getting a payment next month.  Is this a new policy as the last time I hit payout I got an e-mail almost immediately after passing $100 (payout ended up quite a bit higher than that as the $100 mark was in the middle of the month)?

« Reply #570 on: April 27, 2015, 21:42 »
Lee, I see by my stats that I've exceeded the payout threshold again.  However, I've yet to see an e-mail letting me know I'll be getting a payment next month.  Is this a new policy as the last time I hit payout I got an e-mail almost immediately after passing $100 (payout ended up quite a bit higher than that as the $100 mark was in the middle of the month)?

That was a manual email that I sent you because you didn't have your payout details in the system.  There's no automated emails for contributors at this time, other than those PayPal and Skrill send when you receive your payment.  Now that your payment details are in, you'll just automatically receive your payment around the 5th of next month with no notifications other than those from PayPal or Skrill. 

« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2015, 09:30 »
The new FTP server is up and running now.  For the next little while we're only going to be submitting images on the weekends, but we have ample reviewing resources so we expect all files to be reviewed and online before the end of the week. 

Hi Lee,

is this an automated process, so everything uploaded gets submitted over the weekend?
Because I have some files I uploaded on April 17 and they are still not visible in my portfolio, but I do see them in the "processing" folder when I connect my FTP client.

thanks for looking into that...

« Reply #573 on: April 29, 2015, 06:34 »
+21
Got the email about the new licenses and all.  Question about this part :
"We're also including subscription packages.  The cheaper ones will provide the same OTU licenses we currently provide, though the bigger ones will provide the new RF license.  Royalties for both types of subscriptions are the same 35 cents we're currently paying. "

Why isn't the new RF license paying higher than the OTU?  I don't think people want yet another SS paying pennies for full rights.

« Reply #574 on: April 29, 2015, 09:29 »
+20
I have a similar concern to the one Sean mentioned - RF subscription and micro-RM (your OTU) for the same 35 cents a use.

I'm sure there'll be a "make it up in volume" argument, but that doesn't wash because (a) no one but SS really has the volume and (b) SS pays me 38 cents per RF subscription and I'm not all that thrilled to see someone undercutting that. I know there are other sites that pay 35 cents per subscription (Dreamstime for example) and I'm not happy about that either. So far I haven't been unhappy enough to leave the site, but as their credit sales slim down and subscriptions increase, it makes the site a whole lot less attractive.

I started uploading to Canva because it seemed it was something other than one of the many startups copying one of the existing agencies and thinking they could gain a foothold. I was OK with the 35 cents a sale because of the RM nature of it - one time use and the buyer doesn't get my image (monitoring compliance with mass market rights managed is a non starter).

I hope Canva realizes that introducing subscriptions for RF licenses really changes the game as far as Canva and contributors are concerned. This is not just a small detail.