MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Canva  (Read 422566 times)

Semmick Photo

« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2015, 14:35 »
+1
Its hard for me to get BMEs as they keep deleting images from my portfolio. It really doesn't sit right with me. They should for the sake of helping them start up grandfather a portfolio. Instead it feeks like thanks for the help but we no longer need you. Anyways, I'll get back under my rock.

What kind of images are they deleting?  That hasn't happened to me yet and it would be nice to know what they don't want to save time when submitting.
I dont know. I have asked but they cant say exactly. Expectations are that most of my portfolio will be removed.

I have also asked what they need and basically the images need to be commercial and have money invested in them. I understand I need to invest money in commercial shoots.

I am contemplating my next move. I have a hard time justifying investing hundreds of dollars for 35 cent returns. Not just for Canva, for any agency paying 35 cents. So I am on the fence of what direction to take. Do I keep shooting my landscapes and the occasional table top, and accept that I am not going to be accepted by Stocksy, Creative Market, and Canva. Or will I invest money to shoot images and hope to get accepted into those agencies to make my money back.

« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2015, 03:58 »
+2
They have removed all my images with text on them, they were selling well and were a large chunk of my portfolio.  I think what they should of done was have a separate collection for images with text.  Never understand why sites want buyers to have to go to their rival sites to find images they want?  They might not come back and I also think it reduces traffic, as all those google searches for images with text will now be pointing at their rival sites.  It also hits my motivation to carry on uploading to Canva and I'm sure I wont be the only one.

Hopefully they wont decide to get rid of another category, at least it isn't as bad as the site that decided to only sell black & white :)

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2015, 12:38 »
+3
Lee,

In spite of continued assurances since last year, all of my images that have been marked "processing" are still in the same state.  As no apparent progress appears to be being made to correct this CANVA problem, I intend to re-upload these images over the next two weeks. You can simply go ahead and dump the old images marked processing as I have little to no confidence they will ever be corrected, in spite of previous statements that they are now your "highest priority".

Russ

« Reply #603 on: May 21, 2015, 04:48 »
+1
What's happening with Canva? I can't find the info about my earnings balance and from today the sales gives me "Forbidden (403)"! What a mess!?

« Reply #604 on: May 21, 2015, 04:51 »
+2
Working for me on this page https://www.canva.com/sales

« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2015, 04:59 »
Not working for me right now! It was working yesterday!
The link to my balance in my profile page is missing for the last few weeks!

« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2015, 05:45 »
+9
I went to a social media networking get together last night.  I had seen on their facebook timeline that a few months ago, there was a presentation on Canva.  Well, the woman who did the presentation could have been a brand ambassador.  She could not stop gushing about how she loved Canva, and how she uses it everyday, and it makes design tools and images available to everyone, without the hassle and cost of a subscription or credits.... It was good to see that kind of enthusiasm.

« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2015, 07:01 »
None of it available to me at all tonight :)

« Reply #608 on: May 25, 2015, 07:08 »
Lee, where is my portfolio, my canva designs and earnings??? all disappear!!!!! what happened on canva?!  :-\

« Reply #609 on: May 25, 2015, 07:23 »
Lee, where is my portfolio, my canva designs and earnings??? all disappear!!!!! what happened on canva?!  :-\

it was my mistake !! I was in my personal area lol  and I found all ;)

« Reply #610 on: May 25, 2015, 07:35 »
+1
None of it available to me at all tonight :)
Had to go jumping around, found it though ...

« Reply #611 on: May 25, 2015, 21:21 »
Hi Lee,

When connecting via FTP I can see files I've uploaded recently in _processing, but they're all 0 bytes in size.  Is that ok?  I don't see any of these in my portfolio, and some have been there over a month... though admittedly I've lost track of what the expected turnaround times are these days.

« Reply #612 on: May 25, 2015, 23:23 »
+1
Wow, now that's service.  Perhaps a remarkable coincidence, but since I posted all my images have appeared in my portfolio, and all have already been reviewed (and most approved, yay!).  Thank you SO much.

« Reply #613 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41 »
+1
Hi Lee,

When connecting via FTP I can see files I've uploaded recently in _processing, but they're all 0 bytes in size.  Is that ok?  I don't see any of these in my portfolio, and some have been there over a month... though admittedly I've lost track of what the expected turnaround times are these days.

I see this too. 

I also seem to have lost the links to portfolio, sales, etc.  All I have is "settings" under my avatar.

« Reply #614 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22 »
+1

I see this too. 

I also seem to have lost the links to portfolio, sales, etc.  All I have is "settings" under my avatar.

I wonder why but the links are hidden in "Settings"!

« Reply #615 on: May 26, 2015, 10:29 »
Ah yes.  I didn't go there because I didn't want to change any settings.

w7lwi

« Reply #616 on: May 26, 2015, 10:42 »
Lee,

In spite of continued assurances since last year, all of my images that have been marked "processing" are still in the same state.  As no apparent progress appears to be being made to correct this CANVA problem, I intend to re-upload these images over the next two weeks. You can simply go ahead and dump the old images marked processing as I have little to no confidence they will ever be corrected, in spite of previous statements that they are now your "highest priority".

Russ

OK an update on this.  I uploaded all 14 images that have been in status "processing" last week.  This morning I checked and 13 have been approved and are in my port.  The 13 old images that were marked "processing" have been removed.  The only one that hasn't been approved yet has been marked "pending Cutout."  This is likely an error as it's a PNG with all the BG removed.  All previous PNG images were accepted just fine, so I'll pass on a note to Lee about this one.  Now that my port appears to be current, I feel comfortable resuming uploads.

« Reply #617 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51 »
FTP server is having issues right now.

« Reply #618 on: May 26, 2015, 14:27 »
FTP server is having issues right now.

Still can't get anything up there.  Just me?

« Reply #619 on: May 27, 2015, 02:55 »
Just uploaded fine here.

My problem is my _processing folder has 840 images in it dating back to 22 April some of which have appeared in my portfolio and some haven't. It's a devil working out which ones have been cleared and which ones haven't and why they still show as processing.

99% are PNG with removed BG's

Semmick Photo

« Reply #620 on: May 27, 2015, 03:04 »
Lee,

Russ

OK an update on this.  I uploaded all 14 images that have been in status "processing" last week.  This morning I checked and 13 have been approved and are in my port.  The 13 old images that were marked "processing" have been removed.  The only one that hasn't been approved yet has been marked "pending Cutout."  This is likely an error as it's a PNG with all the BG removed.  All previous PNG images were accepted just fine, so I'll pass on a note to Lee about this one.  Now that my port appears to be current, I feel comfortable resuming uploads.
Did you have your knickers in a twist over 14 images, or am I misunderstanding this?  :o

w7lwi

« Reply #621 on: May 27, 2015, 12:55 »
Lee,

Russ

Did you have your knickers in a twist over 14 images, or am I misunderstanding this?  :o

About 14 images ... no.  About 14 images that have been stuck in limbo for over six months with continued assurances that the issue would be fixed ... yes.

« Reply #622 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48 »
Can I get this set not to be "pending cut out"?  They're meant to have the blue background as the copyspace.

« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2015, 07:04 »
+1
Can I get this set not to be "pending cut out"?  They're meant to have the blue background as the copyspace.

Sean, I have several images "pending cut-out" that are totally unsuitable to be cut out (like smoke, or your flame).  In a previous post, Lee said that images that prove to be impossible to cut-out, will be deleted.
Some images, like a Christmas tree, are "suitable", but a real pain.   Would be a lot easier to just leave them on white (or black).

Semmick Photo

« Reply #624 on: May 29, 2015, 07:42 »

The idea of Canva is that the buyer can design their own background. Thats what I understand. The color of the background doesnt matter, so anything that looks like an isolation will go to cut out.